1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    If she had been wearing short shorts, she might have gotten more screen time.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    When Sakura's first performance was evaluated and she was given an A, the jist of what the trainers said is that her charisma outweighed the fact that she wasn't as talented as some of the other members. At this point in the competition, I think Miu and especially Sae are really powerful in that way. They're both talented, but neither were the most talented in their groups (Hitomi/Choyeon were definitely better dancers) but they still manage to attract the most attention with their expressions and overall charisma.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. yukochan

yukochan Kenkyuusei

Random q - who do you think amongst the OG Kami7 would make it into the final group if they joined P48? I’m talking about talent / personality / visual only (if their existing popularity was under consideration they’d be 1-7 in the group lol).

I think Mayuyu has that perfect idol aura going for her. Yuko would probably get a lot of screentime and love from the PDs off the bat for her variety sense. I feel like Tomochin’s concept or position eval solo can would go viral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    only mayuyu as everyone is old.

I think it's good that they support each other. They nominate a k trainee for leadership all the time and nako willingly ceded her center spot (to a greedy trainee). Also in myao's group, the 3 japanese chose the only k trainee to center. It was slightly problematic in choyeon's group where she had to constantly seek approval from aoi despite being the leader but I think it was because aoi knew choyeon from the very x3 group.

I think generally though, the ones with good HS sales have good ssk results. It's the good ssk rank that doesn't mean good HS sales but I think that's because ssk is a once a year event.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  5. IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    Babyssb
    Now that the position evaluations are over I'm interested in what were you guys' fav performances in both categories?

For the teams I loved Handclap/Fitz & The Tantrums and the Side to Side/Arina Grande performances best. Hands down I loved both choreographies so much. And I'm glad Aoi could put her foot down and have them do a more fun dance routine.

But on Twitter Sorry not Sorry seemed to have been the most popular dance performance. Which I personally found too messy to be enjoyable smh? So I'm really interested in other people's overall assessment?

My fav vocal team were the MeriChri/BoA girls. Not that they had the overall strongest team but their main vocalist Hae Yoon imo made the whole performance amazing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Where are you getting this info from?

7. oshimen_yuko

oshimen_yuko Kenkyuusei

A few of the members seemed to be going through the motions at times, but Mako danced with authority and swag for the most part. The moves she showcased had some power behind them, and were fluid, too. There was one around the 40 sec. mark of her fan cam that showed a lot of range and flexibility. I'm glad the male dance trainer was like, "There you go!" when Mako completed one like a pro. And when she walked stage right and pointed out, she looked like such a boss lol.

Did anyone notice how pissed Miu looked during the dance position eval score reveal? It kind of amusing. I'm glad I saw it though, it made her look very competitive, which is good. She won't be going down without a fight.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Girls Generation - Into the new world

I guess that I am slightly biased here since Nako is one of my favourites in Produce 48 at the moment.
    I think it's generally a bit stupid to have a main vocal in a inter-group battle; everyone should have the same amount of lines / chance to show of their skill.
    I want Nako to be center, but I do respect Yunjin that asked afterwards for it instead of just being quietly bitter, and I guess that the story would work for both of them well. I did prefer Nako's singing though.

Even though I feel like Erii's pronounciation was a bit off, I really liked her singing best out of the girls when they were practising with the trainers.

the general performance was nice though, even though the focus onto Yunjin (the center, not her fault) was really noticable.

Fitz and The Tantrums - HandClap

I really like Aoi's clothes, and I am happy that she got the center.
    I think that their idea of using an energetic and fun theme instead of yet another sexy theme is good, but when they were discussing the choreography, Mako looked like she had no idea of anything. xD

The scene after the rehersl with the trainers was really cute. :) Why were they at HOW Entertainment and not the Produce training center though?

Aoi really looks cute, especially in the beginning of the performance and she really seems to have fun. The performance was fun to watch; really like it!

BTS - The Truth Untold

Myao really showed that she knows a lot, and I really respect her for that. :)

The whole team voting for Gyuri was really cute. I feel like Myao, Gyuri and Miyu all got a fair decent amount of screen time, but it took a while for me to catch the name of the fourth member. Saho really lacked screentime until the 'Why are you crying, Saho?" issue.

I do think that Gyuri sounded better when she didn't sing falsetto. All of them deserved to win though.

Jax Jones - Instruction

Chiyori... omg. She was really happy. Their energy was awesome. I love it. I love it.
    The leftover teams are really, really good.

Little Mix - Touch

I liked Hitomi's dance when they chose the center most, but after seing their final performance, I do agree that Miu was a good dancer.

Blackpink - Ddu-du ddu-du

I have a really strong love-hate relationship with Blackpink, so my first opinion wasn't very high.

