Single AKB48 54th [NO WAY MAN] (2018/11/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Sep 24, 2018.

1. White

White Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    [​IMG]
    is this aesthetic?
    why need 3 separate video footage??
    :confused:
    and there a few shot with 4 video footage in a frame.
    (maybe this reason why many finds so dizzy after watching :lol:)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Saying that the choreography to this single is similar in style to Keyaki's performances is a compliment to Keyaki. They currently have the mainstream reputation of having the most intense dances in Japanese idol fandom, and they deserve that acknowledgment imho. But as a few posts said, they don't own the rights to intense dances. AKB finally went out of their A-side safety net, pulled off their hardest dance since UZA, and did a fantastic job. That's all that really matters. I can't wait to see if they can pull this performance off in a live TV show like Music Station.

• Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

it's ART!!!! read a book, go to school, educate yourself!!
    But yeah, it's messy.

And people still argue about the whole "This sounds Nogi/Keya/SKE" or whatever?
    When are you guys going to realise that none of the groups have much of a distinctive sound and that every one of them (EVERY ONE OF THEM) could sing each other songs if AkiP and Co. would say so?
    They share their lyricist, they share composers and arrangers... and you wanna try and discern a style?

I have to laugh.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. tmge106

tmge106 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Wow, this single is an instant hit for me. Cool and Catchy. Love the music (especially the verses), love the choreo, absolutely love the MV and the editing.
    When I first saw it I instantly thought 'OK they are clearly going full-keyaki here', which is fine.
    Sakura is a great center: gorgeous & strong aura (48G will miss you girl). Happy to see Hitomi given cool shots. Would have liked to see more Nako though.

Super happy overall :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    You're acting like they're old hags [hehe] If you keep fit (which I think these girls do), then you can dance intense choreographies well past 40

This was something I noticed and which bothered me a lot, too. Unfortunate

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I'm here for AKB covering (or sampling it for a new song) Dancing Queen or Gimme Gimme Gimme. Sampling has been quite a trend recently. They gave us Russian folk, why don't we go all Eurovision too.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    huh? I thought we are going latino? I mean that's why Annin is in Mexico right? to steal the core of latino music

• Creative Creative x 3
  8. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I'm here to reclaim that position for my oshi Mayuyu (and Paruru, to a lesser extent). Sakura's great, though.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

They're ripping off Darude - Sandstorm.

10. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The song sound better with MV imo

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Model trio Miss Iriyama, Kojima (Haruna), and Kato already did that with Tanjobi Tango (a bop)

Wait, no. Ori K already had already done that way before with Cinderella wa Damasarenai (another bop).

We need Salsa dance for 55th single, I guess.

12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

My mental jury is still out on the song, but I like the PV.

13. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Oh calm down, I think it's just a matter of the various groups being famous for their respective kind of sounds and getting associated with that sound.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. teokun

teokun Kenkyuusei

I take back what I said this being 46g. No Way Man! I've like AKB48 and this is how I remember the group doing different stuffs. This is Lit.

• Like Like x 2
  15. darlingmysugar

darlingmysugar Kenkyuusei

The song doesn’t sound like Keya to me, it just sounds like a whole mess. The instrumental is way to busy for me to enjoy or even build any sort of hype since not a single second is quiet (except for that one time in the bridge which imo is the best part of the whole song)

The mv is awesome especially the slow motion scenes with the girls jumping these got me feeling stuff, the lines and shifting rectangles are also a VERY nice touch

I could do without the group dance scenes tbh the dance just looks awkward, in the very beginning there’s this move where it looks like they’re trying to imitate a crocodile opening its jaws and it’s lowkey embarrassing. The hair is the worst part: 1. You can’t really see their faces 2. It looks MESSY AF 3. It just looks dirty to me idk (like unhygienic) - I don’t get why they couldn’t tie up their hair?

I appreciate them taking a different approach to music after we got like 345 attempts at kfc 2.0 but this ain’t it for me

3/10 overall for now

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  17. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    The intro of the song is reminding me to Lady Gaga's song, JUDAS.

18. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

After seeing the MV several times.

The dance is rhythmic, there is technique and effort that appreciates see them how they dance. Now they have the fighting spirit that many fans have been waiting for for years.

In the MV there are very good flat, but others you lose because they use the same color in three images in the same flat without knowing who is dancing.

I have observed that it is difficult to distinguish several girls, that makes all eyes relapse in Sakura for having another hair color. This is due to the way the MV is filmed.

The song I liked, there is strength reminds UZA.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    I wonder if there will be a dance-only MV..

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. CDXVII

CDXVII Kenkyuusei

On a side note, Morning Musume '18 (which I love btw) just released a new video as well and, no shade, but they managed to be even lower budget than NO WAY MAN.

I don't about you guys, NO WAY MAN, has been stuck in my head since it was released on YouTube.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1