Future Potential Sister Group General Discussion

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Merika, Dec 27, 2018.

1. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    forget sapporo48, yamagata48 is better

2. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

IS it just me or STU has better backing than NGT? Maybe its to do with 7 local government backing them and not just Niigata?

3. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    ^ I'd say the corporation behind it will be more influential. Anyone know who backed NGT beside the local government?

4. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    WELL, they're on a boat after all.

5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I'd suggest AKB48 team blabla in Japan

• AKB48 Team SP in Sapporo, Hokkaido, northernmost prefecture of Japan. Ainu idol heheheheheh
    • AKB48 Team SZ in Shizuoka or Hamamatsu, Shizuoka where the mighty Mt. Fuji is.
    • AKB48 Team KY in Kyoto, former capital of Japan until Meiji Restoration & Yuihan hometown (but she's actually from the suburb, even some say she's actually from Nara).
    • AKB48 Team OK in Okinawa, southernmost prefecture of Japan & an archipelago.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. welp

welp Next Girls

So, these units are still active, eh? Neither they had clearly distinct image from AKB, like AKB just released singles in smaller teams. They are more like SNH48's recent releases, just typical SNH48's MVs and music but with only 3-5 girls. Yet, these units will put better put names of members involved out.

Seemingly, NMB's Queentet will be taken seriously and, if they will consistently release new material, they better fit my idea.

Not like I think T nor V pop is marketable there (neither this department of our music industry have developed well enough to compete in international scale). Yet, it shows they are open to pop dance and not limit to specific nation of origin. If the music and the dance routine are fun and energetic, they will enjoy them. South American economic size is close to SEA and its people opens up to Asian pop.

A struggle of J-pop in international market has largely to do with the flop Cool Japan. While it's crystal clear the main push of Korean govt is idol, it's unclear what is the direction of Cool Japan, the fund spread thin on various categories. You can't tell what is the flagship cultural product of Japan, film, drama or music? And, if it's music, what type of music is their focus, Aimyon and Sekai Owari or Nogizaka46 and AKB48?

We may discuss over BNK48's appearance on Kouhaku. What's the purpose of this? The best analysis is to brag that J-pop can hit big oversea. If this is it, who invited BNK48, AKS or NHK?

7. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Lol none of the above

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    More groups means more budgets & more investors needed. AKS cannot do it on their own.

I have bad feeling that acquisition of SKE48 actually because AKS has financial problems that hidden from public.

9. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    It was not AKS' in the beginning. It was taken over and now they sell the managing rights again. You can see the leaked/published deal recently.

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    These "fixed units comprise of existing members of 48 groups" allready exist, or have been done; also 48G management has surely something in their mind for future releases. Be it one shot units or something more in the long run.
    Past units did quite good for their members (not all though, every of them isn't No3b)
    What's your point ?

The japanese culture is pretty much exported through, Animes and mangas, Jrock or Visual key.
    Ghibli movies, Naruto, dragon ball etc
    X-Japan, Man with a mission, L'arc-en-ciel, these kind of artist are more able to sell out an average venue than idols.
    The thing is those artists were able to spread their wings and find their public oversea on their own.
    Don't forget how big the japaneses music market is (2nd in the world), this can explain why it doesn't see exportation as an absolute necessity to stand on it's own feet.

hmmm this is going off topic.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Comes in my mind they better dissolve NGT48 & make a new sister group in Northern Japan (Sapporo, Hokkaido?).

1. Yamaguchi Maho is from Aomori, Northern Japan.
    2. Another possible victim of that ina dude, Kawamoto Saya is from Hokkaido, also Northern Japan.
    Assuming moving would be better for their safety. Other members I wish to join are.

1. Tastuya Makiho, I've heard that's her address had been leaked too and a strange letter delivered to her house. Tho Makiho isn't from Northern Japan but better she takes somewhere safer.
    2. I'm not sure about Oda Erina which is a member of Team 8.
    Members of dissolverd NGT48:
    1. KashiwagiYuki, give her kennin again to monitor.
    2. Ogino Yuka, she should be transferred to the replacement group to build it, just like Okada Nana to STU48. But another option is that Yuka should be transferred to AKB48 because she works inb Tokyo most because she's a talent of HoriPro.
    3. Nakai Rika, definitely should move to AKB48 because she also mostly works in Tokyo since joined Ohta.
    4. Not sure about Honma Hinata & other NGT48 members who are innocents. Lemme think again later.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    I don't think will get a European sister group but for some reason I would like to hear the 48groups songs in French. So PRS48?

