TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. trxsh

trxsh Member

Idol Producer. You can read about it here if you want: https://www.soompi.com/article/1115...ent-chinese-survival-show-similar-produce-101

The producers for Produce101 China seemed to be way less trying to manufacture drama and storylines. The girls were super friendly and close almost right away and didn't really have that slight awkwardness you can notice from the Korean seasons because of Korean society's very strict age and seniority hierarchies, among other things. I would debate whether it was really a thousand more interesting (wayyy too drawn out and long sometimes, they spent almost a whole episode showing the girls walking around in IKEA ffs!!!) and the show had it's flaws and all. In terms of the talent, skill-level and uniqueness of the trainees, PD101 China was really outstanding in that front. I would recommend that season overall... just dont be shy to skip forward when it feels drawn out :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Miu_chan

Miu_chan Kenkyuusei

Miu's visuals and talents is already screaming kpop, that's why its really a shame that she didn't debut w/ Hichan. I know that she's a bit dissappointed herself because she was able to rank 10 before the debut evaluation. Mnet is just really a snake, maybe Miu is too good for Kpop and she don't need Mnet because Mnet needs her. I hope now that PD48 ended her fans will continue to support her in Japan.
    Sent from my SM-J500H using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nomnom

Nomnom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    Why i feel he's having inner conflict lol, in one side he feel the need to critizise the show, but i think deep down he really like this kind of show and drama, we can see from the video he's an avid fan of produce series [hehe], and i dont believe he will not watch if there new season :^^;:

4. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    addition to this, pd101 girls seems to be more mature than all pd101 series, they keep being professional (except my bb chaoyue) if its a competition. off-cam when the girls receive lesson, they all friendly and help each other. and even tencent is a snake, they still better than mnet when providing the needs of the girls. pd101cn also deserve a international love, it may seem boring because it always 2 and half hours, or 3 hours but all eps 1-10 (except 9) are enjoyable.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

I'm not great with names but there are two or three girls that are just adorable on the show. I'm midway through the 6th episode right now so don't spoil the ending for me! One of the girls is the one who originally said she was the representative of her whole village and I really want to hug that girl every time she talks about it haha and yes I am already at the part where she tells the truth! Is that Chaoyue? The next is Qiuzi. She seems like she's always over acting a bit but in a way that's natural for her and ohmygawd when she called her mom :O :O I was crying it was so hilarious!!

So now I wonder, bringing it back to P48...

We noticed how strict the Korean judges were, and especially noticed that there was a cultural difference between the Japanese idols and the Korean trainees, where the Korean trainees would be in the system for years and for some nearly a decade before they debut if they debut. For Japan it's like.. oh you can kind of sing and you can kind of dance but you seem likeable *tosses into a 48g team*. Nothing against that, it's exactly what it is and it's popular because of what it is. We also saw in P48 that the Japanese girls could work hard with no prior professional training and be on the same level as the Korean girls who only know the Korean way... but while reading through old 48g threads on SNH48 it seems like there's always this necessity for perfection in the product. SNH48, according to the 183 pages of the thread I've read so far, managed to continuously burn through incredibly talented girls--many who seem to be judged superior to the Japanese groups in terms of pitch, tune and dancing. I noticed this as well while watching P48 compared to Produce 101 China, where a lot of the girls on the show were already debuted professionals, and in the case of a couple of girls who (no spoilers here, but I do know how they finished) were in a Kpop group already, it seems like the P101cn group had a more talented pool of girls to draw from. Again, where in P48 we had two or three (I forget) Korean girls who already had debuted and a few others who were pretty dang close, then the Japanese girls who basically didn't have a lot of real professional training in dance/vocals, most of them were legitimate trainees or at least what we might consider professional intermediates? Not beginners but not master classmen? Anyway, the P101cn girls seemed to all--or mostly--be professionals already in one sense of the word or another.

For me that's one of the huge differences between the girls. There were a lot of other differences in the show that made a big difference but the differences between the talent pool was huge. I have heard that there is a reason, though, why in China you can't have these "likeable girls who grow" like in Japan but they have to already be maximum skill? Any idea? Any commentary on the difference of idol groups in the three countries?

6. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    If there’s one thing that I will never forget on this show...

It’s the Subway ad.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Lol I guess I missed out on a running gag then by only watching the subbed versions ;; Obviously they cut out the ads

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Are you referring to an advertisement for Subway that was actually an advertisement?
    Are you referring to all the Subway sandwiches they got to eat during the show at random times?
    Are you referring to the advertisements at the actual subway that some Koreans purchased in favor of their #1?

9. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    People who watch the livestreams can relate. :lol:

if the video does not show watch the video here
    This ad played on loop from ep.0 to ep.12 every commercial break that it might’ve scarred me for life :wall:

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Miu_chan

Miu_chan Kenkyuusei

The subway ad that have more screentime than Miyu
    Sent from my SM-J500H using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Oh geez. Then why did they have to try and cover up the Subway logo when the girls were obviously eating Subway? Are there laws in South Korea that don't allow that kind of thing? Produce 101 China has constant "commercials" where the girls recite obviously scripted conversations about products. I think one of them even started talking about their period.. as part of the show!

12. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    This ad was also streamed NO STOP in the 30 minutes before the start of each episode.... Can we keep it far far far away from our eyes now? At least until the next MNET survival (JYP?)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    woaaaaah the girl who said she's the future of her village, yes that's chaoyue, i really hope you can finish pd101cn.

14. Raidanzoup

Raidanzoup Kenkyuusei

I'm no expert, but speaking of "larger talent pools," the population of China as a whole is massive, and the general sentiment in the country is that you are but a drop of water in an ocean, and that unless you are excellent you don't matter much and can be replaced. That's how it is for students competing to get into Uni, so I guess breaking into the industry you have break your back with the mindset of having to contribute with something meaningful that stands out.
    But I reckon once they get a foot in the celebrity status door, if they're anything like Korea, they'll be treated as such by default even if they have skeptics and detractors.

Two things tend to get covered up constantly on Korean TV and they are brands and tattoos.

Btw, former IOI and current Pristin member Zhou Jieqiong/Joo Kyulkyung was a dance mentor on Idol Producer along with Cheng Xiao of WJSN. I never watched the show, but this clip always gives me chills.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Informative Informative x 3
  15. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    When will the three final songs be on spotify?

• Like Like x 2
  16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Is that why some members of SNH48 can publicly behave like vultures and still be in the group? Lol sorry

But the video is brutal... Everytime you think you know how hard these people work, you find out another bit of information and it turns out to be EVEN more extreme than you originally though. And I already thought they work themselves to inhumane levels

Are you talking about We Together (idk the Korean title), Suki ni Nacchaudarou and Yume wo Miteiru Aida? They've been available to me on Apple Music since 1st September but I couldn't find them on Spotify either so I'm wondering now if they will even be released there at all?

17. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    It reminded me of early seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race, to be honest [hehe]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    That drove me crazy and I noticed that there was a little looping in this week's edition of AKBINGO (when girls slipped down the wall they were leaning up against) so I hope it's not spreading. :(

• Like Like x 1
  19. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

lol already know it's midgetbritt without looking at the video. still salty about miyu. Well still a good thing Miyu avoided Knetz viciousness.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Sakura is an Izone member now so perhaps is better post it in the other thread, or in Sakura's.

• Informative Informative x 2