Doah was really better with her facial expressions than the leader. I'm happy that she got the position.

I think that the leader would really be better up in dance, considering her extreme focus onto the choreography, even though they are vocal/rap. That was, tbh, stupid.

The outfits of most of them were terrible though. Juri was fine, but the rest was horrible.
    I really liked Bibian's and Juri's performance; Sakura did a bit too much (and help; her outfit).

Doah did deserve the win though, compared to Sakura.

Results

Chowon winning was awesome. She definitly deserved it.
    I really, really want the Japanese idols to all join that group; it's awesome to see them in that style. I need more of that.

I preffered Miru over Sae's performance, but I'm happy to see that a NMB g irl for once wins somekind of election.

At the moment, I really like Gyuri, Saho, Chiyori, Miyu, Aoi, Nako, Mako, Hitomi, Chowon and Myao.

9. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    The Truth Untold and Instructions. Somehow I always find myself going back to watch their performances.

10. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I have a question. In this evals the bonus votes will go to winner of each team, or only the ones that have most votes regardless of team ? Like have there been any case when someone is 2nd in her team but ends up among the top because her votes are more than winners’ of other teams ?

11. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    1st in each team gets 5k bonus. 1st overall in category gets 100k bonus

12. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I think it is like this:
    Number 1 in each team will get +5000 votes
    Highest vote in total for vocal and dance ech will get +100000 votes

For example, Sae got +105000 votes

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    As others have mentioned. Without the bonus, Mako was 6th among the dancers. After the bonus, she was 8th. That means she had more votes being 3rd in Handclap than two of the 1st place finishers in other dance groups, but after they got the 5000 point bonus, they passed her in total points.

14. C_chan

C_chan Kenkyuusei

So I just rewatched ep 6 and 7 and here are my 2 cents:

First, on the position election, Sato Minami stole the show, she was so so funny and cute <3
    I actually think it was a good move to put the low rankers toghether, it gave them a better chance since this time they are competing against each other inside their teams.
    But there were some results I really didnt understood...

Now my thoughts forma each team:
    Energetic: Yuri and Goeun were really good. I personally prefer Goeun, I feel like Yuris' voice lacks a little of power, she Is good but but doesn't have a wide voice range. I'm starting to like Noe More, she was good at rapping, very charismatic and Manami surprised me with her deep voice, althought I'm not sure how much autotune helped here since I never paid attention to her before...
    I would have liked more a Gaeun Center, I feel she controls her voice More and have more colours in it too.
    I'm really hoping Noe and Gaeun makes ir this round, I want to see More of them.
    Overall I liked this performance.
    Am I the only one feeling a Kojiharu vibe from Hyun? :blink:

Dont know you: Chowon, omg... She was picking my attention as a Boombaya2 leader but this time she did an awesome job. Really loved her, she climbed to my top 12 with this performance. I feel like Hyewon made a good choice, the gap of pure girl rapping is good and she doesnt seem to have a powerfull voice or good dancing skills so rapping Is a good place for her if she manage to get better. Mingyoung was really good. I dont understand korean so I'm not sure how good her pronunciation was but the emotion was there and she managed to make it powerful. I liked her, she also managed to climb on my top 12 this round.

Side to side: I wasn't really blown away by this team, maybe I was expecting more... I still like a lot Wonyoun and Gaeun but they didnt left a huge impression this time on me. Liked Mirus' gaze at the beggining of the song but I felt her dance solo a little stiff. I really didnt agree with the center pick, it was really forgettable and I feel like Amy of the other girls could have done a better job... Still, this shown again a very kind side of Gaeun and I liked that. Also Wonyoung last pose with the neck stretching was :^O^: In any music genre her expresions are always good.

Merry Chri: My love for Haeyoon just keeps growing. She's such a kind leader and so so talented! I was really hoping the 1st general vocal spot could go for her so she can be safe this round, but oh well... :cold: I just really hope she makes it this round... I'm sure theres a LOT of autotune help but Sato Minamis' voice sounded really good!
    This performance kinda felt like Haeyoon and and friends, but since I like her so much that didnt bother me, I just really hope this will help her rise. Honestly, they Made me tear a little...<3<3
    Maybe there was like a sotsugyo vibe... :cute:

Sorry not sorry: I really wasn't impressed by this team... I think ir was because there was so much expected from them and also I don't particulary like any of the members. I felt there was a lot of individual ego on this team and a lack of team work... I'm obviously being very biased in this opinion, but I just dont like this girls personalities.

