TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

A lot of flash was blown is my new catchphrase.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    it would be embarrasing if Produce48 turns out to not have any 48G girl make the final group, what was the point of having girls miss HS, stages, other events?

and looking at the first ep. preview, it seems mnet is already setting the storyline that "untalented" 48G girls can't keep up with the more talented Korean trainees. I'm trying to remain positive but I don't like where this is heading.

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    But the storyline might be the underdog comes from behind to beat the unbeatable. Who doesn't like David and Goliath?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    Goliath, I suppose

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

mnet wouldnt have started this project if they werent gnna be fair to the 48G girls. Akip wouldnt have agreed to this project if he thought the 48G girls were gonna get exposed in a negative light. i’m not worried.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I was thinking this.

People love to see a struggle.
    If a girl starts being crap and works hard and gets to decent, she has a better chance at it, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Why have one Sohye when you can have 40? and if it didn’t work in Idol School, surely having 40 with existing fanbases would fare much better

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    I agree with the last things above, Mnet wouldn't backstab AKS like that it's clear that they have a plan.
    Since the beginning koreans have been complaining that the Japanese girls had been shoved into their throat by force, well now Mnet is presenting them as the "poor girls who were tricked by the evil Mnet and their own incompetant management team"
    Add to this the fact that they are pretty, hardworking, funny, and overworked because they have to switch between Japan & Korea all the time and you get a Premium Quality Underdog.
    The more pitiful someone is and the most people will want to root for them, & that's why some kpop fans only stan underrated groups but drop them once they get famous.

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. kero__kero

all it takes is for the japanese trainees to appreciate korean culture and they will gain korean fans

i am worried about the voting system tho

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    The main reason for the voting restricting it to purely Korean access is once again to prevent bots and mass voting. There's really no way around it because a phone number in Korea is basically tied to your identity. The laws regarding identification in Korea are really strict. Mnet has no way against this.

Regarding the 6-6 voting method people were talking about, that would restrict voting choices and you think Koreans wouldn't get mad about this? What if they have 9 Korean favorites and 3 Japanese favorites or vice versa? They have to forego voting for 3 Korean favorites since they're forced to vote for the Japanese favorites. I'd be pretty pissed if my top favs don't make it into the group because of that. Imagine being told that you HAVE to vote for blah and blah in each group or whatever in SSK??? Wouldn't sit well with the wotas nor the girls who want to be first, right? Maybe for the unranked girls but definitely not for the ambitious top girls.

Also, in the end you'll probably have to vote for only one member in the finale so this wouldn't matter in the end. That voting would just be to help survive throughout the rest of the series. We know Mnet isn't going to do a mass exodus of 48G members (I doubt aki-p would allow it either). Then this would become P101 and not P48 and their chances of making all that yen are gone.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tris-chan

Tris-chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Korean trainees will almost always win in terms of skill. 48 girls will almost always win in terms of having actual on-camera experience, creating and playing to a fanbase, and knowing how to create opportunities to promote themselves.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    This contrast is one of the reasons i think this season will be more interesting than the past seasons. I’m really interested in when & how the 48g’s “fanservice” skills will be fully applied

• Like Like x 2
  13. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

It makes complete sense, but nonetheless would be considered an unfair deal.

• Like Like x 3
  14. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Can we all just take a moment to appreciate that gloup the set went trough. it looks way cooler now, and i like how the arrange the seats (it seems “divisive” in a way but still cool regardless)

i really hope they arrange the seats like how they do it in SSK
    4 2 3 5

instead of like how they did it in previous seasons
    2 3 4 5

15. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

the preview was too short :^^;:

16. kero__kero

the show is close to 2 hours long i think. each episode

17. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Exactly. Shows how little confidence the stage community has in our idols and the power of ponkotsu appeal. Sure I get the fears of Korean nationalism blah blah. But I'm still looking forward to Sakura's first Korean single with her 11 talented Korean back dancers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

To be honest, I do expect most of the 48 girls to be showcased as crappy at everything lol
    Maybe a couple of them will be good at dancing (Ikumin), but singing? Compared to the belting and ad-libs you hear in Kpop songs? Nah.

Still, if you watch enough reality TV Rupaul's Drag Race, you get used to the I HATE YOU!!s before commercials and then it's actually LMAO I HATE YOU, YOU'RE SLAYING IT!

So, yeah.
    Let's just wait until Friday.

At what time does it start btw?

• Like Like x 8
  19. kero__kero

i think 11 pm korean standard time

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

AT 11?!?!?!? AT NIGHT?!?!??!

EDIT: Nevermind, that's like 3pm here lol

But wtf do they get good ratings?