1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    If you use alphabet, try to connect hangul and alphabet. It will be much easier.
    If to remember 2 sets of kana need 1-2 weeks, to remember hangul actually just need 1-2 days. To understand what it mean is an entirely different story tho.

Regarding the contract, nothing can be done now except speculating. So I think it is better to just enjoy the show.

lol, agree. So, how about she do Tonari no Banana? :^^;: 48G songs can also be cringey sometimes, but they somehow package it with a lot of cuteness.
    That reminds me, so Mnet didn't upload NakoMiku performance on the first evaluation? can't imagine the outrage if it got the eng sub. [hehe]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    My opinions; I still can't remember any Korean's names.

I would have preffered if they went from the lowest to highest ranking, allowing the lower ranked trainees to choose their song first; it'd make an interessting voting perspective for the fans and give the girls a better chance.

Wanna One - Energetic
    I have to say that both of the singers who were going for main vocal in Energetic weren't really goto in my opinion; I wouldn't want to have them as main vocals. Yu Ri and Go Eun both just seem average to me - since the Korean trainees are kinda' put as 'superior in terms of skills', I am kinda' disappointed.

Noe was awesome though with her introduction. I like the energy in her rap, although she didn't sound good enough to be someone I would vote as main rapper.

The screentime - except for Noe getting to say the introduction - was freaking biased to Yu Ri; this is the first time that I actually write down my thoughs, and it's really noticable. At first, I thought it was just those two, then I noticed Noe and thought it was a three member group.

Heize - Don't Know Why
    I am a fan of those underdog-ish stories, like the Boombayah team or Sohye in S1. Hye Won (?) becamse instantly my favourite, but her rap wasn't that good in my opinion - it lacked power, feeling and really wasn't what I would expect. Cho Won wasn't very good in singing either; her voice wavered a lot and she didn't convince me at all during the rehersal. The singer who kinda' echoed the first parts was nice. Hye Won got stronger during the performance, but for the emotions felt forced.

Once again, I didn't even catch the number of performers in the team until the actual performance. I really liked the stage.

Ariana Grande - Side to Side
    Miru looked nice during the performance; I really like her in that style. I generally liked the clothes.
    I think it was Mir who only slowly rose her hand though; that wasn oticable for sure. xD

The center plot kinda was over used by now, and I have to say that I didn't pay much attention. Their center reasoning was, to be honest, stupid. I do see why they did that, but from the skill perspective, it was a stupid choice.

Miru's expressions were really goo too. The performance itself was nice, but the girl who also did a catwheel's weird yoga position just looked out of place. Miru really stood out for me with her expressions and the part where she was center.
    It might be that I am really biased to the Japanese girls, but Miru's ending speech seemed much more genune than the toher girls' which were just the 'thank you, support me, I gave my best and challenged myself' stuff.

BoA - Merry-Chri
    The dresses kinda' looked weird.
    The trainer who noted that the trainees all had lower ranks; I kinda feel like she didn't get how the songs were divided? It was pretty unlikely that the extra songs would be filled with high rankers...

I have to say that I want one of them to win the main vocal position. The short part that they played, except the 'kiss' part, was really nice (and I love underdog stories, so I guess that played in too). They imo deserved more screen time. Haeyoon did a really good job, but all were great. :)
    This team was, imo, the best and they deserve to go on.

Demo Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
    Their practise was - cosnidering the 'popular, avengers, top dancer' intro - disappointing. Their performance was great, sure, but I agree wit the trainers that too much was going on and it was confusing.

I don't remember much of the performance either, but it seemed to be good. I liked the 'talk that baby' part and the member that was center of it; she looked good and her dancing was nice.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

I like Kaeun cause she does stand out to me personally. She can dance very well, rap, and sing. Not to mention she's had experiences promoting in both countries and can speak both languages. She's also a good leader. I personally think she's a great addition to the team. For those curious about her give her a chance. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. GATX105

GATX105 Member

For the top 12 picks, I thought it was more advantageous to pick last (honda) rather than first (kaeun) as honda could see which groups the top 11 were -- and avoid them lol.
    The na goeun-jo yuri combo was really powerful and I hope at least one of them will be able to contend for one of the final spots. There are good singers in the higher ranks but I think these two are the best.

Haha, nako might become the suda akari to sakura in PD48 -- it'll be funny if they're the ones contending for the top spot during 2nd eliminations although this might not be a good idea moving forward when the votes get reset again.
    I do think the mid-popular to popular japanese trainees do really well in the live voting and this will be great for the final text-voting if it's still x7 per vote.

• Like Like x 3
  5. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    I'm still salty Zixuan didn't make the final 12 in Produce 101 China after centering their Pick Me. But, considering the debut song, her not making it almost seems merciful

Kinda makes the knetz outrage over gravure all the more silly right?
    I wasn't that bothered by it, she clearly didn't mind so that's her thing but it is interesting how J-Pop and K-Pop are a bit reversed in what they do and don't deem appropriate.

