1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 Group Asia Festival 2019 in Bangkok Presented by SHANDA GAMES (2019/01/27)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    That's honestly the biggest problem here. Why would they schedule so many events like that, especially considering the target audience that's likely to go to these?

I agree that it should have happened later. Or at least, not right AFTER an existing BNK event.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    My bet is they don’t want to spend much money on decor, and aside from BNK SSK, the Japan Expo thing is also around the same timeframe, so they don’t have to spend twice as much for airfare, but all of those efforts made on saving is basically a waste since the concert itself is selling poorly

The only thing they can do is move the concert date to a later date i guess

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Or lower the price.

4. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Japan Expo has a different audience imo. It caters to a lot of people not just 48G fans. If you see the artists lined up for it, there are a lot of them. Going to Japan Expo and watching the lives are free.

5. welp

welp Next Girls

The price already is fairly cheap compared to K-pop ones. Twice's ticket price went up to 5,500 THB. And, I don't think this event with some top AKB's girls and many sister groups cost any less but more.
    That being said, Twice's concert was held at Thunder Dome, half the size of Impact Arena and not sold out (roughly 85% sold). Even Twice couldn't fill the dome half the size. I doubt if even Jurina, Sakura and Yukirin were there in the line-up, the ticket will be sold out.

I don't think they will lower the price, payees will feel back-stabbed. That's an unpopular practice. If the sale is poor, the organizer rather close some sections.

I guess the organizer (AKS) may aim at foreign fans.

Nah. This event definitely is initiated by AKS. Have you watched the press con? I don't know how much Shanda and Toyota Thailand fund this project. Some big scale K-pop concerts were saved from deficit with 50-60% sale due to sponsors.

I don't think AKS shares the wage payment system to K-pop agencies and the performer will be paid no matter what.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, but it's a very common practice.

I've bought tickets to shows and plays for a certain price, and the day of the event itself they are being sold for a quarter of what I paid.
    Does it suck? For sure. But I don't know if the show is going to sell out when I'm buying the ticket, and I understand that the promoter needs to make a profit, even if it's minimal.

The concert is taking place yes or yes.
    Is it better to give it to 3k people who paid the full fee or 7k who paid half?
    Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if hours before the concert itself they just opened the doors and let people in for free. Some big artists like Ayu give tickets away before concerts to fill more the venues.

7. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I'm curious, how much are the tickets? I've seen somewhere where overseas 48G concert front row seat prices were <$200. That's fairly cheap so I don't really understand lol

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Most expensive tickets are 122 USD. Cheapest are 30.

It might be cheap from a western POV, but the GDP per capita in Thailand is far from the ones in USA or UK.
    And the same goes for the surrounding countries.

If they were planning on doing some sort of SEA event that made people travel abroad for it... a concert doesn't seem to be enough.

So yeah, I think they'll end up lowering the prices a lot.

9. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Whoops I meant <$200 but damn. If only tickets in the US are that cheap :^^;: 122 USD for a US concert ticket might get you a seat where you can't see anything or nothing at all

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That country is crazy anyways :^^;:

The most I've paid for a concert has been 90 pounds for the Spice Girls next year and it's just general entry.
    How far I am from the stage will depend on my patience and willpower to queue during the day. :XD:

I guess it depends on the act.
    I still think that this one is a bit expensive when the only actual stars of the show are the AKB girls (and the BNK ones to a lesser extent).

It's basically an introductory concert for Team SH, Team TP, SGO and the likes.
    If they had waited a year or so, those groups would have actual fans who'd want to travel to see their oshis in concert and whatnot, but at this moment I doubt there's any Chinese/Taiwanese/Vietnamese who think Of course I'm going all the way to Bangkok to see this group I barely know nothing about!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I guess the timing is too blame here, considering they held the concert right after BNK48 concert, I'm just hoping they'll sell at least 50% of the seat available

12. welp

welp Next Girls

Not that common here, only the case where the sale is extremely bad. Some concerts sold just 60% yet the organizer didn't lower the price.

Lol. I already mentioned Twice's ticket cost 5,500 THB and that's pretty common rate for K-pop concerts, 5,500 - 6,500 THB. Thus, I said 4,000 THB was fairly cheap.

Black Pink's concert to be held at Impact Arena for 3 days (also in January) cost up to 7,500 THB and sold out.

BTS's concert to be held at Rajamangala Stadium for 2 days (84k tickets in total) cost up to 6,800 THB and sold out.

The concert of Thongchai, local legendary super star, cost up to 6,000 THB and was held at Impact Arena for 4 days and almost sold out, almost 90% sold.

AKS made wrong decision, belittled Thai market due to it being developing country that it was shocked by Thai purchasing power (which was not much less than the Taiwanese). Neither the values of music markets of both countries were hugely different.

Some fans observed AKS might play cheap reusing BNK's election concert stage. Also, they expected the sale to improve after salarymen got their paychecks by the end of the month.

• Old Old x 2
  13. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I want to go but I have doubts since most tickets have not been sold.
    On the other hand most tickets for the previous day BNK48 events have been sold.
    I am tempted to buy tickets for BNK48 instead.
    Is there any chance for the group concert to be canceled or just be a failure?

14. LiZiT

LiZiT Kenkyuusei

Look at time frame.

25th Jan 19 -- Beginning of Japan Expo 2019 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuMWdoKVAAAvQiE.jpg
    The same AKB line-up to perform there. If you want to watch AKB, you go to this event.

26th Jan 19 -- BNK48 Senbatsu General Election https://www.eventpop.me/e/4732-bnk48-6th-single-senbatsu-general-election
    Also at Impact Arena. If you want to watch BNK, you go to this event.

27th Jan 19 -- Asia Festival https://www.eventpop.me/e/4723-akb48-group-asia-fes-2019-in-bangkok-presented-by-shanda-games
    The addition of this event is for the other overseas sister groups to show up, here is the problem, BNK get popular in Thailand by themselves, the local support them, some people want to see the original (AKB), yes, but the other cover groups in a language that people don't understand? how many Thai people are willing to pay to watch them?
    How about their fan base in their own country, how many of them are willing to fly to Bangkok just to watch them?
    Most of them just debut, only 1-2 song to show anyway. The reason AKS invited them and chose this date might be because AKS want them to see BNK48 Senbatsu General Election, witness the popularity of BNK48 in Thailand.
    AKS just wanted to show them 48G business model can be successful outside of Japan, if your group flop, it's because of you not the business model.

if the video does not show watch the video here

It might be cancelled, if the ticket sold poorly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    High Touch schedule on the festival event you can high touch with one team for 5 enjoy tickets (for two teams 10 tickets). A set of enjoy tickets (10 tickets) sold for 1000 THB (Picture credit to uploader)

Attached Files:

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

So now they’re not just selling CDs for the HS ticket... they are selling concert tickets for the HT one?

Won’t the venue still look depleted?

18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Don't forget Team SH

if the video does not show watch the video here

19. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    Mini concert schedule. Each group will perform around 20-30 minutes. You can watch it for free if purchasing the ticket concert or purchasing the enjoy ticket (Picture credit to uploader)

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

The situation dire

Attached Files: