1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

How did you become a fan of Keyakizaka46?

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by MasToppu, Jan 19, 2018.

1. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Let's share our first love with Keyakizaka46. :)

1. How did you get to know about Keyakizaka46?
    2. How did you become a fan of Keyakizaka46?
    Let me start it.
    How did you get to know about Keyakizaka46?

I found about Keyakizaka46, thanks to conanatsuko48 blog. On that wolves nest, I found news about Nogizaka are going to have sister group, when I search info and news about Nogizaka46. Then, I saw their official photo with media. I think that was their first interview, when they just got accepted as the members of Keyakizaka46, the one when they stand in 3 rows and wearing different uniform. On that photo, my eyes was glued on one of members, a girl with perfectly straight bangs, with beauty soar through the sky, even though body shorter than all. Yes, she is my angel Uemura! Because of her, I dig deeper about Keya and tried to find anything about them.

How did you become a fan of Keyakizaka46
    Keyakitte, kakenai. At first, I don't watch this show, because I have my hand full of Nogizaka show. Then, I got free time and start doing Keyakake marathon, from ep1 to 8. It turned out really funny and interesting show. Loved to see Uemura buhabuha, Ozeki Style and I was mesmerized by Fuuchan beauty. But, at that time, I didn't download it and just watch it online. Then, ep 25 was broadcasted, the fashion check! After that, I realized, I must get this show, so I can replay it over and over, because I want to know more about them and see more detail about these girls, especially Uemura. I did download ep 1 to 25, and did Keyakake marathon once again, but this time from ep 1 to 25, in one day. In the morning of next day, my love grew bigger towards this group, especially Uemura.
    Silent Majority. This is also the song that made me fall in love with this group. The raw band-ish sound in it was the one responsible to attract me more into Keya. It is funny, actually, because the song that make me interested to Nogi is Seifuku no mannequin, which has similar strong accoustic guitat like SiMajo. Maybe, because I love accoustic guitar more than electric guitar, so the song is perfectly match for my ears. :D

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. 4noki

4noki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Twitter:
    ShinokiW
    There's more of a development of how I became a fan of certain members than of how I got into Keyakizaka. Haha.

Those two happened in tandem.

Back in 2012 or so, I had first gotten interested in AKB48 through the anime AKB0048. I found out more about the group, watched variety shows, fell in love with SKE48, and eventually joined the subbing group Aidol. I eventually fell out of love with the 48G, although I still remember them fondly, due to management choices, graduations, and shuffles. I spent a year or two hovering on the edge of the idol world but not really following idols.

Then, in a moment of nostalgia, I went to the Aidol site and noticed an episode of KeyaKake subbed. Not caring much, having not been interested in Nogizaka back when I was into the 48G, I watched that episode. It was the cooking episode of KeyaKake with Manaka. Finding it interesting and funny, I watched the other episode of the cooking segment of KeyaKake.

It was summer, the summer of 2017 if I remember correctly. I had time, so I searched around for the KeyaKake episodes. What was this group? Keyakizaka46. Back then, I couldn't spell the group's name. However, I found Aya-chan's site and found a list of links to the KeyaKake episode streaming places. I picked out the episodes with interesting names and watched them.

Before I knew it, I had grown enamored with the group. At this point, KeyaVids was still coming to develop to the form it is now. I watched KeyaKake. I finished the episodes with interesting titles. I couldn't really tell who was who, but I was learning their names. I liked Habu the most at first. I watched more of Keyakizaka's shows, KeyaVids being great in helping with that.

Commenting about Keyakizaka on facebook, a friend of mine who liked SKE back in the day encouraged my interest in Keyakizaka. He even told me that I should check out their music. (I'm the type that goes for variety shows first and then music. I was too used to AKBingo with the format of having a song at the end of the episode.)

I liked their shows. I liked their music. (Futari Saison was the one I really liked at first) Thus, next thing I know, I'm a total Keya wota.

Haha, but on my oshimen. Manaka!!!! Zuumin!!!

With Manaka, I thought that she was pretty and reminded me of SKE's nnnnManatsu. She was pretty, and I learned that her personality was fun too, so I ended up really liking her.

