MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

That's great having Japanese media. Helps relations between two countries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Actually no, I just got it from our group chat.

I need help. I'm curious about that girl who said that her family got into debt because of MNL48, I keep on looking for that VTR and I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

4. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Saw their live video performance at the press con and Sela really stands out. It almost look like she's the centre and not Sheki LOL. Her face and movement are perfectly kawaii.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sairoden

Sairoden Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazakimiho
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  6. nuclearsoda

nuclearsoda Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    That's cause Sela has something we call idol aura which unfortunately our current center is lacking. You be the center but if you lack aura people will gravitate else where

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. KasperBK

KasperBK Kenkyuusei

8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I've just watched BNK's River. Darn, I hope MNL can have something like that. Maybe someday we can have the River PV filmed at the La Mesa dam with the girls doing paintball, rock climinbing, etc. Or maybe a paintball war vs "haters" (similar to the kibouteki refrain runners).

Anyway, I think staff should be more mindful with how they position the girl for photos. In one of the photos, Sela and Abby were seated in the center with Sheki on the side. I don't really buy this "center aura", most of the time, it's just a matter of screentime given to a member. Though I'll agree that not anyone can be center, but on the other hand, it's not that rare a quality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sairoden

Sairoden Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazakimiho
  10. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Zen's been targeted with bashers and haters for entering Kami 7,as a fellow kababayan, i feel sorry for her, she may not be my fave member and she may not be popular their in Luzon or Manila but she and her supporters did their best w/c some may lack even how popular other's can. As i mention on previous pages and her statement earlier in FB live, they campaign through places where there are huge crowd( such as fiesta's), given also her demographic location w/c is a tourist spot they could gather group of tourist and travellers to vote for her easily, This supporters focus on INPUTS rather than handing flyers, tarps,etc. She is a good dancer but i dont know about her singing because she have a thick visayan accent, but she will eventually get used to it, she needs more exposure, and we may have forgotten what AKI-P said that 48g is a learning platform- im looking forward for her improvement but im pissed of with this ELITIST PURIST and WOTAS who are hating her- they may have forgotten that a true WOTA understands that this idols are their to grow and improve.we are their to witness their growth, just because their fave members isnt on the toplist,its not an excuse for hating her.

Im also pissed off bringing the tagalog-bisaya racist war- she may not be good at speaking tagalog and she may have panic and stutter a lot but based on how members react and try to help her by letter her speak in her native language instead, clearly state that all of this girls are helping each other, we should be their as a support not bashing her for her weaknesses. Just as we try to save them from toxic normies.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 10
  11. Sairoden

Sairoden Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazakimiho
    Yeah I just watched it too early. I'm amazed with its quality though 4k

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Honestly, right now, it is too early to blame ABS-CBN or AKS about how they are handling the promotion of MNL48. Those who are ranting without really thinking well should remember that even though there are Jpop fans here in the Philippines, it is still mostly on Kpop. Filipinos are crazy right now about Kpop and they think that Kpop groups are gods and goddesses when it comes to faces and talents. And that is the concept of idol the Filipinos are familiar with. Kpop might be really influenced by Jpop (as many said it is Japan who started the idol concept), but there are a lot of differences. With MNL48 right now, they are like AKB48 when they were just starting (though MNL got better back up). AKB48 were hated back then and they even got only a handful of audience for their first perf.
    I will say it again, the management is doing this kind of promotions because this is the Philippines. Even with all the group’s haters and bashers right now (you cant avoid it here if you introduce something new and can be compared to what Filipinos think is the best) it is actually effective as they are being recognized. AKS just have to use their power and connections so that the members and the group would be known worldwide, because it will be a huge help to make the group be appreciated by the people here since Filipinos love those who gets international recognitions.

So lets not mind anymore those bashers. Lets just help the group by showing our love and support towards them. :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Lara will do the stomping, clapping while beatboxing for River!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Regionalism sucks and often rears its ugly head.

Kind of reminds me when Osakans were seen as a butt of jokes because of some myth involving their regional accent. But that didn't stop Team 8 from becoming a success story of its own.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Heh, losing media accreditation hit me harder than I first thought, now that I'm home and got to think about it.

I guess there's nothing left for me to do but cover MNL48 the hard way.

The good thing I can see from all this is that I no longer need to hold back on my criticism of whatever it is that I think is wrong.

It was fun while it lasted. The media thing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    We can see her struggle but trying to do her very best- i admire her for that, she just needs time and exposure- PEOPLE are just too harsh on her just bec. she poops out of nowhere, i wonder if she was introduced earlier and more screentime she wouldnt rcvd those harsh comments, it does not do justice on her- She and any other provincial members already sacrifice being away with their relatives and esp her going to japan w/c is farther than Manila- that would be really scary, she's the one that we have to support most together with TIN ( since the rest of them are just living in Manila). I hope they stop and respect her

Im looking forward for her improvement/changes/transformation but right now she have to prove her worth to those bashers,she have to work harder and kick their asses when she return. [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

We just never know what happened behind the scenes.

18. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

I honestly don't think I care anymore. At least, I don't think I should. Going to last Saturday's event with you guys was fun. I think I will settle for that moving forward.

19. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    That's okay- you can cover MNL48 in a fan point of view this time with all honesty and criticism without media privilege- it might be hard since you have limited resources but im still optimistic you can deliver a good article for us. Everything is inevitable.

• Like Like x 1
  20. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

don't fret not having media privelege.

it doesn't make you less of a 48G fan.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.