[GENERAL] The STU48 Thread

Discussion in 'General STU48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. ET920

ET920 Member

Two girls ranking (even if that low) isn't _that_ bad for a second year for a group of "idols you can meet" which you cannot meet still. Not having their theatre is gonna hurt them more and more as time passes. Personally Naachan isn't doing much for them either, and now that she and Yumirin will be busy with promotion and Election-related work, they will just leave the group headless.

Again baffled that Fuu didn't rank, and still wondering where did Shuu's votes go. Maybe they just didn't like the early pics of Fuu with her boyfriend and didn't even give her an opportunity. Didn't expect Kaho nor Harurun to rank at all and Kahotaru at least wasn't in kuyashii mode, more like in introspection mode. This time I didn't expect anyone other than Yumirin to rank, so still a bit surprised Chiho managed to hang there.

Maybe STU48 needs a scandal to raise some awareness :awesome:

2. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

To me, it's more or less the expected result, however I'm a little miffed that if you don't count Nana, STU objectively lost to BNK. Granted I know BNK being an overseas group has a myriad of various positives and negatives in terms of the situation, but just considering the amount of members placed, it's sort of a natural comparison to land on.

Anyway I suppose given that they haven't gotten their proper theater quite yet, having multiple members rank in is still nice in its own right. We do have whatever that announcement is to look forward to though. I still expect STU to only go up from here.

And hey even if Nana is busy, you can tell she cares, otherwise she wouldn't have made it a point to shout out about STU multiple times during her speech. Yes maybe it's obligation to an extent, but I believe she genuinely cares a lot, which is a good thing, because she is the top member of AKB proper in this election. So even if indirectly, more success for Nana means more plugs for STU. And I'm sure things will pick up once we get the theater, second single, teams, senbatsu mixup, etc. Just gotta get the ball rolling.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ET920

ET920 Member

I remember her mentioning STU only once during her main speech actually. Just before leaving, at the end, she did the STU48 promo. She knows where the money is at. I'm not saying she doesn't care, I care a lot about idols but I just don't have the time I used to have to be interested in them. Naachan might really care a lot about STU48, but she just doesn't have the time to deal with them. Look at Sasshi, she knew she just didn't have time (or didn't care about this new project for whatever reason) and quit. And let's remember Naachan got some bad experiences with being stressed and overworked.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

To be fair, I had literally just woken up for her speech (I'm still sleep deprived haha) but I just remember more than onr mention of "STU48", including the big plug at the end. Regardless of her reasoning, she didn't have to do that, but I'm glad she did. =)

5. ET920

ET920 Member

2nd Single August 29, basically they replaced both Harurun and Kahotaru with draftees. Azusa too replaced by Cocoa.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. tenjikujin

tenjikujin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Drafties are already getting senbatsu? We can't predict what the management thinks.

7. ET920

ET920 Member

We do, they chose an old senbatsu lineup for the first year, now they are trying to aim at the future. Don't know much about the draftees, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were from Hiroshima :awesome:

Kahotaru immediately did a showroom broadcast saying she will work even harder to go back to senbatsu and that fans should trust her she will do it. That's what I like from her, she won't hide or wait til a more convenient time to broadcast, instead she does it immediately while still hot headed to face fans.

8. GyaraDon

GyaraDon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kadowaki miyuna
    Twitter:
    gyara_don
    Nope
    Oki Yuka is Okayama
    Nakamura Mai is Ehime

Sent from my ASUS_Z00VD using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. hypothalamus

hypothalamus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    hypothalamus_
    Just had time to post here now.

I'm happy that 2 of our members beside Naachan got ranked in. Was really surprised that Chiho was the other one.

About the 2nd single, looking forward to it. Maybe same style like Kurayami wouldn't hurt as I liked it very much.

10. henx

henx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Hinako announce her grad?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

11. Kiryuu

Kiryuu Kenkyuusei

Yep
    sp.stu48.com/news/detail/2129

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

12. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    All her last dates are July 22.
    She wants to concentrate on her studies.

Well, there goes another one.

13. Vol

Vol Kenkyuusei

Yeah, expected graduation.
    She is the least popular STU member by all metrics
    So it is better to switch to another target while she is still young.
    The interesting thing about it is how fast and easily STU members graduate
    Can it has something to do with the fact that management company isn't AKS?
    So their contract is kind of "soft"

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  14. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    They are still all KKS.

15. Vol

Vol Kenkyuusei

Just out of curiosity
    Does anyone know average graduation rate per year for KKS of other groups
    We have ~4 in a year
    Who more? )))

16. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I wonder if she is graduating because they are gonna announce the first team soon and she's already been told she's not getting in...

17. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Didn't she express some kind of discontent with the management a while back? That may be part of the reason.

18. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
  19. ET920

ET920 Member

So maybe she was terminated because of that :whistle:

Well, it's pretty hard to be a low tier member in STU48. You don't have a theater, there aren't even teams and there are already draftees taking places in singles (and maybe even Team SIII). That's pretty harsh for them. We have a saying down here, it's easy to criticize with Monday's newspaper (aka, you should have criticized something before the effects were obvious) but I think it would have been wise for STU48's kizuna to have not participated in Draft 3. Or if they had been forced to, to chose nobody. Imagine if, instead of these two draftees been in this senbatsu they were Cuca and Maiha the ones replacing the old girls, I'd think it would have not hit as hard as having two new girls taking the place of four 1st gen girls (two leaving senbatsu and two that could have replaced them).

Edited: Oh, she actually mentioned about not wanting draftees. She should have mentioned that to Naachan (of course, she wouldn't have dared but she might have talked with other girls that could have talked with Naachan like Fuuchan or Yumirin... but of course, if your circle is limited to low tier members though...)

No permanent captain is a bigger issue, when a captain stays all the time with them they open their heart to her, they use her as confident and therefore the captain can realize when something is going wrong and act accordingly. When she seldom appears there the "senpai" feeling is never gone and these girls probably don't feel like bothering her with their own problems. When the captain's head isn't 100% there (not even talking about her physically being with them) and she learns about her own member's graduation via fans... The group hasn't even got their first team and Yui, Orie, Mami and now Hinako are out of STU48... Wonder how many more graduations Naachan needs before realizing she can't do this half-assedly...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Cio

Cio Kenkyuusei

It does feel like it's important to have the captain to be a stable presence in the group...

• Agree Agree x 2