[Subbed] Nogizaka Shows Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by jiaemi, Sep 23, 2013.

1. devildante

devildante Member

The fansubbers have spent their time to sub and make the hardsub, and there're still complainers asking for softsub?
    Dohh
    If still complain, just do your own sub then

Sent from My Loli's Room

• Like Like x 2
  2. Momokun

Momokun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozono Momoko
    Twitter:
    MomoKun08
    to every subber, thank you very much, I too tried to sub and it really takes time and effort(and translating it was still different), so to everyone just be grateful, if not then it's your own problem on being stubborn.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

3. Elmagnifico

Elmagnifico Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhanilaksani
    Can someone help me to translate MC part from ikoma rina graduation concert? I hope someone can help me... :')

• Like Like x 1
  4. DOZO

DOZO Member

Oshimen:
    Takayama Kazumi
    -「NogiKoi Cafe」English Softsubs

Episode 1 Chapter 1 [Shiraishi Mai x Ozono Momoko]:
    https://tamamicheeks.blogspot.com/2018/06/nogizaka46-nogikoi-cafeepisode-1.html
    Episode 1 Chapter 2 [Shiraishi Mai x Ozono Momoko]: https://tamamicheeks.blogspot.com/2018/06/nogizaka46-nogikoi-cafeepisode-1_25.html
    Episode 2 Chapter 1 [Wakatsuki Yumi x Umezawa Minami]: https://tamamicheeks.blogspot.com/2018/06/nogizaka46-nogikoi-cafeepisode-2.html
    Episode 2 Chapter 2 [Wakatsuki Yumi x Umezawa Minami]: https://tamamicheeks.blogspot.com/2018/06/nogizaka46-nogikoi-cafeepisode-2_26.html
    (Credits to TamamiCheeks team. Translator: Mr.Sakurai, Typeset: Tamami-chan)

-「Nogizakatte, Doko ?」English Softsubs

Nogizakatte, Doko ? ep59: https://tamamicheeks.blogspot.com/2018/06/nogizakatte-doko-ep59-eng-sub.html
    (Credits to TamamiCheeks team. Translator: Tamami-chan, Timing & Typeset: Sayuringo-Hime, Indo to Eng Translator: DOZO)

• Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank
    you
    !
    From the bottom of my heart. :worthy:
    :cry: I am crying, but not from sadness.

I wonder if there are others who are in the same situation as me.
    Stuck in a language quagmire. :cry:
    After watching many dramas for years, I can roughly tell what is being said, but never knowing the real picture. A sequence of a few familiar words, but having difficulty linking them in the right context. It's like doing a jigsaw puzzle, with the pieces seemingly able to fit together, but the picture seen is a wrong one. It's a nightmare being a quarter baked potato. Still trying to figure out if the word said in episode 7 is biyouin or byouin. :confused:
    I hope to be able to one day join the subbers community, if I can manage to learn the language before I pass on. [hehe]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. DOZO

DOZO Member

Oshimen:
    Takayama Kazumi
    You're welcome. We appreciate the kind words :)

I totally understand how you're feeling. You can tell roughly what they're saying but if someone asked you to translate each word, you'd be at a loss.
    Yes, I know that feel :chuffed:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    *Raises hand*

I can understand most of the Japanese shows/drama's, but there is still much lost. My listening comprehension is far worse than my reading. I have lots of half subbed stuff on my hard disk because of getting stuck at like 80%.

But we can only keep going and practice. Start that subbing project, even though there is a chance you won't finish it. You will learn from it.

I started translating written stuff a little more than a year ago, and it helped tremendously understanding written Japanese. I guess it will be the same for listening/subbing. We'll get there! :approve:

• Like Like x 3
  8. call me cubo

call me cubo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    小悪魔のあっしゅ
    Twitter:
    dipolacubo
    A little advice for those who willing to be a subber, start doing it from videos under 5 mins and try to understand completely. It can be anything. Do it repeatedly for many times before you start to sub 25 mins duration like nogidoko. Also, I recommend you to taking exam like Japanese Language Proficiency Test (idk what's it called in another country) to test your ability.

First time I do subbing thing, I spent 4 hours to sub 1 min and 30 secs video. Then spent 8-10 hours to sub 3-5 mins video. And the last, spent 8 hours a day for 4 days to sub weekly show like nogidoko.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
  9. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    Is JLPT N5 enough? If not, then at what level should we be first before we start subbing?
    In my case, I attained N5 level yet when I watch variety shows or listen to anything that spurts out fast, casual-talks, I can understand the gist but I fail to understand every detail of it.

10. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Although I think there isn't a set level to start subbing, N5 might not be enough. I passed N3 and I am still struggling.

I think subbing depends most on your listening skills, so you need to be familiar with spoken Japanese at a natural speed. N5 is slower iirc. but you already seem ahead of that. But there are many ways to practice and improve. I try to immerse myself a lot, for example listen to a members SR during work.

Next thing is vocabulary. You can have a perfect ear, but if you don't know the meaning of the words being said, it still will be hard. Of course there are dictionaries, but it'll take much longer. It also depends on what is being talked about of course.

That being said, why don't you start subbing now? Try, fail, learn from it, try again, repeat a few times, succeed. What better way to learn the language that to listen to our girls?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. call me cubo

call me cubo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    小悪魔のあっしゅ
    Twitter:
    dipolacubo
    As @Seditious85 has said, JLPT isn't a standard to start subbing. Try to do it many times and your sense will grow. Tbh, I'm on N2 level now and still need dictionary to subbing cause it's hard to find which vocabulary that used in daily life since I never visit or live in Japan. I got some explanations from my Japanese friends for some words that aren't listed on dictionary.

The point is try it. It's okay if you fail at the first try cause that's the point of learning. You can join a fansubs and learn from them if you can't do it alone. There's many way, the only thing left is your will to doing it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    Thank you very much for the advise @call me cubo and @Seditious85. There's still so much to learn on my end but I never stopped. Right now, I'm still learning in our Japanese Language class sponsored by the company to increase my level. I also have started with videos under 5 mins because this is the best way considering my current level but I do feel the improvement even though I haven't finished anything yet. :D

IMO it seems that Japanese language classes and JLPT is geared towards "formalities and clarity" to converse and understand documents for business purposes yet when we watch variety shows, conversations are casual and fast.

Will really do my best so that I can understand them and also to contribute to their popularity overseas. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

Anyone have the Nogibingo 4! ep 12 reuploaded? It was gone along with ikudon page...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rwill

Rwill Member

Oshimen:
    Takayama Kazumi Watanabe Rika
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

Yes, it's something like that.
    I was trying to translate the NogiKoi Café episode 7's 5 minute video, with a JLPT N0 level. Just for the fun of it. By listening to the words, and guessing the romanji, and checking with the internet. (It has a massive amount of romanji translations). So 3 keys words in a sentence, and I try to link them to see if it means something logical. And if it failed, then I would substitute it with another similar pronunciation, until it makes sense. Of course, when the actual subtitles come out, it's probably going to be something different. [hehe]
    But it proved just too daunting, and I have already given up.
    So, I was really happy to see the NogiKoi Café stories being subbed.
    Thanks again. :approve:

Yes, the written one is a lot easier, because listening requires one to have already a wide vocabulary. I tried to do the written one for Masshiro. Got to half an episode with quite decent results. But then Hatsumori Bemars arrived, and I lost interest in Masshiro. [hehe]

16. AnikiDota

AnikiDota Future Girls

Twitter:
    Tenshiren46
    • Like Like x 27
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. DOZO

DOZO Member

Oshimen:
    Takayama Kazumi

Hey, you know, that's how I do things too when they use words I don't understand ;)
    It's not that bad of a method. You can definitely get away with that and get a "close enough" translation.
    But that takes a hell of a lot more time than just knowing what is being said naturally, and takes a good amount of being able to guess things. Makes the process really tedious. so I can't blame you for giving up :chuffed:
    So no problem. At least you gave it a try, and who knows maybe it's not your last one ^^

• Like Like x 3
  18. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

Still, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, attempting it without a decent vocabulary. Need to do some sort of a 'formal' training.
    It took me quite a while to figure out that Yodachan wasn't saying 'Nani stetan desu ka?' in episode 7, because that word doesn't exist. [hehe]
    Anyway, getting really, really excited as 7 approaches. :banana:

• Like Like x 1
  19. richardesu

richardesu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
  20. SilverCoffee

SilverCoffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitanohinako
    Twitter:
    NeruestS
    Nogizakatte, Doko? ep21 softsub is going to be here in a few hours,
    we're doing the final check currently.
    sorry for the long wait, a few members of our team went on a holiday.

-NeruestSub Team

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2