1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

LOOΠΔ (LOONA)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Spoony Rice, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    MV Teaser
    Heart Attack Teaser out! Fresh off the press:

if the video does not show watch the video here
    -I like how the song sounds in the teaser and I like how it looks, Chuu might be my favorite member in the new unit(sorry Yves)

So the teaser started off with a chilly christmas vibe with some sinister feeling to it(the creepy laughing) and then it jumps into a more upbeat type sound. Chuu is also observing/copying(wearing the same plaid outfit) Yves, like how in previous SNS posts they talk about how she wants an apple, so maybe she's trying to copy Yves who looks as though she's found happiness/peace(new). She also tries to replicate biting the apple, or maybe she's in love as in a cut Yves does a finger heart and then it cuts to Chuu who's holding her chest. Also lots of apples again lol. I wonder where the sweets come in the picture...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    MV OUT!!
    -Chuu's Heart Attack along with a duet with Yves Girl's Talk

LOOΠΔ’s each member with her own distinctive character encounters each other to build up the universe. The first member HeeJin started off by meeting HyunJin, which then led to introduction of HaSeul to make three. While the youngest member, YeoJin, and ViVi from Hong Kong join, LOOΠΔ 1/3 was complete. [Love&Live], an album full with emotions of first crush, gets reversed to create [Love&Evil], an album with pain of first break-up to wrap up the first chapter of LOOΠΔ 1/3’s career. LOOΠΔ creates another circle with LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE with girls who prefer to take charge in a relationship, KimLip, JinSoul, and Choerry. They mix and match through [Mix&Match] to the maximum level of [Max&Match], while LOOΠΔ developed the depth of their music, visuals, and storytelling to the next level. We all wonder who the last member is going to be. The start of the new unit took off with Yves, and now the tenth member of LOOΠΔ, Chuu, reveals herself to bring a new wind into the universe of LOOΠΔ. The new single lets the fans take a peek into what JiWoo, who has already been a popular trainee among fans, had to go through to become ‘Chuu’, and her desire to be loved by Yves, who also has said in her lyrics, “my heart that wants to be like you gets colored, filled with you.” The titled track “Heart Attack” does not interpret the feelings of being in love in a serious way, but with Chuu’s own adorable emoticon-like ways. The music video has references to historical and fictional figures such as the artist Rene Magritte, Hans Christian Andersen’s short story “The Little Match Girl”, and John Appleby’s novel “Aphrodite Means Death”. The supporting track “Girl’s Talk” is a duet by Chuu and Yves, a rendition of a daily dialogue between two girls. Sweet but sometimes secretive, the precious chats between the girls get reinterpreted to become a song. G-High of Monotree, who has produced HeeJin’s “ViViD” and LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE’s “Uncover”, crafts the track to perfection to prove the quality When four girls who denied the garden of Eden gathers, the party begins.

3. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    LOONA updates!
    New Girl
    New member Gowon!!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdpwk_phIvU/?taken-by=loonatheworld
    Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 10.31.23 AM.png
    2018. 01. 15
    사과밭의 파수꾼
    The Catcher in the Apple Farm
    ⠀⠀⠀
    #LOONA#이달의소녀

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd7yJHeBsx_/?taken-by=loonatheworld
    Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 10.31.58 AM.png
    너희의 신이 정원 한가운데다
    사과나무를 하나 심고는 이렇게 말하지.
    하고 싶은대로 뭐든지 마음대로 해라.
    얘들아, 하지만 그 사과는 먹으면 안돼.
    자, 기대하시라
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Your God person puts an apple tree
    in the middle of a garden and says,
    do what you like, guys,
    oh, but don't eat the apple.
    Surprise surprise
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    #이달의소녀#LOONA#고원#GoWon
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    LOOΠΔ
    www.loonatheworld.com

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd-W9OSBJGB/?taken-by=loonatheworld
    Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 10.32.50 AM.png
    나도 내가 좋아
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    I like myself, too
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    #이달의소녀#LOONA#고원#GoWon
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    LOOΠΔ
    www.loonatheworld.com

