1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

glad you brought this up. mako fans mentioned her neoguri costume for her introduction video and did her pick me pose

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, even the ithebigc got Sakura to make the pose with the hands for a picture.

It really is stupid to not let the girls talk about the show, but I guess they don't want them to spill any of the T?
    Like, they could complain about being in F or B or whatever, hence spoiling the show.

Still, having Cocona and Azusa with those random pictures is a spoiler itself lol

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
  4. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

Quite a few 48G members are still missing from the site. They will be in the next batch I guess, or in one of them eventually. Not all profiles are being released at once.

5. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

• Like Like x 2
  6. onego123

onego123 Member

My God they look a lot better with Korean style makeup. I've never liked the Japanese style because it's so plain, but I don't like American style either because it's so heavy.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    The best dance cover :awesome:

if the video does not show watch the video here
    the choreo is so complex like Nayana, no wonder most of 48G got mental breakdown during 1st recording :yikes:

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  8. Azralix

Azralix Kenkyuusei

What exactly do you find to be the difference? I feel like the pd48 style is pretty natural too.

9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    They will add more profiles in the next days.
    Starting tomorrow 12 am KST. (If I'm not wrong)

10. pierrot

pierrot Kenkyuusei

Somehow I kinda feel 50-50 w the debut performance. I mean, it's too perfect to the point where I cannot feel 48g's unique charm although Sakura is the center?

How do I explain this properly. I mean, I am used to AKB's girl next door image and the rawness that they give out when they perform.

While with Kpop, you could have perfection and knife cut like choreos. The group are so professional in what they do to the point it becomes somewhat mechanical (?).

Both are good on it's own but if you slab that mechanical like perfection on a raw group like AKB, it feels like something is off.
    Two good things mixed together doesn't make one good all together.

But that is just me though. Can't wait for the first episode to air and I hope the girls would be able to finish the show properly without getting injured physically or mentally

11. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

I would actually agree with that, now that I think of it, Jurina, Sakura and Miru are high aiming people and it probably would make sense for them to aim for those high seats. And since they have already ranked high in the senbatsu, it wouldn't exactly be overconfident for them to think like that too. They will probably feel that they have something to prove and theres where the story for them 3 will begin. The Korean trainees will probably have the Underdog since they would be competing with Jpop heavy weights.

If any AKB member is going to take that #1 spot (and im not sayings its likely),then I would probably put my money on Sakura. She does seem like the over competitive type at times (in a good way) [hehe]

=============== Edit

That is true, both have their different styles but in the end, I think this is just going to be a 100% Kpop debut, without any AKB cultural influence (other than the members themselves). Which means that members will probably have to adapt to that completely. But on the bright side, Kpop does have a larger following internationally and so it could be much more beneficial. But for members like Sakura, Miru and Jurina. They are pretty much already at the top so the benefit might not be that much in reality.

But for members such as Oda, Moe, Erii and others. What do they have to lose? They haven't got that much going on at AKB and so something like this is a huge oppurtunity.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  12. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Only wotas value the “raw feeling” of a less than perfect, or downright incompetent, performance, but the rest of the world likes clean-cut movements and impeccable choreos. For the years of “training” (which is really for them years of professional career) the 48G girls are expected to be top of the game, especially since their professional careers have gone longer than most of the Korean girls’. It is to be expected that they give no less than the best of their effort to show for it, and we know they have that talent, because we’ve seen it. If the girls give less than competent performances they will be severely criticized as Japanese representatives. With the group’s reputation as it is, I don’t think it’s a good idea to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    I just watched the PR videos of the girls that I'm interested in... Watching Uuka's & Myao's give me second-hand embarrassment when they show their 'superior' dance skill. Uuka dancing Must be now, and Myao dancing End roll. I know they can dance well, especially Uuka, but those two songs are wrong decision imo, because it didn't show their skills at all. Only a few 48 songs have intricate & good choreography, and even if they have, it needs to be performed in a team to show the intricacy of the dance. Watching the solo version of the dance makes me realize how different it is when it's performed in a team. It looks reaaaally easy & simple. Freestyle dance would be a better choice.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    The choreo looks far more complicated than I thought.I guess it must have been though to learn it in a short amount of time

15. kirri

kirri Kenkyuusei

Sakura is the center and even her profile has yet to be added. It's coming out in batches, so just wait patiently.

16. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

How I think Mnet Might make the final group.

6 Korean Contestants/6 Japanese contestants. 12 member team.

6 Korean Contestants/6 Japanese contestants are the A team/Primary team. 14 other girls can be the B team/Secondary team. They both promote in opposite countries and switch back and forth. Maybe once a year they can have a Senbastu to see if any of the girls from B team can move up to A team or something?

17. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Haven't been following much of this thread recently and not planning to back track so just...

One quick question.

In the twitter profile introduction, they detail their trainee period...so does this mean they have been secretly going to extra Korean language classes / dancing practices to prepare for this project?

If so does this mean this project has been planned 10 years+ ago?? Because Myao is stated to have been a trainee for 10 years and 8 months lololol

https://twitter.com/allpd101/status/995140993874710529

18. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    It's just the time from when they entered 48G.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yeah, I noticed too. But they call this time period as "training period". It's just weird. Are they trying to imply that the time in AKB was just a preparation for this show? Or it's just their way of framing things in the produce101 way as in "been in the industry for xx years"? In 48G term training period means "KKS period" as we all know what that means.

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Mayo senpai got 10 years plus idols experiences and I don't think they should put that as her trainee time unless you are Jihyo(Twice)

• Like Like x 2