TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

To be fair the fans were already doing this. People offering money and prizes to vote for their girls. Also Mnet doesn't even need to waste money doing that when they can just make up the votes. Nobody is auditing or checking.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. GATX105

GATX105 Member

If all the voters in 2-pick voted each day and also text-voted, I extrapolated the new text votes to be around 1.46 million or roughly 1/3 of the votes -- presumably from the GP.

You're always joking around so not sure if you're serious lol.
    20,000 votes hardly makes a dent from the concept evaluation bonus and that's close to 3,000 phones. What if you needed 70,000 votes? So 10,000 phones and that's just for one trainee. What if mnet wanted 2 people to make it? Also, what if they want to remove for example myao, and she placed 2nd? In this case you'd need enough phones to vote for 10 different trainees to all outrank her. And you'd need an army of people to do it too since most people in korea can register to own two phones (and most people would already have one phone registered to their name).

3. terpcity1999

terpcity1999 Kenkyuusei

From what I've read, activating a cell phone in S Korea is much harder than in Japan. You have to apply for it using some form of official ID, and the process sounds a little tedious. I think it's possible to have more than one phone, but it's not really possible to bulk buy them.

MNet would have to hire a ton of people to make a dent in the voting. No way word of that doesn't leak.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

It's not that difficult. I had to register one, myself. In fact, I still have it 7 years later. It's got a great map of the subway and I can watch Korean TV while in the country. :p But I do wonder.. because there are people in some countries who can be kept hidden and are, actually, doing this kind of thing for a living... hrrrm

Sometimes, to be honest, I have to stop a moment and ask myself: "Am I being serious?" And then I tell myself: "I'm not sure."

We are sure doing the best job we can to "understand" things, and we're just international wotas. Have you seen what 100% applied Korean fandoms can accomplish? I have. It's scary.

• Like Like x 2
  5. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    The fact that the explanations were long, the wait times between announcements were long, and that Seung-gi repeated himself multiple times...

I was already going insane watching that, I'm not sure how I would feel being in his position. :yikes:

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Strangely I feel like I would feel, in his position, the same way I feel in my position when I'm standing in front of an item and a customer is asking where the item is. Like... do you not see the entire wall of this item literally within two feet of your eyes? But, you know, pleasantly continuing by doing my best to avoid patronizingly telling them that the item is, in fact, right there. :p

I'm not sure why I feel like we share the inner turmoil, but I feel like we share the inner turmoil.

• Like Like x 3
  7. HogwartsHokage

Oshimen:
    odanana
    ^ Yeah, something tells me Seung-gi wasn't exactly comfortable standing on that stage in the final episode. Whenever he made a comment after a performance or even when asking the trainers and some of the trainees for comments, he sounded a bit stiff in a way...? It just seemed like he was forced to read off a script he didn't particularly like for some reason.

People have already criticized Seung-gi for not accepting the National Producers' Representative position in the first place or not spending enough time with the trainees compared to previous seasons, so I'm not going to bother putting him down here. I think with his schedule, he did a good job looking out for the girls and giving them advice during the short time he had with them. I don't know if it was through the power of MNet's editing, but during those clips of him giving advice to the girls or interacting with them during the ranking announcements, Seung-gi seemed to genuinely care about them. He seemed way more relaxed and friendly during those times compared how he was in the final episode. It's sad, but with the nature of a competition TV show like PD48, it's probably understandable.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    That’s because he was waiting for cues from the staffs. It’s a live broadcast afterall and they have to fill in the 4hour mark. You can see him occasionally taking a glance, making hand signals and talking off mic to a certain direction. All seasons have been like this so it’s not a surprise to PD101 fans, announcements for top 12 usually last around 2 hours.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. HogwartsHokage

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Hm, if that was the case, there still could have been a smoother way for the show to transition smoothly and Seung-gi to present the show more naturally. Oh well.

This is my first, and probably last, season with the Produce series anyways, so I could probably care less about it after this.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Baratheon

Baratheon Kenkyuusei

IMO Seunggi is better compared JGS, but maybe because he was after BoA so the gap is clear. BoA is the closest one in trainees position.
    And TBH at first announcement of the P48 Nat Rep,I was thinking BoA should be in this one and Seunggi on S2.