MV Teaser

MV

Each member releasing her own singles with distinct character to create their own universe, LOOΠΔ started with the introduction of HeeJin in October, 2016. With the debut of each additional member, and with formation of units under the name of LOOΠΔ, they grew along with their fandom all around the globe. ‘LOOΠΔ 1/3’, composed of HeeJin, HyunJin, HaSeul and ViVi, put together stories of innocence and excitement in the first crush of the girls in their music. Kim Lip, JinSoul, and Choerry formed ‘LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE’ and take charge in their love. Each unit pursuing their music as independent groups, ‘LOOΠΔ’ realized their idea of becoming one big group with many colors, and now, the eleventh member Go Won appears where Yves and Chuu have met after denying the Garden of Eden. Go Won’s titled track ‘One&Only’ is about self-love. Even when it feels like the existence of oneself seems irrelevant in the world and may feel very little among others, Go Won sings, “it’s not a coincidence that I’ve met myself” and emphasizes how she met herself, ‘one and only’, is precious. The version of the ‘One&Only’ distributed online has been mixed in 3-D to stimulate stereognostic perception of the listeners when listened on either earphones or headphones. The CD version of the track will be the ‘original mix’ version as a perk for fans who purchase the CD. ‘See Saw’ the supporting track which is a duet of Chuu and Go Won, defies the typical grammar of the k-pop genre to expand the boundaries of music with the uniqueness of LOOΠΔ. Chuu’s refreshing voice along with Go Won’s adolescent voice create the dynamic balance like riding a see-saw. Yves, Chuu and Go Won will soon meet the last piece of the puzzle to create their own universe of girls who escaped the Garden of Eden.
    Dance Video

A gift to fans for streaming and getting Yves' song to 1million views
    Fandom
    • And then LOONA did this:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BeDgj3yhfDC/?taken-by=loonatheworld
    Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 10.33.56 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 10.34.17 AM.png
    #이달의소녀 X #심화학습반 모집
    자세한 사항은 이달의 소녀 팬카페에서 확인하세요
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Introducing LOOΠΔ X Study Group
    Please come and join our advanced LOOΠΔ learning program!
    All the details are on the LOOΠΔ fan cafe
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    http://cafe.daum.net/loonatheworld
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    #LOONA#StudyGroup

• Plus, Chuu's Heart Attack MV is the fastest of the MVs to reach 1million views! Other videos like Hyunjin's Around you and Vivi's Everyday I love you are veery close to 1million too(Mainly Vivi's) so fans are continuously streaming them
    • And then LOONA decided to do this:

I'll update the first post with new info now

4. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Chuu was amazing. Heart Attack was addictive and wonderful.

GoWon... One and Only was a little disappointing for me.
    The video was very interesting, but I didn't find the song so. :/

Also drag queen Kim Chi, of Ru Paul's Drag Race etc, basically daily promotes LOONA on her Twitter. On everything. It's brilliant :')

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think Soju does the same? lol
    She's also from SK and does some K-pop Parties in... Chicago, I think?

I love when my fandoms crossover. :XD:

I gotta say I didn't get the concept of LOONA at first, but now I find it interesting.
    I'm excited for their official debut as a group.

6. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Yeah she does as well. Think they're friends but can't remember!

Me too. In some cases...

I didn't understand what LOONA were doing, and I thought that releasing a member every month was dragging out waaaaay too much, but now I look forward to it and the final full group!
    My worry is that I won't like the full group as much as I do each of them as solo artists... which is weird.

7. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

I was looking for a Loona thread the otherday but couldn't find it. I have another look today and found it!
    I've only just got into them about 2 weeks ago and I love them, although I haven't seen all their MV yet, I am loving what I am hearing and seeing. Chuu was the member I saw first and she is how I got into them so she is my bias. Not to mention I love her voice, her Heart Attack video was amazing and I love the LGBT representation for the video too.
    Heejin is my second favourite and I love 2Jin :cute::)

8. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I’m glad there’s lots of new LOONA fans, especially as their last member will probably be revealed next month, 3rd subunit and whole group debut is this year too. I’ve also seen lots of support from Kim Chi which is <3 . Honestly I really like One and Only and Heart Attack a Lot but new hasn’t made the biggest impression on me(it’s still a bop though)

Also the Eden girls first LOONA TV appearances:

Yves #225

Chuu #245

GoWon #265

And Study Group:

9. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Y'all ready?

10. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    12th Member
    -Are y'all ready for OT12?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BgEQReBBJG9/?taken-by=loonatheworld
    Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.31.52 PM.png
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BgY2rrch5RO/?taken-by=loonatheworld
    Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.32.59 PM.png
    -Animal is an elephant and is an 01liner

Now let's have our party in Eden!
    *I heard that her name is from a Shakespeare work and she has many male suitors? And the other members in 3/3 have male names from different languages(Yves, french male name. Gowon, Nigerian male name(?). Chuu, Japanese(?) male name). And either she's the first or last member to leave eden but it makes more sense for her to be the very first

11. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    oh neat! a Loona thread! nice to see the group that is going to save kpop has representation here~

Yeojin is bestest member :blush:

12. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu

Ayy new girl.
    Songs is in the same ballpark as Eclipse.
    Now I need Olivia do Eclipse and Kim Lip do Egoist.

13. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    ^Her B-side with Gowon ft. Heejin rap

Since the debut of HeeJin in October 2016, LOOΠΔ has finally announced its twelfth member Olivia Hye to complete its line-up. With the largest scale and the longest period of debut promotion in the K-pop history, LOOΠΔ has been building its own universe carefully to build credibility in the quality of music and the trust in the team among fans. LOOΠΔ 1/3 has gone around the world to unite the girls, and released 'Love&Live' and 'Love&Evil' to show the process of transformation to explain the universe of LOOΠΔ for the first time. LOOΠΔ / ODD EYE CIRCLE gathered three odd girls to complete a big circle with colors as the central idea. Last four girls are remaining. Starting with Yves, Chuu and Go Won talk about their ego. The ego is seen as a girl who admires someone, or envies another. Sometimes, it starts from self-loathing or disappointment in oneself. However, they come to a realization that self-awareness is not decided upon or created by somebody else, but build by oneself by starting to love oneself. With novelty, excitement, and uniqueness. Although it may seem selfish, the process of completing one's ego with loving oneself is captured in the story. Olivia Hye's titled track 'Egoist’ starts with calm melodies to eventually encounter provocative beats to take a step towards loving oneself instead of someone else. Pop melodies mix with EDM beats to build up until a dramatic fall at the beat drop, which then is brought to salvation by JinSoul's rap. Also, the music video features Olivia Hye's dynamic movements, along with hidden cuts around the narratives of LOOΠΔ. Go Won and Olivia Hye's duet 'Rosy' captures the pretty but edgy unpredictable emotions of modern girls who are nice but chic, kind but naughty, or interested but not enough to go out with someone. After the introduction of its twelfth member Olivia Hye, LOOΠΔ will spend April as the preparation period until the new unit will be unveiled in May. There will also be an event in May with a whole new concept announced for the fans.

We've reached all 12 girls now and the circle is complete! Although LOONA TV hasn't done an official unblurred Olivia(Like for a second but okay)

So 3rd unit will debut in May and in the meantime we have >60 second LOONA TV's to feed us

Also they posted this:

OT12 LOONA! All performing their solo and unit songs and a song with all 12 of them

Teaser pic(lonely Oliviaaaaaa)
    https://twitter.com/loonatheworld/status/984989982526881792
    DatjFr4VMAEBdr0.jpg
    June 2-3
    -Fans suspecting it's like a mini concert, but if they perform what's in the teaser than that's a real concert lol

14. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I quite like LOONA (my favorite members are Haseul, ViVi, and Chuu!), but to be honest, I don't like their (international) fandom. They're quite annoying and could be worse than any boy group fandom :fp:
    I mean, look at this tweet:
    Screenshot_2018-03-29-06-53-36.png

15. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I have noticed an increase in trolls after OEC and Chuu, some psoters have even been found to be posting stuff like "flops, stan loona" under loona posts and expose themselves. I do follow some trolls but the majority of them(if any do i unfollow) don't do that and just keep within the fandom with shitposts, there's also the issue of 1/3 fans and oec fans not liking each other. I hope as time goes on they stop posting stuff like that though, it reflects badly on the rest of the fandom. Also some fan posted their skinny legend pics of Yves on a korean group chat and they made the fan apologize i think(imo i thought it was kinda funny)

16. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    who cares, stan loona

:fear::fear::fear::fear::fear::fear::fear::fear::fear::fear::fear::fear:

also don't feed the trolls

17. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I have noticed an increase in trolls after OEC and Chuu, some psoters have even been found to be posting stuff like "flops, stan loona" under loona posts and expose themselves. I do follow some trolls but the majority of them(if any do i unfollow) don't do that and just keep within the fandom with shitposts, there's also the issue of 1/3 fans and oec fans not liking each other. I hope as time goes on they stop posting stuff like that though, it reflects badly on the rest of the fandom. Also some fan posted their skinny legend pics of Yves on a korean group chat and they made the fan apologize i think(imo i thought it was kinda funny)

18. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I'm SCREAMINg

New unit, it ain't Eden it's yyxy

[Teaser] 이달의 소녀 yyxy (LOOΠΔ/yyxy) "youth youth by young" Here comes the third unit of LOOΠΔ, LOOΠΔ/yyxy! "youth youth by young" Yves, Chuu, Go Won, and Olivia Hye forms 'LOOΠΔ/yyxy', the third core unit of LOOΠΔ. ⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀
    Following the first unit LOOΠΔ 1/3, and the second unit LOOΠΔ/ODD EYE CIRCLE, the third unit LOOΠΔ/yyxy is composed of four girls who denied Eden, talking about the ego of the youth. Being in love, hurt, broken, but still stepping forward, they capture moments of youth to complete an ego. They declare neanthropic chromosome "yyxy", different to xx or xy chromosomes.

And from fans on twitter:
    https://twitter.com/choerrylipgloss/status/989574953048641536
    DbutKsqWAAAUEaZ.jpg
    [BREAKING] 16 year old prodigy biologist Son Hyejoo discovers new “neanthropic chromosome” combination, YYXY. “It is a discovery that will affect the future of how we view human biology.”

https://twitter.com/haseulogy/status/989522694864449536
    Dbt9onrVMAUNe0s.jpg
    i was gonna research neanthropic chromosome's but LOONA LITERALLY INVENTED THE TERM ITS THE ONLY RESULT ON GOOGLE

https://twitter.com/loonacunt/status/989528840157380609
    DbuDOw_V4AIzCcM.jpg DbuDOw-VwAAEn6K.jpg
    This last subunit already has my wig in a headlock... Yes ladies the loona drought is finally coming to an end and we're getting new content

https://twitter.com/loonahyun/status/989628623454920704
    tbh bbc has one of the most creative staff ever. not only do they work hard on lyrics, mvs, concepts, even the loonaverse itself, but the logos are so beautiful and so thought out. they win company of the year

https://twitter.com/LOONANGG/status/989524125789106178
    Dbt-7lyW4AATt1o.jpg
    gowon represents the “x” in LOONA/YYXY and LOONA’s creative director posted this before, notice how gowon is the odd one out from the last unit triangles:

https://twitter.com/Ioonagay/status/989542925389455361
    DbuQCakV0AEX9hK.jpg

https://twitter.com/loonahyun/status/989522104734437376
    blockextra creative back at it again going a mile out of the box

https://twitter.com/sIugma/status/989522249353838592
    Dbt9PIiWkAAXx_H.jpg Dbt9PIjW0AYHCQg.jpg
    WE SHOULD’VE KNOWN...

https://twitter.com/adoreloona/status/989529013696655362
    DbuDYoRVAAAxQr9.jpg DbuDYoFUQAEjBkT.jpg DbuDYoFV4AI30MK.jpg DbuDYoFU0AAz79T.jpg
    stole it from val but holy shit it does spell yyxy..... UH what is going on

https://twitter.com/iamcarviv/status/989526068754288640
    My XY chromosome turning into a neanthropic YYXY chromosome

https://twitter.com/choerrylipgloss/status/989536187445661696
    DbuJ6SOWkAACikn.jpg
    bbc deciding to call the 3rd unit YYxY instead of Eden

Theory Thread:
    https://twitter.com/L00AHH/status/989522962708512770

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I can't at the LOONA stans being so extra.

LIVING!!!!1

Can't wait for my wig to be sent out of the seven circles of hell.

20. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    YYXY girls are in hungary, supposedly for a photoshoot and will film their mv later on.
    https://twitter.com/jinsoulofficial/status/991797358886309889

Lots of fans greeted them at the airport, handed them gifts, flowers and letters and were very polite to them.

Also:
    BBC was seen to have commented under a Grimes instagram post:
    DcRbMqyUQAUYKCY.jpg
    +Grimes has been a fan of LOONA for a while!
    DcRmh7dUQAAtpAe.jpg

Last thing is that due to the amount of fans who wanted the Cinema&Theory event in Brazil, it's in Brazil!!
    DcR-GVWXkAAKjlK.jpg