1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

I'm excited since this year top 100 exists, people will feel encouraged to vote for unranked members a lot more, cuz now there's a chance at ranking.

2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Personally I find KnP not to just be the worst SSK song but the worst AKB A-side in general (even worse than KBmB). The overall single is pretty bad for me as well; I think the only song on it I can claim to enjoy aside from the Team 8 anthem is Sailor Zombie, which is a truly fun, silly song. The B-sides on SSK singles tend to be especially bad as a rule, starting from KnP:
    1. KnP: Dareka ga nageta ball (nice lyrics but forgettable tune), Sailor Zombie (amazing), Hitonatsu no hankouki (catchy at least), Seikaku ga warui onna no ko (forgettable), Chewing Gum no aji (great lyrics but forgettable tune), Oshiete Mommy (this never should have existed), 47 no suteki na machi e (amazing obv)
    2. Halloween Night: Sayonara Surfboard (Summer Side from the single right before it was much better, but still not that great), Mizu no naka no dendouritsu (excellent song/video), Kimi ni wedding dress wo (forgettable), Kimi dake ga akimeite ita (forgettable), Ippome ondo (nice, but unpopular/offbeat), Yankee machine gun (fine I guess), Gunzou (amazing)
    3. LOVE TRIP: Shiawase wakenasai (bland), Hikari to kage no hibi (fine while listening, but can't remember how it goes afterward), Densetsu no sakana (overhyped), Shinka shite nee jan (annoying), Kishi ga mieru umi kara (forgettable), 2016nen no invitation (lazy), Hikari no naka e (ok I guess), BLACK FLOWER (amazing)
    4. #sukinanda: Darashinai aishikata (good song, interesting lyrics), Tomadotte tameratte (forgettable), Jibuntachi no koi ni kagitte (forgettable), Tsuki no kamen (forgettable), Private Summer (forgettable), Give up wa shinai (very close to Shoot Sign by design and I like both but I don't know if we needed 2 of them), Dakitsukou ka? (amazing)

So...SSK single songs haven't been great for me these past few years... :^^;:
    I think what's worst about it is that even after fans dump a ton of money to get their girl a ranking, she often gets stuck with a trash song/video...there is no justice.

• Agree x 5
    • Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. GantaroZX

GantaroZX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Cherprang's vote counts from the voting team is out. 21,126.

• Like Like x 3
    • Old Old x 2
  4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Last year, 100th (Murashige) got 10,163.

With those numbers, they should be in Future Girls (49th - 65th) at least.

If they are lying though...

5. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Kokoro no Placard is the national anthem of the cute nation. Hating on it won't make you cute.

• Like Like x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Trying to throw an unpopular opinion because you are a troll won't get you far either.

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  7. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I still dont understand people's issue with that line. Its silly... AND? The song is supposed to be light and silly. I like every layer of the instrumental, I like the vocal arrangement, I like the lyrics.

But apparently its not the deep refined tune with complex lyrics everyone is so used to from AKB.

• Like Like x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Fionarei

Fionarei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Earlier this week after they closed the donation on June 5th, it sat still at 16000 for Cherprang. Then today they updated it to 21000, so I don’t know where they get all those extra 5k without donation. But I know there are a lot of people voting by themselves so if the end result is below 22000 then you know for sure they are lying.

• Old Old x 2
  9. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Girl, I literally have 300 plays of it on my itunes. I love it's musical style, the instruments, it's cute rhythms. It's like the closing song of a day carnival, a light cheery slightly funky ballad. And the costumes are ultra cute and I always love songs with nice costumes. Also, Mayuyu is my queen! Stop coming at me for no reason, do you need @Cristafari to remind you of how he is so sick of you doing this once again before you sit your ass down for good?

• Like Like x 15
  10. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

KnP for me is one of the best pos SSK song... (but probably my fave is GC)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 7
  11. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

NMB is doing a "the day before SSK" showroom stream in 15 mins. Sayanee will be MC.
    https://www.showroom-live.com/nmb48_official

Edit: oops, I thought it was all of NMB but it's only Sayanee, sorry (cos it said みんな集まる?)
    Nevermind, the others have arrived

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I didn't like it as much as I wanted to when it came out, but now I think it might be my favourite song from that single.

13. rmn89

rmn89 Member

Itll be cool if ssk single this time would be wreck it ralph 2 japanese theme song. Or one of the coupling at least.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. SineCos

SineCos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Lol Cher finally meet Naachan. Look super happy her fangirl dream already fullfill now next target Sayanee

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Movie doesn't come out till November 21st (December 21st in Japan). Next single could feature something like that (Even though I don't expect them to have a song for the soundtrack).

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Good for you.

Cris also knows who you are, btw. :^^;:

ANYWAY!

Hoping Mirurun and Akarin keep their senbatsu spots. If Yuuri makes it as well it would be amazing.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    The stream is telling me they are going live in 4 hours?? Wot?

18. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I think they will, given the facts that Mirurun is NMB latest center and Akarin seems popular on YouTube.
    As for Ota Yuri, I don't know much about her, so meh (sorry!)

19. rmn89

rmn89 Member

Iwakee maybe = school uniform
    Heavy rotation = very Jpop and catchy
    Flying get = a dance song?
    Gingham check = vintage feels
    Koi suru fortune cookie = disco happy song
    Kokoro no placard = bubblegum cute
    Halloween night =disco but with spooky feels
    Love trip = cool love song
    #sukinanda = happy summer song

Those a pretty diverse when it comes to the musical styles and it makes me wonder what will be the style this year???

Not a big fan of Jurina but that seems like the most possible outcome.

Glam 80s rock inspired seifuku with somewhat queen/journey feels kind of song will be a good choice for a Jurina center.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Their clock is off by 12 hours (they confused am with pm).

I am being told it starts at noon my time when it starts at midnight.