With Zuumin, one of my idol wota friends is a Zuumin-oshi. His Zuumin love osmosis-ed over to me. I'm seriously happy about it though. She's cute and wonderful and I like her solo songs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I'm a huge fan of Matsui Rena, I learnt about the existence of 46G through her when she got Kennin in Nogi46. From there, I learnt Nogi had a sister group aka Keyaki46. Plus, people wouldn't stop mentioning SaiMajo everywhere, the hype was real. I remember watching the MV but never really paid attention until almost a year later.

I jump from one group (mostly girl groups) to another when I think I've watched all there is to watch about them, I think I've hopped almost all the kpop girl groups out there lol. So after watching all the SKE48 content I could find, I was looking for something new and was clicking around youtube. I came across a Berika video (the compilation from DepressingSubs) and thought she was hella adorable with her awkward self. I then started binge watching Keyakitte and Keyabingo then the rest is history.

4. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru

I guess the same friend who got me into SKE 8 years ago did the same thing with Keyaki, instead of theater shows it was music videos. He recommended me Eccentric and it was then I eyed the girl on my profile pic.

Basically, I searched up Neru's profile and found she was apart of Hiragana Keyaki, not the main group like I had initially thought. So I searched up Hiragana and spotted Neru's intro episode of Hiragana on KeyaKake and I fell in love with Kyonko and well... through that, I binged through the rest of KeyaKake and got my beautiful sergeant of an oshi now.

5. Rayman21

Rayman21 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I used to follow Nogi before MaiMai left then for some reason I took some long break. I had heard about keyaki during that time and became curious.
    How did you become a fan of keyakizaka46?
    I started watching keyakake and instantly was caught out by how the members were all weird and wacky in their own ways haha. Oda stood out for me lol. Also the singles they had already released (first three) were all amazing to my ears and so I just had to become a fan haha

6. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    at first i ignored keya because i figured they would be like the other 48\46 groups. while i love certain members in those groups, i usually find the overall groups lacking what i like. Eventually i watched some mvs and performances, and discovered they had something special.

• Like Like x 2
  7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Simply by following the discussion here on Stage48!

At the beginning of 2016 my interest in Nogizaka was drifting away and my first reaction to the formation of Keyaki was "oh no, not another version of Nogi!". In any case I was much more interested in the start of NGT48. However I did start to listen to Silent Majority and I can remember hearing it being played on those loudspeakers they have in the back streets of Shibuya while I was visiting Tokyo in March that year. I bought the CD when it was released but it was really when Futari Saison appeared that I became a fan. I started watching Keyabingo and through that I fell in love with Mona. When I visited Tokyo again in March last year I managed to get a ticket for the ZIP! Haru Fes at Tokyo Dome City Hall. I was very excited about that, and it made a great final evening to my trip when I saw the group perform live. I'm going to Japan yet again in May and I really hope there'll be a HS event while I'm there.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  8. theDiamandis

theDiamandis Kenkyuusei

can u believe I randomly click the news on Line Today, and the news was abt Techi's hs accident, it was my first time to heard "Techi and Keyakizaka46", since I never and have no interest into jpop yet, but I curious what keyakizaka46 is and then I start searching Keyakizaka46 on YouTube, and it was fukyouwaon era.

How did u become a fan of keyakizaka46?

after I discovered abt keyakizaka46 (took few weeks probably), I learned abt their songs, dance, variety and dorama. I like their songs and dance, this group really different from other idol groups I've ever seen, I watched all keyakitte kakenai eps and from that I know all members name and their character, Oda Nana makes my love to keyakizaka46 more deeper and thanks to her I become their fan, I love how she act, it will always end up hilarious. Keyakizaka46 the one and only idol group that I like and follow, I really grateful to know keyakizaka46 :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. akira goh

akira goh Kenkyuusei

It all started from morning musume to akb48 to nogizaka48 to keyakizaka46. I learnt about morning musume thanks to a variety show showcasting the members english which was funny. That got me interested and followed momusu. Watched variety shows but it is limited. So watched MVs and stopped updating after Kamei Eri left. Months went by and have got nothing to watch. I know about akb48 but i was ignorant and think that they are just copycats of momusu. But i did end up watching the akbingo. the lie detector test. that was interesting. So began following akb48. binge watching akbingo to the point where too many new members I am not familiar with. So i started wiki akb48 and learn a rival group called nogizaka46 and a sister group keyakizaka46. That's how i know about keyakizaka46

