TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Agree to this. Dal Shabet anyone? :| decent songs, decent looks, decent skills, no big company backing, no luck. History will likely repeat for their kouhai Dreamcatcher.

Those Korean girl group members were practically already together for years practicing over and over again. Of course they will have better skills.
    I just wonder, if they do similar things like HS in 48G, will they survive to talk to a fan who has HS 300 tickets to talk with them for half an hour. [hehe]

2. HappySakuraHappy

HappySakuraHappy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Considering Dreamcatcher was already a redebut and are doing much better, I don’t think they’ll fade off any time soon like DS. Unless they completely miss the mark with their next concept, it’s possible that they can continue the hype their first one did. It would honestly be a shame for them to end up the same way (unknown and uncared for) though for a second time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. LOP

LOP Kenkyuusei

I know this is off topic but this is Twice J-line pre-debut video. It's just Twice concept that stopping them from showing their full potential.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I've been keeping myself mum about the dancing debate because it goes against Produce 48's current storytelling, but I disagree that the difference Kpop and Jpop dancing is cultural. I think it's purely a stylistic difference.

Kpop is deeply rooted in American hip hop dance. The bigger companies such SM, YG, and JYP often employ American hip hop choreographers to create routines for their idols. There's a lot of lower body movements, especially with hips and that's why their dancers are so good with body rolls [hehe] The synchronizing is obviously very important in Kpop, but it's really rooted in American style dancing.

Jpop dancing has less use of lower body compared to Kpop, but where I find they really shine is the use of their upper body. It essentially looks like moving portraits. Here's two truly great Jpop dance MVs:

(Queens)

"oh what? I thought Jpop didn't have knife like movements and synchronized dancing?"

Produce 48 is wrong about Japanese idol dancing. What they are really highlighting the difference is Kpop dancing versus 48g idol dancing, which has a system of letting the girls dance on their own without much professional supervision. Honestly though, I'm not even bothered by this fake storytelling because it's so entertaining lol

• Like Like x 6
  5. ToriMan

ToriMan Kenkyuusei

Sadly this is also the case to some of the 48G. The AKBingo singing and dancing segments were good that it somehow showed skills that would have never been showed. Takeuchi seems to be a surprise here much like Eito was during the AKBingo dance battles.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. blownawayy

blownawayy Kenkyuusei

I agree, TWICE girls definitely can dance well but it is really the concept and songs that they are going for nowadays that does not give them chance to showcase that side of them, which is really the case for many in the 48G too as well. their members are always changing and nearly all of them need to learn a whole lot more songs and dances for concerts so in a way I felt that they probably simplified the choreography.

7. LOP

LOP Kenkyuusei

But remember the girls can still showcase their skill with an innocent or cute concept jut like G-friend, Oh my girl etc. not all have to be that powerful badass concept

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Umm, Twice are awesome dancers, maybe not the best vocal wise but they can all definitely dance. Their top 2 best dancers are Momo and Mina which are coincidentally both Japanese. Its just that their concept limits them from showing their full potential.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

Preview of tonights episode

• Like Like x 4
  10. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Noe and Rena from NGT48 might have an advantage compared to other 48 girls, is where they have to do really dark and serious songs or where technical prowess is needed.

11. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    I hate the second style but I know the judges will love it cause they're crazy for that stuff in Korea. Makes me laugh though how when Teacher, Teacher came out I kept seeing on K-pop sites how outraged people were about the themes, then these girls will be out there hip thrusting to songs with drug references and they'll think it's amazing. Not trying to take anything away from the talented youngesters though.

Nice AKB performance and an enthusiastic Mako~

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    What I dont like is how they generalize Japanese idols just by looking at 48G.
    Because there are groups like Hello! Project which purely focus on dancing and singing. Morning Musume is pretty dang synchronized.
    But then they lack variety, which AKB is better at.

Overall, just like there are various agencies representing Kpop, I wish there were various agencies that represent J-Pop.
    But then I guess they wouldnt be able to sell the story that "J-Pop idols are focusing only on looks".

• Like Like x 2
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Morning Musume is still an idol group that had members like Konno Asami.
    Don’t even suggest she was good at anything lol

14. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I was looking forward to that Korean group as one of the girls (I'll really have to find out her name) was quite funny in those close-ups, at least I thought so

15. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Im not suggesting anything like that. They still have some pretty bad members like Ogata Haruna (who just left) and Haga Akane, but then they also have really powerful lead members and synchronized choreographies. And also the bad members get some kind of training in hopes of getting good.
    When you look at Juice=Juice half of the members couldnt sing at all and now they are one of the best vocal idol groups.
    What Im implying is, its that they actually get training and work hard on developing their talents unlike it was stated in P48 that japanese idols dont train at all and only rely on cute faces.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I agree.

But still, idols in Japan are not sought for their talent as singers and whatnot, hence why they don't get much training.

Also, I don't think H!P gets much either (I think I remember the 6th gen saying they didn't get anything after their audition), but they sing live all the time, so they are gone to improve one way or another.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    6th gen was a long time ago tho. Nowadays we get footage of their training all the time.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Except Momo is one of the best, if not the best dancer out there right now... then you got Sana and I'm just amazed she managed to not have killed herself in the last 3 year [hehe]
    Truth is, Twice very smartly hit the jackpot since the start with JYPE's choices, new business concept and taking a different road, and the fact they chose a cute-concept overall, doesn't mean they don't have the basis. "Achieving" sync doesn't requires years of training together, (or a show like PD101/48 wouldn't work) but a good mindset and working on it a lot. Something PD48 can easily provide once the girls are all there.

What makes me more frustrated with 48 organization is that Japan doesn't lack talents who could train the girls properly; the same 48/Sakamichi groups work with someone like Takahiro sensei :worthy: yet...... there's something obviously missing and it's a shame for me since I quite like a lot of memebers

Anyway... I'm ready for episode 2 :banana:

19. PucuCuang

PucuCuang Kenkyuusei

I am sorry but many of AKB48 old gen had much talent in dancing or singing. come to the worst if we had Oshima Yuko, Sashihara Rino, Yamamoto Sayaka, Watanabe Miyuki and many more there, they would make the situation different. well, some of the current member might also be decent but they are too few. hiks hiks hiks.

But Yeah AKB48G is idol Groups. Not a girl band. so not everyone have to be great in singing and dancing. an Idol is not necessarily a dancer or singer.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Sashihara Rino? Her singing isnt very pleasant on live and her dancing is just ok.
    I guess her performance point is her facial expressions and chants, but on P48 that wouldnt do much.

Sayanee on the other hand would kill this competition with her eyes closed. She is full package and Im sure she would win the fans too.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1