Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I just found some updated members pages with a newly done history.
    exemple Komi : http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Komiyama_Haruka
    I'm fine with it, although it became harder to read now, I'm not sure if so many informations and this roman book writting style are necessary and it becomes redondant with other informations, such as Team history, song participations etc. (ex: 2 mentions of Komi being center of "Hohoemi no Toki", isn't one too much ??)

Will this become the overall member pages format ? (lots of editing incoming)

Also to whoever who did it, be carefull of conflicting informations:
    Still on the Komi page, we have :
    "2013
    She joined AKB48 as a Kenkyuusei as part of the 15th Generation in January
    ". <== this could be more precise, wikipedia says 13/01/19.

in the board on the right :
    "Debuted June, 2013 / 15th Generation"

In the Team history section :
    "Joined AKB48 as a Kenkyuusei on June, 2013"

And in the 15 generation page :
    "Announced May, 2013" <== could be more precise too.

So, KKS in january before the said gen was anounced in may ? :confused:
    Joined in january or June ? :confused:
    Also, be carefull of staying neutral.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thanks for bringing it to my attention (I was actually the one who edited Komi's profile). @PetalidiStelle and I kind of agreed to start editing profiles a little, experimentally now with a few people to start with. It was someone else's suggestion that we do it;

Like you, I also mentioned that it's a bit redundant to mention things twice, as in have things posted in the History section and for Team History/Single or Album Participation etc., as well as the Sousenkyo Elections and Media Appearances. PetalidiStelle carefully suggested we remove the other sections in favour of an entire History section...

... but I personally don't think that's the best idea. I tried to only mention things that happened for the first time, as in the first SSK ranking, the first center, the first senbatsu, and so on. I think the History can be complementing the other sections, because usually the bullet point lists don't really give any information or context.

As for Komi's case specifically about her date joining; as weird as it sounds, the dates are actually correct (even tho I agree with you that the dates could be more specific and might be confusing). The audition process finished in January and Komi was accepted as KKS, but the 15th Gen wasn't announced until May. And then they officially debuted in June (KKS Stage 7 'Pajama Drive'). The problem is the wording in the Team History section, because it usually always says "joined" even though that's the debut date.

If you want to, we can add the dates all to June, however, the way it is right now in Komi's history section is the most accurate. She passed the auditions (=joined AKB) in January, the generation was officially announced in May, and in June they had their theater debut.

3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Makes more sense worded that way.

4. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I started updating graduates' pages... Honestly, because I love searching about graduates lol. I ended up adding more stuff to their Media Appearances, as much relevant stuff as I could find in their agency profiles, and keeping mentions in History to a minimum.
    I'm also updating some current members pages but not their History section.
    I don't know what to think about the Team History section, because I find it useful and confusing at the same time, in the mentioned cases (choosing which dates to input, wrong wording).

5. princessairbender

princessairbender Kenkyuusei Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (8)
    I've updated all of the NGT48 pages with the new profile pictures and have updated the profiles for the NGT and SKE D3 members! :)
    I'll continue working on it tomorrow since there are still profiles that needs updating with new pictures and the new profile format.
    (With new profile "format" I meant the new look of the section containing the names in kana, kanji, romaji and nicknames. Since the new look haven't been given to all active profiles yet.)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  6. takajuro

takajuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    Twitter:
    takajuro
    I need help with the new profiles photos of the SNH48 Group :(

7. plinkohenry

plinkohenry Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jujingyi
    What kind of help do u need with the photos, takajuro? Is it like getting the photos or uploading the photos something like that?
    If it's getting the photos, I could help since I downloaded it all and had uploaded it on to my own SNH48G wiki.
    If it's uploading the photos, I would need an account first lol.