Into the world: I liked this performance. It was funny how someone pointed up there wasn't a japanese versión, cant imagine what Moe was thinking of [hehe]
    I think Kirin chan was a really good Center choice, Nako has a sweet and high pitch voice but Kirin chan' voice Is more powerful. I really didnt understood this voting and I feel she really deserved that first spot, her performance was extremately good and (for me) better than Chaewoon. Also Erii was cute as always and I love how they still like to show the interaction and reactions of Bombaya2 team to each other. I think Moe has a big potential and I hope she manages to keep on the show so she can keep improving.

HandClap: my favorite dance performance. I felt it was well balanced and rounded.
    I loved Makos' moves! She really Is team K material :1st: I feel like this show Is helping her improve a lot! Hopefully she will dedicate a bit to her vocals as well, she needs to improve on that.
    Saes' visuals! Omg! I cant believe I've never focused on this girl before! She Is gorgeous!!! She can move her body well, her expressions are on point and the few vocals I herd from her were ok. I was really happy to see her catch that first spot.
    Seeing this team interaction maked me like a little Choyeon, previously it came too strong to me but after last episode I think that with practice she can be a good leader. The Aoi/Choyeon scene was cute and Makos' angry question was so lovely also.
    For me this team had a very good balance between japanese and korean Style. It was fun to watch, but I would have picked either Choyeon, Mako or Sae as Center.
    I really hope Mako and Sae can make it, I love to see them perfome.

The truth untold: this was a really good team. Beautiful song and and skilled singers. Didnt understood at first why they wanted Gyuri así Center instead of Miyu, but worked out well. Actually Made her climb to my top 12.
    I really loved this performance, Miyu, Myao and Gyuri are really good performers.
    It was a really profesional performance from them.

Instruction: so I just dropped Eunchae from my top 12 because I felt her performance wasn't expressive enough and and she just son first place... I really would hace rather seing Chiyori win first place, but oh well... Cant complain ir a former favorite wins...

Touch: I really dont understand why Mini ju won... I didnt notice her at all... For me Miu was the best in this performance, how she transform her expresion when music starts... She stole this performance. Hitomi Is good but still feels a bit stif in her moves and I dont feel she could adapt to a sexy dance right now.

DDDD: I didnt like this team at all... It was a mess from their practice to the final performance. I do agree Kim Doah dos a good job but since I dont like her personality I just wasnt very hyped for her. In general I felt this team was all over the place and didnt like it at all...I felt really bad for Gahyun who seems to be the only one who understand they are doing everything wrong. Also, I really dont like vivían but she showed a good improvement here.

Cant wait to see what happens next :^O^::^O^:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  15. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    My favorite overall performance.
    Dance team:
    1. Handclap
    2. Instructions
    3. Side to Side
    4. Sorry not Sorry
    5. Touch

Vocal & Rap team:
    1. The Truth Untold
    2. Into the New World
    3. Don't Know You
    4. Merry Chri
    5. Energetic
    6. Ddu Du du

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Handclap and the The truth untold.

@Millyna I think the girls can actualy leave the PD building to go somewhere else to practice. I don't think it was the first time.. just the most obvious one, with the How sign and everything lol

I don't think Gyuri was singing in falsetto. She just wasn't hitting the note full force like she should.
    I knew she could do though :inlove:

And I'm also glad Nako wasn't the center herself. She's good, but she has still to work on her voice. Kirin chan is already there though... too bad this edit will backfire against her. Personally I'm glad to have seen this side of her, if you have no drive you don't suceed. Simply as that.

Here talent show based on professional voting still pay off, but if that wouldn't work with PD they could just let at least 1 vote, or 1 bonus, been given by people who actually know how to judge a performer.
    Everything could work, as long they have ideas.
    Man, they could have just called WannaOne and former IOI for a special training / bonus giving episode. That would have hyped up people, make then complain a lot, and overall talk about it for days no matter if they loved or hated the results.

Oh well...

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

Vocal & Rap team:
    1. Merry Chri
    2. Into the New World
    3. Don't Know You
    4. The Truth Untold
    5. Energetic
    6. Ddu Du du

I really wish they didn't chose D4 as a potential song. :(

18. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    My favorite main vocal performance:
    1. Heo Yoonjin
    2. Jang Gyuri
    3. Han Chowon
    4. Jo Yuri
    5. Park Haeyoon

They are all sounds really good though, maybe because the vocals are edited.
    I'm kinda sad Gyuri didn't win, her storyline totally moved me, I can understand how traumatized she is, especially with MNet evil editing which makes her mistake 10x worse.
    And Yoonjin is now suffering similar fate. I'm afraid she will be too traumatized to showcase her singing in the future after it backfires, even though her performance is the best and justify why she is center.

19. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    My position evaluation ranking:
    Vocal & Rap
    1. Don't Know You
    2. Merry Chri
    3. The Truth Untold
    4. Energetic
    5. Into the New World
    6. Ddu-Du Ddu-Du