TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think the boom ba yah team 1 isn't as strong as jurina's and if they didn't pick eri's team, then somebody else would have and benefited from that match-up. So it would have been a disservice to her teammates not to do it. The parts of them laughing and having a good time may be an edit and not directed towards the other team but we'll see.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. LOP

LOP Kenkyuusei

After watching ep 3 I just wanna give love whisper team 1 a hug especially Wang Ke she must have been so pressured and Eun Chae didn't have to blame herself so much :cry::cry::cry:
    And I look forward to both of vvv team and high tension team Miyu I'm ready to be slayed by them

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Hmmm the part where I feel sad about ep3 is when they are showing the part where HKT48's Matsuoka Natsumi was discussing who should be center.
    Although I usually support the HKT gals, that particuliar segment kinda rub me in the wrong way.

As they always say, When you are in Rome, Do what the Romans do ....
    AKB48 standard is to use Janken to decide, fun it is but in that place and the situation ..... it's not just using this to decide the fate of the team.
    My Japanese and korean isn't on par but based on the translation ...if it's near the truth, then I am really disappointed with her reactions.
    In a team battle, it's not about ur self ... it's finding the best suitable candidate for a specific role and form the build around it ....
    If even she herself knows she's not meeting the requirement or don't feel confident, it's time to let go and pass the baton to someone who can handle it. Having a vice captain experience should had taught her that .....she can level up herself next time but now is not the time for it......
    Be it games, studies, group activities, you get a theme, a build to build your skills around it but all I see is she denying an objective and finding excuses for her opinion.

Sorry if I offend her fans but really... this is a team battle, not one where you have time to train from scratch. It's more like get a build and improvise the situation.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

when i watch this type of show. i always have one thing in mind, these girls joined the show aiming for the center position. that's the ultimate goal. why else would they come on, so when i see a girl wanting to be center, wanting to be main vocal, etc i don't find it selfish at all. these girls are out here trying to promote themselves and make it to all the way to the end. being center means getting the most screen time, on a show like this i will never fall for evil editing because all the girls have one purpose in mind, and that's to get as much exposure as possible.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I agree, I thought I was the only one who was annoyed at that scene. This show is quite important for the Korean trainees because they have no group to fall back to and this really is their best chance at performing on stage.

It was kinda off-putting seeing all of them kinda just do their own thing.

And tbh I’m not a big fan of how the 48G were acting in Boombayah either. I get it, it was really unfortunate that they had to get stuck with that song. I didn’t really like that they were pretty much singled out by the other team but this is a competition :/

Chowon was really trying hard to stay cheerful and get prepped up for the perf but none of the 48G even bothered to try at all. I get that they’re extremely discouraged but I mean come on, this is an extremely important battle to the other girls. Even Hyewon sucked it up and offered to be the main rapper.

If you go on Korean forums, their behavior already rubbed viewers the wrong way. Most of them were upset at how discouraged the 48G were and how they didn’t seem like they even wanted to try.

• Agree Agree x 11
  6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi

I agree with you. People often talk about being greedy, which seems to have negative connotations, while alll I see are girls who trained hard in their respective countries and agencies be ambitious enough to want the chance to shine and stay on the show. There's nothing wrong in this; they have the chance to realize their dreams. There's nothing selfish in this, though MNET editing would show it like it's the most evil thing a trainee can do... wishing to be a star.

In this particular situation though, since is the first group battle, I think each members has to make the best choice for the team... and that requires a self counsciousness and perhaps real leader skills not everyone has. Which is why I liked Juri's reaction when she has been chosen as center.... though I'd have chosen YuRi...

About Jurina I'm pretty fine with the amount and quality of screentime she's geting until now. Those were the day before SSK, she was flying in Korea to be on this, then going home to performing with SKE so I'm not surprised she's kind of quiet. Jurina is also smart and I think she's aware she can appear "too strong" compared with all that cuteness around her so perhaps there's also a counscious decision to not be too Extra and leave a negative image. She's totally my girlcrush choice though.

One thing I liked is the way she "tuned" with her own group and worked for it, like a true teamplayer. I think she knows very well that chosing the weaker team as adversary would have backfired. At the same time I liked that she didn't give in the Sakura vs Jurina obvious narrative. Smart kiddo.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Nilya Derencli

Nilya Derencli Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Their performance, they did it. So at one point they started to work. This will be shown very probably in the next episode. This episode showed how helpless and hopeless they are and how the Korean trainees have taken the controls.

And then, Erii has always been that way. In an episode of AKBingo, she made a comedy duo with Hiwatashi Yui. It was Hiiwatan who got through a good deal of work alone.

-----------------------------

Personally, I abandoned K-Pop with the end of Kara. This show is "my big come back" in this universe, and I'm captivated.
    Of course, I started to watch for 48G girls but I'm starting to really appreciate a lot of Korean trainees.
    However, my favorite remains Honda Hitomi.
    It's still way too early to think about it but I really want her to be part of the final group.
    She is awesome!