Tapatalk を使用して私の SCL22 から送信

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

8 koreans was eliminated vs 2 japanese for the 3rd elimination. I hope you guys didn't forget about this.

3rd Rank Elimination
    21 Kim Nayoung Banana Culture 188,617 -
    22 Murase Sae NMB48 174,576 ▲1
    23 Kim Doah F ENT 167,012 ▼1
    24 Goto Moe AKB48 153,955 -
    25 Jang Gyuri Stone Music 129,098 -
    26 Heo Yunjin Pledis 96,954 ▲1
    27 Kim Sihyeon Yuehua 96,036 ▲2
    28 Wang Yiren Yuehua 94,304 ▼2
    29 Na Goeun RBW 79,892 ▼1
    30 Lee Sian Stone Music 75,969 -

Looking at the demographic who voted for this girls, I'm pretty sure they voted for the final top 12. While Yunjin only have 96k votes from 2 picks. That's not really a big help for Kaeun. If I want to predict the swing votes for the KR trainees.

Yuri
    25 Jang Gyuri Stone Music 129,098 -
    30 Lee Sian Stone Music 75,969 -
    29 Na Goeun RBW 79,892 ( maybe because they're friends and also To Reach You team)

Yena
    28 Wang Yiren Yuehua 94,304
    27 Kim Sihyeon Yuehua 96,036

Kaeun
    26 Heo Yunjin Pledis 96,954

While these girl's looking at their fans demographic on Naver which pretty much young fans, they will pretty much swing to younger KR trainees like Yuri, Yena, AYJ, Chaewon,etc

21 Kim Nayoung Banana Culture 188,617
    23 Kim Doah F ENT 167,012

This almost the same for live voting where GP won't care for any Jpn trainees

Also regarding MC Seunggi - for me he was great for the live show, Remember Wonyoung and Sakura forgetting to return the mics? Seunggi created a funny skit for that. Lol

12. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    That’s okay, since this is the last season of the Produce series anyways [hehe]

13. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    ^
    No we did not forget that 8 koreans plus murase and moe were rank 21 to 30. Prior to the finale I posted something similar to what you just did on where those votes might go. I don't think you're going to get a 100% transfer of votes from 1 trainee to another. For example, some people may have been voting for yiren because she's pretty and so other than fellow-stone jo yuri, some votes might also go to other visuals like minju or hyewon. For Na Goeun, votes might also go to other vocal and not just jo yuri (the friend vote doesn't really work in reality and in the show, she's more friends with chaewon). I ended up adding the k trainee votes to the k trainees and murase and moe to the 8 J trainees and it didn't change the spread much considering there was a big gap between 1-6 and everyone else. Different theories about the live voting have been discussed already so no need to rehash. And I think we're done discussing rigged vs not rigged(?)

I thought Seunggi did very well as a host and is a very good speaker. He's also good at saying heartwarming things and being funny. I thought boa was pretty boring but she did buy pizza for the trainees.

14. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Yuri inclusion, rigged or not was necessary. She's their best vocalist now after chowon and haeyoon failed to got in.
    P
    Nah, Izone already got yuri, eunbi, chaeyeon for singing dept, also she's the best fit for cuter concept, her voice is the cutest of them all.

15. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Don’t leave out nako-chan in the singing dept. lol.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    Miyu announced her graduation in her SR a while ago.... i wonder if she end up with the final group, this graduation thing will not happened...

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. DavidBuenafuente

DavidBuenafuente Kenkyuusei

If she had make it I doubt that she will graduate now, I believe if she made it she would have graduated after the ixine contract ended

Enviat des del meu Aquaris U usant Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. LoveAkicha48

LoveAkicha48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    :| I knew it.!! :wall:

For Miyu & Myao to debut with produce48 is like their last hope....

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I just hope to see her career fly up from now on. Perhaps not in the way she thought until now, but life is funny like that. (and I would see her so well in a band or going solo)

• Like Like x 2
  20. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Next question.....is Myao going to follow? :cry2: