TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

I don't think it was taken out of context more like just blown out of proportion. I think her wanting more JP fans is true though. It just Knet folks are unrealistic Just because someone debut in Korea doesn't mean they want to move their entire career to Korea. I'm positive its the same for all the AKB girls, maybe except Kim Miho lol.

2. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    Just my opinion to ep 9
    I think this episode could have been more interesting. For me the problem wasn't that they just showed the training but what they showed. We got the same drama again we've already seen before. We had Sakura or not Sakura as center and Yuri or Na Go-eun as main vocalist.

The teams always seem like they have only two or three members because the others don't get any screen time.

I hated it how they edited Miho. It would have been okay if they showed her face two or three times, but it looked like they showed the same cut over and over again. But at least she got to show of her voice again. She is really a good singer.

Else the episode was okay.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I watched that SR. I didn't think too much of the "issue" probably because I am niether Korean nor Japanese. But I think she mentioned that her Japanese fans increased since her last stream which made her really happy. I think it was this point she took the poll.

I also don't get why K-netz are making it a big deal. The stream was obviously for her Japanese fans as she was promoting the upcoming show in her hometown. It also felt like she was tiptoeing around PD48 topics. I feel they're prohibited to talk about it since she's still on the show. She was actually doing her best to talk in Korean. She thanked them in (broken) Korean constantly.

This really goes to show that unless you sell your soul to Korea(e.g. Twice J-line), K-netz won't be pleased. lol So the debuting 48girls would have to kiss the k-netz butts constantly. But that would be tricky because of their established Japanese fanbases.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Or maybe it was because she was the best and they felt intimidated. Or worse (and what I kind of think might have happened), they wanted to vote out one of the Japanese girls, and they picked Miu because Sae was less competition.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    lol I’m going to be really petty here, but all the girls should know by the time they recorded that episode that Miu is Naver’s princess. Perhaps they voted her out because they know once the fancams get uploaded, all the uncles and unnies will watch Miu’s and ignore the rest of the Rumor team [hehe]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Agree. However being booted out can also backfire to them as it is an excellent precursor for screen time drama as what had transpired to Moekyun, Chaeyeon and Minju (Too bad Miu hadn't fully made use of her situation tho). Struggles and tears are the gold dust of these survival shows. that's why being a fan of Yiren, i was (somewhat) elated that she was critized to tears as she direly needs it for the upcoming elims, lol.

Also, speaking of Moekyun, the bitterness she must have felt considering how much she seem to like Doah...

7. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

That's strange. She barely got any screen time imo.

The girl that does that for me is Moekyun. It's been so many episodes and she's still in her struggle arc? When is she finally going to sing/dance in tempo?

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    Babyssb
    Just watched ep 9.
    They did Sae and Miru so badly it makes me really mad. They don't want them on the final group at all do they? It's not like a few episodes ago where of course they couldn't show some members because there were too many. It's only 30 people left now and even if Miru and Sae were partly absend this treatment is just outrageous.

Besides that I'm annoyed by letting the girls vote for their own teammates. It's heartbreaking and some made just really stupid decisions. I had no idea about who Chae Yeon was before this episode but voting her and Miu out of their teams even though they are so amazing just shows how personal relationships among the girls naturally let them make biased decisions.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Were we watching the same episode? I’m pretty sure Minju got more individual screen time and interview parts than any other trainee except maybe An Yujin, but probably more than her even. She had the part about getting kicked out, then about wanting to be in the group that picked Sakura and not getting it, then wanting to be center for her new group, then training as center and wanting to be the best purest center, with drawn out interview parts for each one of those things

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    It's a group competition. If they lose one of their main visuals they lose votes and between Miu and Sae, Miu is the princess here.
    I do not agree with the choice, either Sian or Sihyeon (both switching between 29 and 30 ranking) would have been better, but I think this choice was more basic friendship crap than scheming.

And Miu is hardly the best in this group lol

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. チキンギョ

チキンギョ Kenkyuusei

now that myao is number 1, get ready for her fat era photos to resurface

• Old Old x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    I really liked this episode :^^;:
    The behind the scenes stuff of the girls working on songs and figuring out how to make them better is the kind of stuff I watch the show for, the performances and other ranking type stuff I can find other places.
    I never understand the reasoning behind the hype for members the Korean audience bandwagons on lol
    But most of my favorites are still there so I can't complain.
    I wonder if these songs will make the charts like they did in the first season~

13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Watching the last episode, I think I fall in love with Chaeyeon. I always have a soft spot for girl who can sing and I think she sang well (even with cold) and it took her 9 eps to show it?? And I don't understand how she said she is not pretty or she doesn't suit cute song. To me she is so cute and pretty, so pleasant to look. On the contrary I just don't get the hype about Minju's or Yiren's so-called beauty.

I think NMB girls continue being ignored all the time, no surprise there. But let's just hope they can still the spotlight again this time. I will laugh if any of them can get into the final line-up without screen time, main vocal or center position.

Feel bad for Yunjin, her rank drop so low. Is there no hope for her?? sigh....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    As Miu rises in popularity her antis get more aggressive, they're using her hometown as one of their attacking points. Has potential to get really ugly as it's leaning towards political and the historical tension between the two countries.

https://twitter.com/GkMcangel/status/1028636989086560256?s=19

https://twitter.com/pannchoa/status/1028643924238315520?s=19

I never expected Produce voting was a Game of Thrones level of intensity. lol With all these alliances, betrayals and smear campaigns.

Looking forward to see how much of a mess the finale would be.

I read Kirin-chan's hate comments are worse. It seems her INTW backlash hasn't cooled down. She might have a really low chance to bounce back.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Great. I hope you're happy now, @marioworldakb.

16. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Raidanzoup

Raidanzoup Kenkyuusei

Yikes, the lengths some people go to tarnish the contestants images is unsettling. In season 1 they mostly resorted to the usual method of digging up past photos that could support a smear campaign based on the premise that "so-and-so trainee used to be a school bully/delinquent/the worst, so you should never let scum like them become successful public figures after spending their youth ruining other people's lives," etc.

On the subject of screen time, there has been precedent for making it into the final group without a majority share in screen time. Jieqiong fans and Doyeon fans talk about how their girls got very little time on screen comparatively, but still made it through the show. While I want Yiren to take Jieqiong's spot as the Chinese rep this season, I'm hoping for the 8-chans and NMBs to make some magic happen. HKT is a lock. Wishing Myao all the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Holy fruck, this is bad. Miu’s getting hate now, like really really bad.

Edited: I just watched the video and I overreacted. Anyways, I hope she’s fine.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    The Miu thing is the Korean version of Fake News. This thing is just so unbelievably stupid. It’s really only happening because of her new high rank.

Iirc she did a poll on SR to see how many fans are from Korea and Japan. There’s were many more Korean. She said an innocent remark of “I wish I had more Japanese fans as well” cause she’s literally backrow member of Team 8. Antis got ahold of her remark basically turned into “oh, so she’s using Koreans as a stepping stone to her Japanese career.” Now they’re trying to dig as much dirt on her as possible and reading Wikipedia entries on her prefecture to see what role they played on WW2 :rofl:

In any case, I took a brief look last night at the filth and it’s nowhere near as bad as what Kirin-Chan is going through now. Her uncle and “unnie” fans have such huge presence that the antis currently can’t make a dent into her comment section on Naver.

If she does fall in popularity, you can’t help but laugh at the lowlife nature some people would have to wreck a girl’s opportunity.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    well, always thought it will go this way at the later stage. :^^;: if it will become a rivalry between Japan and Korea everything will be traced back to WW2 for smear campaign for the Japanese. Even in football. Though never thought it will be towards Miu. But it is surefire way to stop some people to vote for the J-trainees.
    The same may apply for many other countries.

errr, she is quite far from backrow actually. More towards front row.
    You can say it for Terada Misaki or Yoshida Karen, bet most don't know who they are [hehe] hint: their hometown is not that far from Miu's

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1