And Produce 48 managed to make me succumb to the charms of Yabuki Nako and Miyawaki Sakura. I love these girls! And I want them to succeed!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. chiara_t

chiara_t Kenkyuusei

hmm they showed love whisper team 1 not wanting the song but did team 2 pick it or got leftover too?

9. Dubkau

Dubkau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Tomu picked it (by mistake). Then they chose Nako's team as opponents...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Looks like people are not patient enough to wait for the sleeping rap god to wake up. [hehe] that song have LOTS of rap line right?

Same here, not specifically Kara tho, but the groups in their era. And now I have 2 K trainees I'm rooting for to make it at least until the final.

How about supporting her in her current team now :D she is currently #9 in their SSK pecking order. More support will make her move up faster.

if the video does not show watch the video here

With her exploding popularity in P48, her sponsors will certainly happy [hehe]
    what if I told you there is at least 1 member who is objectively a better performer than her in her team.

• Like Like x 2
  11. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    I didn't mind the first Boombayah team picking Erii's team as their chance of debut is putting at risk. Who wouldn't have done the same!? If they wouldn't have picked them, another group would have. And they seemed sorry about it. But that's how it works. None of my faves are in the 1st team though, so I wouldn't mind if they get beaten by Erii's team haha

As of LOVE WHISPER; This clearly shows how unfair the group system is, especially when the girls with the lower ranks could actually benefit from the 1.000 bonus points. I've enjoyed the 1st team much more than the 2nd one. Their group dynamic was much better. Their movements, their facial expressions. Everything. Nako really saved the 2nd team's ass, as she clearly was the better singer for those high notes (in comparison with the girl from the 2st group). Individual grades would be better for these tbh

I'm interested to see who'll get eliminated. Are we going to see it at the end of episode 4, or will it just be group performances? I guess we'll only see the performances next week, and the elimination in episode 5? It's a nice cliffhanger. I haven't seen the other 2 seasons, but reading this thread it sounded as if they do these eliminations a little bit like the SSK, so it probably gets it own episode?

Also, does anyone still have the spoiler of the winner groups? Were they right so far? I'm interested to see if the 2nd Short Hair team could save their asses as they all seemed pretty much unmotivated. And I am saying this as a Renapon fan. Though looking at their rival group, there's no way they can win, I guess.

Also also, who was the young korean girl from Park Seoyoung's group who acted like a leader and helped with the steps etc. (I think it was one of the Twice's groups), and was overall a better leader than the actual one (Park Seoyoung)?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dubkau

Dubkau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    That was Lee Haeun. A cutie <3

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

13. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Thank you!! I remembered her but I think I was never interesting in her enough to put her in my "faves list". Need to update it now. Loved how organized she was. (And her movements are so flawless). <3

14. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    One of my favourite things from P48 has been discovering Honda Hitomi. I had never paid any attention to her in Japan, and no that I've seen how talented she is I hope she becomes a senbatsu staple from now on

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5
  15. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I was impressed with son eun chae taking responsibility for her team. The losing love whisper team. I couldn't think of who she reminded me of but maybe takamina.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

i pity for chiba erii in produce 48 . not only she still in F class and no girls wanted her to be in any team during the group battle selections . she is a poor chibi to be rooted for

edit : the worse part is her team was predicted to lose

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  17. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Are there soft subs out for the fast subs yet?

18. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    I get why people feel bad for the 1st Love Whisper team and I do too, Son Eun Chae tried hard to lead them and I think she did a good job in the situation. That being said I personally liked the second team much more and thought they were better all round. I know there was some difference in what we hear and what they actually did but based on what I heard and saw I thought they were all fitting to the song really well and had great expressions. Nako saved the day for sure and I'm super proud since she's one of my favorite all time members but I feel like the other members in her team did a good job too.

Maybe if every team had to be composed of members from A B C D and F that'd be more fair but then they couldn't do the Avengers Team they seem to enjoy touting. Every other way I remember them doing it seems to inevitably lead to one or two teams being way under-powered comparatively.
    I'm sure Mnet doesn't mind that some girls get their feelings hurt so long as they get some juicy drama out of it. And, those girls do seem to get fans out of those rough situations too so maybe there's a silver lining. Whereas you wouldn't have maybe noticed them before, now they're getting their own underdog storyline that solidifies their character to the audience.

19. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    BYJ seems to really love underdogs so she'll probably train Eri's boombayah team the hardest.

Also i'm curious how well would Sakura do Peekaboo had she snatched it considering she's a fan of Red Velvet.

https://subscene.com/subtitles/produce-48-produce-101-season-3-48/english
    Credits to VIU

20. LOP

LOP Kenkyuusei

another thing I'm looking forward to is Juri performing short hair [hehe][hehe]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1