Single Nogizaka46 20th (Synchronicity) (18/04/25)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Really love the two contrasting MV.
    Against gives a mature feeling, 1st gen is really old. :hehe:
    It show us how they grow tremendously from guru guru curtain era.

3rd gen MV is so cute even though i'm not fan of the song. The song really fits on Renka for being cute and energetic.
    Momoko is so gorgeous and Yoda is so cute and small. LOL
    Umezawa should be on an MV like against because her mature beauty is oozing so much.

2. VoirDire

VoirDire Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Agreed, this could easily have been the A-side in terms of MV quality and music quality. Favourite part has to be 3:34 onwards for me.

As for tokitoki, pretty refreshing and energetic song; the video definitely redeemed the song from the radio rip at first. Great to see the likes of tamami and renka up front

3. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Is it just me or Kawamura did not join in Against MV?

4. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Did you just read my mind? I was thinking the same when I see her in that MV.. She shouldn't be there, too mature [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Is she not already gone?

6. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    She is... I just thought maybe they recorded the dance prior to her departure

7. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    Alright! 2 new Nogi vids!

Tokitokimekimeki
    • It's really, really cute. Holy crap it's cute.
    • I'm not actually a big fan of the song. It's catchy, but it's too idol-y for my tastes. It's pleasant, but likely a song I'll skip more often than not once the single goes on Spotify.
    • Great to see my 2 faves Renka and Tamami up front.
    • The MV is clean and well composed. Everyone gets ample screentime, and the shots are clear. It's bright and cheery, and basically the quintessential 3rd gen song to showcase their freshness. And if I say otherwise, Umezawa will probably cut me with that knife.
    • Overall, s'alright.
    Against
    • Ooooooh. Now here's something really interesting.
    • To be honest, I didn't like this song much either on first listen. It was fine, but it fell more into the generic-anime-OP category for me.
    • But the MV? God it's good. I might not listen to the song much on it's own, but I could watch the MV for hours.
      • IKUIBOSHI WOOOOOOO! IKOMA CENTRE WOOOOOOO!
      • I love the constantly moving camera. It conveys a sense of urgency without being frantic. Like it's a race against time to do what you need to do.
      • The visuals are electric and the outfits are neat. It's got a 80's-neon vibe, but it still feels modern.
      • Once again, the girls are stunning. They look damn cool. And sexy, especially during the part where it's panning through their headshots.
      • I love the sheer energy that Ikoma is dancing with. It's not often she gets to put that jazz dance training to use. She might not be the best dancer in Nogizaka, but it's times like this that can show how powerful her dancing can be, and the impact she can make.
        • Awesome solo aside, there's one moment at ~1:58 where she looks utterly badass. With her fist stretched out and the shadows falling on her just right, she looks like a shounen hero. Because she's such a dork normally, it's easy to forget how sharp she can look when she puts her serious face on.
      • Naachan, on the other hand, is the best dancer in Nogizaka, and she shows it again despite the limited role in this one. There's just something mesmerizing in the way she moves.
      • The choreo overall is cool. Was this one also done by Seishiro-sensei? It seems like his style. I dig it.
    • I suspect the song will grow on me more, as there are things about its composition that I like.

Between Synchronicity and Against, Nogizaka is really throwing down the gauntlet to AKB and Keyakizaka. Especially Keyakizaka. There's a powerful aura about these songs that emphasize Nogi's maturity and professionalism. The 1st gens have been together for 7 years now, and it shows. They're showing that they're not gonna lose to those rebellious upstarts (much as I also love them), and they're challenging that orthodox idol image in their own ways now.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    against MV is one of most original style in any 48/46g i have seen in recent years. it is so cool and fresh and the last scene of ikoma, damn, so good. and im glad she didnt take ballad/slow/sad type of song. she didnt suit that because she is more dorky vibrant type. therefore, this mv is really good for her.

tokimeki MV is so cute and fairly distribute and rentan is suit to centre the song. plus, im pretty sure they really love 3rd gen as everyone so far at least has a chance to centre a song. hope it will translate to everyone has a chance to be in senbatsu.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Edward900

Edward900 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    3rd Gen song wins hands down for me, but then again, I am biased for 3rd Gen lol. [hehe]
    I am happy other members have more prominence compared to the Fab4 in the MV. :)
    Hopefully other members get to center 3rd Gen songs in future, which is good as it encourages competition between them and will push them to do their very best.
    Renka's really cute and as someone said earlier, could potentially be an ace in the future. The ending at the end is so cute haha.

10. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena

if the video does not show watch the video here
    maybe this will help

11. sonauta

sonauta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Ikoma-chan said on her blog that the choreograph was done by Fukuzawa Yuu. He's co-star with Ikoma-chan once in stage play, so glad that they can work together again in nogizaka's work.:)

12. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I guess i'm in the minority.

Against
    -Don't care for the song
    -While the PV is well produced and Ikoma looks great, I don't like that it moves constantly.

TokiToki
    -Don't care for the song or PV. It's great they're pushing other 3rd gen girls though
    -What is this an HKT's B side? Give me something like Sanbame no Kaze again!

13. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    it's now 3.6M views for Synchronicity, it'll be cool if it reaches 4.6M by 4/25 :p

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  14. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

tokitoki mekimeki is super cute, what is this.. damn i guess its the cutest song nogi ever had... CMIIW

Against
    ......... one thing that i hate so much, is this kind video making my head dizzy, -_-

15. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Against has over 808k views in 24 hours so I'm gonna go with that number for first day sales. Yeah I'm feeling way optimistic.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  16. Apple

Apple Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    well i think synchronicity will get 5 million viewers when the sale has started.

17. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    IkuMai promoting Synchronicity (Nogisatsu :D)

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    The cutest song is 13nichi no kinyoubi from "Kimi no na wa Kibou" =)

19. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

At least someone is doing something to help promote the single :p

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. shreddr

shreddr Kenkyuusei

They need to release the 60fps version of Against MV, watching it makes me a bit dizzy esp. when the camera is doing fast panning on some part of the video. One workaround I did is watching it on my TV and turning on the tru-motion feature, helps smoothing the choppiness.