The SNH48 Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by sikanwan, Apr 21, 2012.

1. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    okay I agree with the first two videos sounding Kpop but that last one completely sounds like something 48G might release. Especially SKE.
    And that ballad sounds like a typical Chinese ballad, it doesn't sound Kpop at all.
    Also all those groups you mentioned make pretty different sounding music so like...I don't see what you are trying to do with relating them as all sounding "Jpop".

They have like hundreds and hundreds of songs and the majority sound like typical 48G songs, or songs that 48G would realistically release. Especially considering that 48G is one of the idol franchises with the most diverse music. Selectively choosing certain songs that "sound Kpop" to fit your narrative isn't going to change the truth

• Like Like x 1
  2. onego123

onego123 Member

I read from 2 different places that they're just making changes that will be announced during RT which doesn't necessarily mean that a grand shuffle will happen. I do know that GNZ is suppose to make lineup changes during the event though.

3. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Come on, there are pages and pages in this thread about how much better SNH48 sound since they been making their original songs. And of the original songs, only a few are like Jpop, the vast majority are closer to Kpop or Cpop, but either way its not Jpop.

All Idol Jpop groups sound similar compared to other music like Kpop or Cpop. I've been a long time jpop fan so of course I can tell the difference between MM and AKB but, I can also tell the difference between Chicken curry and Beef curry too, but both are basically curry and clearly different from other foods.

48G music has a minority of diverse songs but the majority are very AKB-ish. Look at Everyday Katyusha, Ponytail, Paleo wa Emerald, Manatsu Sounds Good etc....they all sound the same. Even when they try something different its still sounds within Jpop like Party is Over or Yaban na Kyuuai. Even Teacher Teacher, written by a Korean company, still sounds Jpop - I think the reason is AKB is making a point to keep their music centered on Jpop and even more maintain a signature AKB sound.

A year back, when I was watching the SNH48 request hour, I could tell which were AKB songs and which were SNH original songs. Not because I knew the songs(there are a lot of concert songs I don't know) instead by the feel of the song.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  4. onego123

onego123 Member

5. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
  6. onego123

onego123 Member

The global audition happened several months ago. It was for all the sister groups as well as the boy group D7B, and Star48's new acting division.
    https://snh48.today/largest-auditions-ever/

7. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    so, we will have a non-Chinese member in SNH48G soon?

8. onego123

onego123 Member

If by non-Chinese you mean not born in China(ex: Chinese person born and raised in Japan) then possibly. If by non-Chinese you mean a different ethnicity I don't think they'll cast anyone for SNH48G, but they might cast non-Chinese for the acting, or "Korean Style Training" divisions. Personally I think the audition was done to find bilingual Chinese people.

9. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    SB is varying the styles of the song, I think they do this to attract fans from both sides (J-pop and K-pop fans).

"Plan Salvation" (the most current stage they have done) is very similar to J-pop, although the units are very similar to K-pop.

The last stages the SNH48 has done are pretty similar to J-pop compared to what they've done last year because I've heard that "美麗48区" and "美丽世界" that are stages pretty similar to k-pop was not attracting many fans to the theater.

SNH48 Team Hll 美丽世界 - 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPUbemcBgpQ

SNH48- Team Hll 头号新闻 - 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQWLDuSs_00

SNH48- Team Sll 美麗48区 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_bvusD4jgg

SNH48 Team Sll 重生计划 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkj6Skk9slU

• Like Like x 1
  10. chiuchimu

Well, I hope they keep going back to Jpop since I'm not into Kpop - I haven't listen to much SNH because of that. I do think its the 48G style that the fans want and going back will boost the popularity again. I think to subunit the Kpop stuff like 7sense is a good idea, then they get to reach out to both fans while staying true to the 48 style. But then again it seems they are opening up a Korean style training center so who knows where this is going.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    Kiku’s surprise comeback?!
    I think SiBa can’t live their life without Kiku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Sorry, here's the correct video:

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    It’s HII’s current theater not NII :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Honestly, as someone who follows both industries (Jpop and Kpop), their songs aren’t that similar to any?? like sure you can hear a lil of Jpop and Kpop here and there but essentially, all of their original releases sounds like your typical Cpop idol song. Sure it may sound more Kpop-ish since the whole Cpop idol industry is a carbon copy of Kpop, but they still don’t sound that much like Kpop, especially SNH

Unless you’re talking about their sub-units tho. Their Kpop sound is pretty much intentional

Just because it ain’t your typical Japanese Idol song doesn’t mean it sounds like Kpop. You sound exactly like those “Teacher Teacher is Kpop” people tbh

15. billjyc1

billjyc1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fengxiaofei
    Some trainees of SHY48 (Wang Qiuru, Huang Yi, Wang Ruiqi) was seen in the airport of Shanghai, it is possible that they will be transfered to SNH48...
    ("拾光寄”, the stage for trainees of SHY48, has been suspended)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Would it be bad to say that I like that they don't sound like 48GFamily anymore? I thought they broke off from the Branch to be their own "MotherShip" for a reason?

Sure, they kept the "48" part in it from their lives of being a part of the family, but aren't they supposed to be breaking away from them so they should make their own sound?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. chiuchimu

Teacher Teacher doesn't sound Kpop - no AKB song sound Kpop. I didn't say SNH sound exactly like kpop, I said they sound closer to kpop than jpop which you're pretty much agreeing to in your statement.

Nothing wrong with not sounding like AKB anymore. My point was never about what they should sound like.

I was reply to someone who said effectively that CHN48s recent cutbacks must mean 48G is losing popularity in China to which I commented that CHN48 no longer sound like 48G anymore(its closer to Kpop/Cpop than Jpop) so it's not a 48G issue. Since the split, the success and failures of CHN48 are in their own hands, not 48G or 48G style.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Oh. Sorry. I read that wrong then. :oops:

19. billjyc1

billjyc1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fengxiaofei
    The audio of SWAN by 7senses will be released on Dec. 11.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    I totally agree!

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Listen to this song, I think you'll like it because it's very similar to J-pop with anime vibes.
    I'm rooting for this song to be #1 on RH.

• Like Like x 1