Nako's friends with my favorite Korean trainees~~~

• Like Like x 2
  6. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    On Wonyoung, on the one hand, I was like "DAMN, she slayed in that performance!" On the other hand I was like, "But ewwwww" because of the age thing. Being tall and looking mature is not the same as actually being mature. So overall I like the girl, but I was very torn about the performance.

On another note, Park Haeyoon has been my favorite ktrainee for a while, and she did not disappoint in her performance this episode. So much emotion! I'm hoping with the good focus she got in the editing for her singing and leadership skills that she will go up in the rankings.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Welcome to the loli

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    i kept replaying Side To Side performance and i really feel bad to lee sian, she really doesn't stand out as a center. gaeun and miru shines a lot. as for wonyoung, i bet she pick another song because i can't stand watching her doing sexy stuff, she's still minor after all. but she still did a great job and mnet should give a better screentime to yiren, it feels like she's going to drop any time soon.

as for sorry not sorry team, i really thought out of korean produce series, <Shape Of You> have the fantastic choreo but SnS team floor movements on Eunbi's part really slayed that performance, it's really hard to nailed a floor movement if you are not expert on it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. miruru

miruru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hiratarina
    So ,no one predict that miru will rise and be the next minhyun ? Ok :cry2: im still hoping that miru will debut :cute:

10. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I wonder if we'll see any of the weekly rankings prior to the 2nd elimination -- next week we'll likely see just the position battle votes and the week after that is the elimination already. So this week would have been the week to see the weekly voting. If kirin is in the top 12, then at least one trainee must have dropped. And if yiren dropped to 12, then chaeyeon, yena or miyu might have dropped out of the top 12.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I've just watched P48 ep 6 and I've been wondering did mnet edit their vocals for the vocal group performance the way they did during group evaluation?

12. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Idk why you’re talking about Victorious in here but YES!!!!! Tori >>>>> Ari and Freak the Freak Out is such a BOP!!!!! It’s so sad how underrated she is. Elizabeth was also an amazing singer on Victorious but i guess she likes acting better

• Like Like x 3
  13. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Finished watching with engsub. Tbh the most entertaining scene is this one
    :lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Somehow I like how the survivors of BBY Team 2 interact with each other. Not really sure all of them will survive to the next round.
    And they keep showing SatoMina worried face when watching Kang-chan practice.

Wow for Miru to win against all other high ranking participants in her team even though she is not the center or main dancer. Is it that the J-idols power once they are on stage? Or those who watch live just realized the gap with Miru in Warota People [hehe] Pretty sure those who follow NMB enough know Miru will slay in a sexy concept.

The top 12 and how they play with everyone expectation is :gavel:

• Like Like x 3
  14. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think J-idols power is in the live audience lol. Although I miru did really well with the expressions.

15. Elena

Elena Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Lee Sian should have gone to the vocal one, not the dance one.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

16. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Chowon's like the biggest troll in Produce history. Her audition was awful. It consisted of her getting in squat position and shaking her butt off. The clothes she wore was like someone who danced to hip hop twenty years ago. Then all of a sudden, she pulls off the best ballad vocal performance of the season. Not to mention, hard carrying BBY group 2 on her back before that with her totally convincing bad girl performance.

• Like Like x 17
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    On reddit there were some fan speculations about that. They think MNet decided to only show the top Korean contestants this week and skipping out on showing any Japanese contestant, because more 48 girls entered the top ranks. This way the Koreans would get a one week advantage to gather more votes for the next elimination.

While I agree that the last episode was indeed very one-sided, it's difficult to judge whether there will or won't be a measurable effect on the rankings as we don't even know the current rankings in the first place. At least Miyu's ranking throughout the first half of this season shows that you can rank high even if you don't get any screentime.

18. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I was actually really surprise to see Miru chose Side to Side, I thought she would choose vocal as she is one of the better NMB singers. And even though she is good at expression, she's never known for being a good dancer like Sayanee (she even struggled with Nekkoya in the beginning). And her songs in NMB are mostly cute or fun. I was even more worried seeing she is the only Japanese among the high-contenders Korean trainees, the odds are against her. But she is really that impactful, in youtube performance video everyone is talking mostly about her, and then Ka-eun (in contrast Miru is seldom mentioned in Very3x video). Actually it's good for her that this group choreo isn't as complex as Eunbi's group, she might not be able to stand out if she were in Eunbi's group.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I really love BoomKawaii’s friendship, I hope they keep it even after PD48’s done :cute:
    They could use ‘Lambo!’ as their greeting :hehe:

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Agreed, I thought she was a pretty good singer. She could have done DDDD.

Unfortunately, that's really not saying much about her vocal ability lol.

Mayonaka no Tsuyogari is neither?

Not trying to pick on you but maybe the reason why Ka-eun is seldom mentioned in the Very3x video is cause she performed Peak-A-Boo.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1