The first song i heard was Futari Saison and found it really pleasant to listen. Got goosebumps watching the solo dance of techi + the build up music tension. I only listen to their music from time to time when i need to focus in studies (I focus better when listening to japanese song than korean, weird me). As the song were not many at that time, the playlist starts playing nogizaka songs as well. I like all the songs from keyakizaka but only a few from nogizaka (kidzuitara, barette, the htc song). gone off the main topic. then here comes the main reason. i watched clips from youtube about getting to know zakuuru pairs and berisa. that was interesting especially the zakuuru. so i started downloading and watching keyakake. i would consider that the main reason for me to really like and follow keyakizaka. Afterall, variety shows is the best thing ever to know about a group especially with large members

10. White

White Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    How did you get to know about keyakizaka46?
    from this forum , I'm always a silent reader [hehe] I know keyakizaka while suddenly a news about nogizaka having a sister group.
    That's time i still fans of akb and i sick about something call sister group. Why nogi need sister group and i never follow nogi.
    Well well, thats irony because i really a fans of keya. That's also happen when I don't like akb now i join this international akb forum, watching their show and knows the member name when the past me said i will never know all this akb member name :^^;:

How did you become a fan of keyakizaka46?
    dare no koto wo ichiban aishiteru:cute::cute:
    I fall in love:inlove: with the center mysterious and her staring eyes really torn my heart<3.(sound so gay:awesome:)
    The center of mv, she has short hair like sakura but she different with sakura. Who is she? She a new member akb? Nogi member? And i didnt read the description in akb youtube video :hmm:(well blame past me, whai so ignorant)
    And i searching this forum and i got mistake i think she from ngt. Searching ngt member and no one like her. Who is she???
    And i read the youtube description (i watch it over and over) and well she is hirate yurina from keyakizaka46. That's time they already released fukyowaon single:^^;:. I'm really late to know keya. (But i remember that one time i hear they futari saison song, the song is nice but no, i still not keya fans at that moment)
    And yep till now i still a keya fans. From kanji to hiragana. From kanji 1st gen to hiragana 2nd gen i know the member name.:^^;:
    From the one who sick with this new sister group to the one who a fans that always follow keyakizaka.

11. Naru-chan

Naru-chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    habumizuho

Kinda connects, so making it in one reply:
    I'm a Hello! Project fan since the very end of 2010. I tried to get into other idols as well, but it turned out that H!P groups have a style I like the most. (Since then I also became to like Fairies and Ladybaby, but that's a whole another story for another forum.) I tried to get into AKB48 several times, but I just didn't get the feel. I couldn't get into the songs and I didn't like the rotating members system (I felt sorry for the girls who can't participate in a single), so I gave up on 46/48G. Or so I thought... :XD:

In the November of 2017 I somehow got the idea of listen to Silent Majority on Youtube. I found myself humming the song later that day and if I'm humming a song, I've already gotten into it... :XD: At that week, I listened many of their songs, and I liked them, especially Getsuyoubi no asa, Fukyouwaon, Eccentric and of course, Saimajo. I knew Keyaki has something different to offer than the usual idol style, and I liked it very very much. Also liked that they don't have rotating members system. On a whim I clicked on a recommendation video and it was their debut countdown live. I watched the whole thing, but before that, during the backstage session I checked the Keyaki wiki to know who is who. Habu-chan immediately got my attention, since she reminded me one of my H!P kamioshis, Yamaki Risa. I'm glad this happened, because Habu is adorable, I love how she likes anime and gaming and omg she's just too cute to handle... <3 <3 <3 She's the type of idol I love very very much. :3 I enjoyed their countdown live and started watching Keyakake, since I wanted to know more about this girls, especially Habu. Now I'm almost caught up with the show and after finishing it, I'll start binge watching Keyabingo. I managed to recognize the faces of all Kanji girls, now I'm learning Hiragana. You can see my bestgrills in my signature. :D Also, OTP is HabuSugai. :3

And maybe in the future I'll get into other 46/48G groups as well. Who knows... :D

MasToppu, I'll fangirl in your style, if you don't mind. XD
    KEYA is HABU, HABU is KEYA!!! ALL HAIL HABU!!!:worthy:

12. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    From the beginning.

