1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Context is important though.
    She must know that 500 votes are a lot for the average person (7000 USD if you buy the singles in CDJapan, for example), so... my guess is that she was joking.

I always cringe at this period anyway, because all the girls are like "I'm gonna do my best!" when in reality they're just chilling at home waiting for their fans to take out their wallets and go broke for them.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 5
  2. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Agree, but...yeah. They are also under pressure of doing good or left behind anyway especially those SKEs.
    I didn't follow SKE that much anymore after Ebi series finished, but you rarely see those SSK senbatsu regular in other AKB song anyway. I hope they are doing great in SKE's single.

3. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    nice joke. next girls waiting room :awesome:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I mean, we know China48 is a whole different story, but there's Faka in SNH48 who's generally known for being very controversial. She told her fans that those who voted for her Oshibe to Meshibe duet with Huang TingTing in Request Hour something along the lines of "you're dead to me" (because she seems to really hate HTT) and that those fans who don't put money into her (aka vote for her in SSK) aren't her fans and she doesn't care about them. It seems to work for her because she's been #6, #3, #2 and #2 in SNH's SSK so far.

Their management seems to find this really interesting. Apparently they've said they don't encourage problematic behaviour, but they also said they consider Faka someone to move the group forward (whereas other SNH girls have told her she doesn't "fucking deserve to be an idol"). HTT was also made vice-captain of Team NII and after some more controversies, she stepped back and Faka claimed it was her doing. However, Faka is still a member of HII, has had no cut backs, is a regular senbatsu member, ...

Her Oshibe to Meshibe with HTT won Request Hour in 2015, and then they got to make a music video and recorded yet another duet (Temodemo no Namida) which got third place in RH2016....

Maybe it will work out for Sally too? I dunno.

While I think that's true in most cases, I've noticed at least Komiharu and Noepii trying to make an effort (and I forgot whose video was posted a few days ago but there was also one on this thread about one girl that showed how to vote?).

Komiharu has started posting on SNS as well how to vote to encourage fans as well as taking the time to have a new header on twitter for every day leading up to SSK, and Noepii made a (super cute) video about how to vote as well (she got really excited about having a Yuiyui photo card). I don't think there is much more than they can do, besides vote for themselves which we know they do. Miichan also posted a photo of herself and Nishino Miki, where both of them voted for Miichan. Encouraging fans to vote and showing they care about SSK is the most they can do I suppose.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    In the past there wasn't a whole lot they could do on their own, besides smile a lot in stages, and be really friendly at handshake events. Showroom is a new opportunity than many girls are using to fire up their fans, but there's so many girls streaming at once oftimes that I'm not sure how effective it is. There's also twitter and other SNS, e.g. Megu trying to do her daily Megu Movies again.

Also a lot of girls are voting themselves, although I'm not really sure how I feel about that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    The famous Youtuber Yoshida Akari.

Mmmm, I think what Trinu said was about pressuring your fans directly to vote. Maybe something like Faka did :^^;:
    Showing how to vote works for everyone tho, it's their right to subtly suggest to pick her in her own video.
    I think something also happen to Nozawa's twitter when she said she would be number one if all of her twitter followers vote for her just once per person. And then suddenly many people unfollow her [hehe] And she has to make a "I was joking" tweet after that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

We need @Deyan here to spill all that SNH tea.

SKE takes the SSK into consideration a lot.
    Shibata Aya only appeared in SKE's senbatsu when she ranked 17th in 2013.
    Dasu is now a frontline member with Jurina and whoever is the center.
    Sally has also been pushed forward thanks to her rankings.

As for what the girls can do by themselves... there is a lot. I just wonder how much management lets them do.
    They can't interact with fans in SNS, but they can still tweet 209 times an hour if they want/can.
    They can take upload stories to IG following a theme or whatever.
    Not to say Showroom until they fall asleep.

They is a big gap between them saying "I'm gonna do my best" and actually doing something.
    And those at the top are usually the ones doing the least (or at least, not much more than what they usually do).

8. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I personally think it's good. I doubt they're voting often enough to seriously make an impact on the election but it's another type of effort they put into the election themselves. They still pay for it and take some work off the fans, even if it's just a small amount

• Like Like x 2
  9. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Ah wota really seem to hate pressuring...
    Well Komiharu and Mio know best.

But well on the other hand there is Nagisa who laughs at every result they throw at her so it seems like she doesnt care about her rank that much.

There seems to be this middle ground where you both encourage your fans to vote for you and dont pressure them too much at the same time.

10. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I actually wonder if that's why they implemented that reward-thing if the girl reaches the rank she desires. That way the fans know they're getting something out of their hard work lol.

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Dasu staying until she's 30 is something someone wants?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  12. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    o/

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Personally i want everyone in all groups to graduate at this point, even the elections aren't much fun for me these days.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Excuse yourself, but I would be glad to see members stay until their 40s doing Kuchiburu ni be my baby. We already got a balding idol (Kaotan before her surgeries), so let us have our oldies lol.

I just remembered we actually did have an idol that was a mom and in her 40s right? That mommy-48 woman? I miss her lol.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    If Dasu stays tills 30, how about they get her to lead a revival of SDN48?

• Like Like x 5
  17. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    [​IMG]

Edit: i have no idea if we're allowed to post stuff like this, but fight me, mods. SDN48 fo life!~

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Mariri was surprisingly cute! I was shocked at first when she started appearing on AKBingo and behaved just like the other girls and they actually encouraged her too. It was fun~ Btw she was 37 at the time of AKB and is now 41 and apparently active as a model. There's two other 48G members that are now in their 40s and they were SDN members (Nakazato Ayami and Nishikunihara Reiko). Ayamin is actually 4 days older than Mariri [hehe]

I would have loved to see Mariri participate in SSK as well, I'm curious how that would have turned out for her.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Their 2018 RH duet was "Renyu" and not OshiMeshi. As for the performance, they avoided looking at each other, iirc. Fans (and antis) took it a bit too far with the shipping and that caused trouble for Faka AND her family (according to what she said).

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

What the hell does her family have to do with who she performs with?