8. princessairbender

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (8)
    About the history sections we're trying on some of the members pages, I think it's a nice idea and that it could be very useful or fun to have. But with how it looks right now it makes it a lot harder to read a member's profile? There is a lot of information and it makes it a bit more difficult to navigate when you're looking at a profile.
    Would it be possible to maybe "hide" the history section? I recently noticed that the Team pages had sort of "hidden" the lists of transferred/graduated members and I was thinking maybe we could do something similair with the members history pages? So that the profiles will be easier to read but you can still have the option to read even more about the members you like!
    What do you guys think about that? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    I have a weird idea. Maybe (just maybe...), someone here has a Wiki48 account can share the account with me, since I have waited so long to have an account and there are many stuffs that I want to edit...

10. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    @plinkohenry @mutomu Guys, if you want an account, try the Stage48 IRC chat (as I already said). You'll possibly find natsu-kun there.

@princessairbender I'm always uncertain about that because the usual Wikipedia page is, by default, long. There is a table of contents because the page is long and if you want to read something in specific, you could start by there. In my opinion, the History section is too important to be hidden like that because there's much more to a person's career than a appearance/ranking database and gallery.

11. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Is there a way to contact someone without having them need to be online already, in order to get a wiki account? Since IRC isn't really helpful if you're not online at the same time. I feel like there should be a more reliable system instead of just waiting for 1 specific person to be online in IRC.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    You can try to PM one of the admins mentioned in the "Create an Account/"Help" pages of the Wiki, but they're rarely in the forum these days.
    There was a reliable system but those admins aren't active in the forum anymore and supposedly no one can add more admins, afaik.
    This is the situation now.

13. takajuro

takajuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    Twitter:
    takajuro
    I need help with uploading the photos, and editing all the member’s pages with the new files

14. princessairbender

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (8)
    @PetalidiStelle I see your point! I agree that the history/career of a member is important. What I meant when I gave "hiding it" as an example, was something close to how wikipedia section looks like when you view them in a mobile view? Something like this:
    20180404_115227.png
    Also to make it both easier to read and easier to edit (since we will have to updated a lot of profiles with this big change) maybe we should start by keeping the history simpler and more factual? Instead of writing (this is just an example) "chosen for her first senbatsu, which was Shimazaki Haruka's graduation single High Tension." we could just keep it something like "chosen as a senbatsu member for first time, for the 46th AKB48 single High Tension." This is just an idea to make it somewhat easier! And also maybe stick to really important things to begin with, since I doubt we are that many editors with enough knowledge of all 48G members to make elaborate history profiles for all of them.

And I'm also I'm wondering why the placement of the trivia section is now so far down, wouldn't it make more sense to have it closer to the history section?

15. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    We used profiles like the wikia and the H!P profiles as a base for the new layout, and they have the trivia at the bottom. Wiki48 has always had the Trivia for singles and albums at the bottom too. I think it's more consistent with, basically, the whole internet out there in terms of wiki pages. Trivia is usually always at the bottom

16. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Someone edit Miichan page please, she was made captain of Team 4 during AKB48 5 Big Dome Concert Tour, not Tokyo Dome Team Shuffle. Also, Iino Miyabi is only the tallest member in AKB48's 15th Gen, not the oldest one, Tsuchiyasu Mizuki is the oldest member in 15th Gen.

17. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Miyabi was the oldest AFTER Mizuki graduated. Right now, Yumoto Ami should be the oldest.

18. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    @princessairbender Thank you for your suggestions!
    I understood what you meant with hiding it, but I still insist on my opinion. Wikipedia's like that on mobile view, not browser view. That's why you have the table of contents on browser view and not on mobile view. A webpage should present itself as a more detailed version. That's my opinion. But if other people agree with you, I'd be glad to go ahead with your suggestion.
    As for making it simpler, I do agree. Remember that this is a fresh project and only a few editors have started with it, so we don't really have a standard. Feel free to simplify whatever you think would benefit with it.

19. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Hi, I'm not sure who is editing the AKB48 profiles with the new profile photos, but three main profiles seem to have been missed: Kawamoto Saya, Shimoguchi Hinana and Niskikawa Rei. They all still have 2017 profile pics, and every other AKB member has their new ones. Just in case anyone can fix it!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

20. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Please update the new profile photos of HKT48, BEJ48, SHY48 & CKG48...

• Like Like x 1