Single Keyakizaka46 6th [Glass wo Ware!] (2018/03/07)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 30, 2018.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I think the million is likely, but not a sure thing. The Nogi releases that have reached a million have all had 850K+ the first week. They have a good chance of getting there, but it is not certain yet.
    In that chart, the rows across are Hadashi-Sayonara-Influencer-Nigemizu-Itsuka. The rows down are 1st through 8th weeks, plus current totals at the bottom. Oricon numbers.

[​IMG]

The Nogi songs that reached a million all started at 850K or higher for the first week. Seems possible for Garasu, adding sales for Monday to the 832,000 so far. We don't have the full Oricon number for the first week yet, but it should come soon. Just adding the six days together (Tues-Sun) we get 832,522. If the final week's number is around 18K higher than the six-day total -- which is in the range of what it can be -- they would seem to me to have a good chance of reaching the million. However, the sales pattern of Keyaki and Nogi may be a bit different. The difference might favour Keyaki, since they seem to have a bit more support among non-idol-fans, among whom sales might be more spread-out over time.

In any case, this release is really rolling. I really did not expect them to get this far this time.They are already ahead of Sayonara no Imi's first week, and Sayonara has almost reached a million (974K). So I think they are right where they need to be to have a chance of reaching the million eventually. On Oricon. They should definitely reach it on SoundScan.

Official goods for 6th single. The best images are on the official site's store page. Clear images of each member and her oshi towel. Images there can be clicked to see an even bigger version. Check out the black version of the T-shirts. The thing at the top right of the list is an embroidered pouch. The thing at the bottom left is a hand-warmer.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Regarding Oricon weekly sales: Initial numbers show ~833k for the first week (I said initial, NOT final, because the 833k number - 83.3万 - is subject to rounding; the actual numbers that will be given out later in the week will be the final count).

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2107395/full/

Have to agree what @ukifune said above. Keyakizaka46's sales growth is downright dangerous, with a bit more support among non-idol fans.

(But not #1 digitally, unfortunately, because of Kenshi Yonezu. https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2107393/full/ I mean, who is he, really? Why has he been that popular over the past year or so?)

3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

• Like Like x 1
  4. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Hope this single reaches 850k (like Nogi's 19th) in its first week.

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Well, they didn't reach 850K in the first week on Oricon, but they still have a decent chance to make the million in, as @CutePanda says, 2-3 months. It will be fascinating to see how the sales trend. Will the pattern actually be different from Nogi or not? Will Techi's comparative invisibility dampen down sales or not?

I must say I've been watching the Techi-less live versions and enjoying them more and more -- for what they are rather than thinking of what they aren't. But the M-Station camera work is so tight you can hardly see the dancing.

6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Because he actually releases songs that the general public love? He's been popular for a couple years now. He used to make songs for vocaloids so had a small following from that when he debuted, but his song Loser in 2015 was a hit, and then every release he made since was a hit as well. Then he released Uchiage Hanabi with Daoko last year which was easily one of the top 5 songs of the year, which solidified his presence with the general public. So yeah, who is he? One of the most popular male solo artists in japan right now apart from Hoshino Gen.

Sorry for being Off Topic lol

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I don't really get why Yonezu Kenji's song is that popular, but (YouTube) he can sing with force and subtlety, the music is interesting, and the lyrics (scroll down this page for English) have power.

I was struck by the fact his hair is cut to hide his eyes in a similar way to Techi's. And the dancer dancing to the song in the MV reminds me somewhat of Techi dancing with Hirai Ken. Yonezu-san wearing high heels in the MV is fairly arresting, too.

As long as we don't go too far here, I don't think this is quite off-topic, lol.

8. jan ken pon

jan ken pon Kenkyuusei

Since they announced that one AKB member is going to 'study' overseas and join that television show, I really wonder if the Hirate rumors are true. If the initial rumor about someone seeing Hirate at LAX were actually posted before the Mexican producer person posted the pic of him and Aki-P on his IG, that would give it a lot more weight. How would someone who was making up a rumor know to make up something as random and unexpected as seeing Hirate at LAX?

I haven't followed any of the recent news, has there been any hints dropped by anyone about where Hirate is? Did they confirm anything about 'overseas'?

If they really sent her away to 'study' for one year in Mexico like they are doing with the AKB member, I can't imagine why they would think that's a good idea unless Hirate herself really wanted to do it and was threatening to quit or something like that.

9. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    would even miss the group's birthday live? wow... well props to her for taking the risk .. if the rumors are true.

10. emiche.

emiche. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Congrats to keya for this first week !
    For Mexico they already announced that it was Annin (Iriyama Anna) who was going to go so Tecchi is safe.
    Maybe she’s going to make a Hollywood debut haha /joking

11. ramadya

ramadya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    Twitter:
    ramadayoo
    that isn't a rumour tho
    http://www.keyakizaka46.com/s/k46o/news/detail/E00204

i think someone already post it on this thread(or general thread)

oot - and she doesn't taking any risk if the management or akiP who give her another job/project

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Keyakizaka46's 6th Single (Glass wo Ware!) (1st Week Sales)
    Week 1: 833,346 (1st)

13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi

Annin is the one joining L.I.K.E.
    the discussion about where's Techi has some news (up to you decide if believe them or not) in her thread.

At this point they could do a show about the missing girls though, I would watch it [hehe]

14. MadBunny

MadBunny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    letdown
    W2D1 - 12,380 (1st)
    Total - 845,726

Отправлено с моего Redmi Note 4 через Tapatalk

15. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
  16. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

17. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Purchase of digital single +1 count towards all songs. So I mean 34,912 refers to total purchase of Glass wo Ware! song, not the whole single.

18. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

I really hope they will show the 21 nin version of Glass wo Ware! in Keyaki46 show or Utacon/Music Fair. (the probability of 21 nin version is very very slim:^^;:)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here's a list of the numbers of official-site YouTube views of each of the "Selfie TV" video extras (short versions) over their first week online. Hirate's is first at 1.2 million views. Shida's is next at 531,000. Berika's has 445k. Neru is next at 386k, but there is comment about the fact that she has 10k likes and a full 4k dislikes. Neru-hate still lives...despite or because of the fact that she seems to be getting more and more popular generally, and getting more and more appearances on TV and in magazines.

Hirate 1.2m
    Shida 531k
    Berika 445K
    Neru 386k
    Imaizumi 361k
    Risa 352k
    Sugai 300k
    Pon 248k
    Uemura 211k
    Suzumoto 198k
    Naako 164k
    Akanen 163k
    Ozeki 149k
    Koike 148k
    Hiragana 2gens 144k
    Shii-chan 137k
    Habu 136k
    Aoi-chan 134k
    Fuu-chan 121k
    Hiragana 1gens 117k
    Yone 114k
    Oda Nana 104k
    Nijika 95k

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Techi's selfie is like to give water to tirsty people. I'm not surprised by the numbers.
    It's funny, and cute, and it has Techi in... what else could we ask?? (It also helps that isn't really a selfie... we got a better view of her than we'd probably get otherwise)

I watched the full version of a few Selfies though and I found Neru's way less boring than others.
    I actually like it so, yeah, it seems that Neru's haters are out there. Probably this is a consequences of her appearing more and getting to center AKBSakamichi song. Hopefully they'll stop soon.
    Risa's I liked, but it gave me an headache lol
    Aoi and Monta I half watched, but I didn't particularly liked

I read good comments about Yone's and Mona SelfieTvs but have yet to watch it... anyone else you guys found entertaining? (i'm curious about how Shiori did but I haven't had the time yet to watch it)