TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Juri & Wonyoung got me like damn girls so hawt. Also medals for Noe & Chori :1st:

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It's time to join the Shitao Miu fan club :lol:
    f8984d9c.jpg

3. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

Episode 7 Touch teaser out now.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Just 2 words. Damn Miu :inlove::worthy::shocku:

I just hope Mnet gives more screentime for our trending girl. The other visual here on this team which is Minju( the one who's on the thumbnail) lacking on confidence though. Why oh why :cry:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I both agree and disagree on this.
    Absolutely agreeing about 48girls giving their best and stepping up their level, they always had to learn fast, so I'm not surprised but surely pleased about it (and yeah, it would be great if AKS start thinking about having more skilled idols around, first and foremost for the girls themselves), but disagreeing about them "closing the gap" or being the same talent level as korean trainees. So far, only Miyu gave me the feeling to be near there, because no matter how much it makes me both amazed and worried, some korean agencies are war machines in getting their idol ready. Taking the girls out of this context, the gap between trainees is still wide in my opinion. (Though I admit, perhaps I'm sleeping on some members' talent or knowledge I'm not aware of)

This said, I like enough 46/48 members to know that trained talent isn't everything, though I'd like, for this group, at least a good standard.

I'm sadly aware 4 or 5 members of my dreamteam will likely don't make it tho :cold:

• Like Like x 2
  5. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Dance-wise, technically it's no different than learning a choreo for a song for a single, right?

But vocally, aside from Miyumiyu (or Nako), who are the trainees that close the gap? Their vocals are heavily edited for broadcast and the live report said it was horrendous.

6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Hard work vs talent the eternal debate

7. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    I agree that in technical skills the Korean trainees are probably ahead but in the things that, in my opinion, truly matter for idols like charisma, fan interaction, industry awareness, and things like that the AKB members are actually ahead or at least on par with the top Korean trainees. I'm biased though because dancing for me isn't all that important but if it is for you I can understand how you wouldn't feel that way.
    While I started this show unsure of whether or not that was the case, watching it and seeing comparisons side by side I'm more convinced. Of course the AKB members are really already debuted so the real test would be for them against Korean Idols who have also already debuted but I'd argue Lee Gaeun vs Sakura or Jurina would have been an solid win for Sakura and Jurina all things being equal in the viewers eyes

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Don't say that, I'm currently learning how to sing

I agree with this since AKB members are actually experienced in interacting directly with fans + they've been in the industry for years so they know the know-hows in shows & the ugly side of the industry. Meanwhile Korean trainees never have the experience.

• Like Like x 2
  9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    To be honest, Miyu while being the best in 48G, is still kinda underwhelming compared to k-trainees. Whether it's High Tension or The Truth Untold, she doesn't shine that much (or maybe my expectation is too high after all the raves about her). And Nako's voice is too nasal and she doesn't belt like k-trainees do. Of course, this will be ok for Japanese, but koreans are so used to singing with clear chest voice and belting.

There are a few who improves with training though, e.g. Watanabe Mayu. But to the large extend I agree as singing is more tricky to master than dancing.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  10. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    I thought I was the only one who thought that. Miyu, she has a nice voice color but she doesn't have the skill (yet) to belt out high notes. And Nako's voice is nasal, but I like it, and her high note in itnw/that gfriend song has no power at all. I don't know how to say it, but it's like she just sings in a higher note, where she's supposed to push out some strength into the voice

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. canaver

canaver Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    I found it! The manga 'AKB49: Renai Kinshi Jourei' (Volume 11, Chapter 91) talks about exactly what you're referring to.

It explains the difference of being used to dancing in front of a mirror (most of the k-trainees) versus dancing for an audience (like in AKB's theatre). Perhaps technical ability is not as important as being able to capture the audience's imagination.

It's like when Jurina dances To 'Pick Me': Her expression changes regularly, so the audience focuses on just her to see what she will show next.
    Or for Miru in 'Side To Side': Her intensity managed to shine, despite being in a group consisting of 3 girls in the Top 12 right now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Looks like Kim Chaewon made first place, although you can't tell if it's Vocal or Overall

https://twitter.com/suyoonvirus/status/1022393833835745285

kim chaewon.jpg

Here's her solocam again if you wanna listen again

I also found these 8D Audio clips of Nekkoya (both Korean and Japanese)! So listen to them with headphones on and you'll feel like you were there when they recorded the video :cute:

Plus they uploaded the full version of the group who did Little Mix' Touch now

• Like Like x 2
  13. IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    Babyssb
    When will episode 7 start? Will there be a live stream or something?

14. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    http://global.tving.com/play/live

i think this is official stream, will start quite soon

• Like Like x 2
  15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

There’s another elimination today?

16. NanaHoshii

NanaHoshii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    habumizuho
    No, next week

17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I disagree.
    Kirin chan is not one of mine but she slayed
    The hell are those voters thinking? :rant:[hehe]

Question (not spoiler): was Mako team practicing at HOW ent? There was their banner in the practice room :blink:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
  19. oshimen_yuko

oshimen_yuko Kenkyuusei

I don't know how to use the spoiler tag (otherwise I'd reply using it)...but, if what everybody is saying is true, then damn. This is how Boombayah Team 1 supporters must've felt about Team 2's performance.

20. IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    Babyssb