Since Silent Majority, I was like "What the?" They have this aura and impact on you when they sing and dance.

13. ramadya

ramadya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    Twitter:
    ramadayoo

From Goose House covering their song "kazeni fukarete mo" and i kinda dont believe if that is an idol song,so i check the mv

Until i realise i can remember almost all members name (kanji only) which i cant do that when im following AKB48 back in the days

14. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    How did you get to know Keyakizaka46?
    From the infamous Nazi incident. lol.​
    I was lurking through the Stage48 wiki, looking at all of the sister groups. Suddenly clicked on Keyakizaka46 page, saw their Futari Saison poster. I was into military lolita at that time, so seeing their costumes me want to follow them! I immediately searched for futari saison in youtube, cried while watching the music video for no particular reason. Started watching KeyaKake from Episode 1!

15. bakxx

bakxx Kenkyuusei

i was checking out akb's newest song that time, it was sukinanda. and there is another song by undergirls, darashinai aishikata? and i actually liked the song!! then, someone in the comment said that this sounds like keyakizaka46's eccentric, since i liked the song so i was curious about it. so i went to search the song and watched the mv for eccentric- i was so surprised by the song! it was so cool and there were english subtitle and the lyrics is so cool wtf and the dance too!!!!!!!! and i decided to watch another mv of theirs which is silent majority and i fell in love with their uniforms and their concept.... their concept was so different!!!!! i've never seen these kind of concept and i was sooo in love with the concept, even until now. i remember making all my friends to watch silent majority and eccentric lololol. so i decided to search more about them and now i'm so obsessed lol. they are all cute. i still kinda regret for not finding out about them sooner.... :(

the moment i found about them, that is when i became a fan lololol

16. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    Q: How did you get to know about Keyakizaka46?

A: I used Good Enough Subs channel to watch AKB stuff, and saw the really old food review episode. The thumbnail had Imaizumi, and I investigated.

Q: How did you become a fan of Keyakizaka46?

A: I read all of the threads minus the General thread in the Keyaki section here, and saw how devoted the fandom was, and how interesting the group was with their rebellious theme. Unlike AKB, every single member I found interesting. Thus I am a fan now.

17. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I was watching the development and any news of "Toriizaka". Being a die hard fan of Nogizaka (I'd still say that about myself now but it was much stronger back then) I don't think I could've not liked them. They were interested in the first press release but I decided I was definitely going to love them from the first episode of Keyakake. I immediately began subbing and shared with people who weren't even idol fans..

18. Goodnight Biscuit

Goodnight Biscuit Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wakatsukiyumi
    Q: How did you get to know about Keyakizaka46?
    A: I know 'em since their second single.

Q: How did you become a fan of Keyakizaka46?
    A: I don't have any preference for my music sense, fly away from Hank William to Behemoth, Disney soundtrack to Jamaican Reggae, Chemical Romance to 48/46 Groups. But, something just wrong with Keyakizaka46 rebellious young girl sang about true face of social, try to breakfree from common dogma and be her self, something that I used to do, I'm a teenagers so I completely understand what they're try to say, every song they sing is like I saw somebody just sang my heart along that's why I getting into Keyakizaka.

19. AS_0323

AS_0323 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I guess I really just saw them in a recommended video while binge watching some Nogizaka stuff on YouTube.

I was looking through the 46 subbed shows master list and went to Keyakitte Kakenai and decided to give them a shot. I was immediately won over by their personalities! ​

20. spacelion

spacelion Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Twitter:
    spacelaiyon
    Don't remember.

Futari Saison.