13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    One funny thing is that Paris has one of the thing that inspired the theater / trooper concept and attracts lots of asian tourists. (but not only)
    It's called "Moulin Rouge", "Lido", "Crazy Horse", "Chez Michou".
    in another word, cabaret.

• Like Like x 1
  14. welp

welp Next Girls

I would like you to look into why SNH48 is gearing toward sub-unit strategy.

48 Group as the whole is already too big and to recruit new girls to form a new team will worsen the status of most already existing girls, will aggravate the oversaturation/competitiveness of 48 Group.

Forming new sub-units off existing girls will
    - let existing girls put their names out so they are recognized to broader demographic. This will in turn help the girls lay out the foundation for their post-graduation careers.
    - let the girls unleash their skills/show off their different colors. Many girls are limited by AKB and sub-units of different concepts to AKB will enable members to show different sides. Members who can sing or play instruments may hone their musical skills and get the platform to show them off. Elder members may take a break from usual girly concept and do mature subtly-sexy concept. It will help the girls grow as entertainers.
    - will further diversify 48 Group and it can better appeal broader demographic.
    - enable the agency to monetize from each single member better thus, it may be able to preserve its income value yet reducing the cost by gradually trimming the number of members.

Visual Kei is extremely tiny niche even in Japan. Glorious days of J-rock has long gone and latest internationally popular J-rock band/artist possibly is One OK Rock.

There are idols who sell out their concert tickets. Nogizaka's concert tickets sold like hot cake. Twice's agency would add 1 more date for the group's concert at Kyocera Dome.

Don't forget Japanese population is aged and getting shrunk. The value of Japan's music market is gradually decreased that its music labels are trying to reach out to oversea markets. Avex is ่collaboratively producing a singing survival show in Thailand and, in the teaser, it's said that the winner would sign a contract to be "global" star of this Japanese leading music label. (The format smells flop.)

The value of anime and manga markets have been trending downward as evident by BNK48's agency. The agency was formerly Rose Media distributing anime and has backed off from this business due to piracy. The manga business also has been heavily affected by scanlated sites. Manhwa also is on the rise with its digitalized webtoon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Leave SNH out of these, i don't think the 48 management is paying many attetion on them since the break

so you just descrbe what has allready been done. Don't forget the most important: pushing some specific girls.

I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to know about culture as a whole, not music only. Maybe you should expand your view further than Asia.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  16. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Why certain people only care about popularity and skill is beyond me. Reality is, money is all that it matters. As long as AKB is selling them 1M copies that 99% of other idol groups can’t do, management don’t give a flying poop about anything else.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    48 group outside Fareast Asia better never existed until the sun becomes a red giant and may consume the Earth, this is how Earth would end according to science or even when dark energy destroys everything in the universe or entropy of the universe reaching its max and the universe cooling down into the absolute zero, these are 2 hypotheses of how universe would end according to science.

OK, the conclusion is that 48 groups outside fareast (East & Southeast Asia) better never come to reality FOREVER.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  18. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Actually, I wouldn't mind one for Italy. They have been testing waters with Miracle Tunes Italian Dub, which somehow was filmed in English and then dubbed into Italian and Spanish?

Miracle Tunes (Japanese)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Miracle Tunes (Italian)

And, even if they are irrelevant to J-Pop, they do play up the "young women singing live on stage" trope, Winx Club is still very Popular in Italy. It's going on its 8th Season and been around since 2004. They have an In-Show band that performs and has had its own Live Concerts. There is also the rumor for a Live Action Series Adaptation thanks to Netflix.

In-Show Band: and movie

Even if the Live Winx Performances are very cringe because of the costumes, lol. They lip sync and dance: (although kind of bad they didn't get a black girl for Aisha)​

Honestly, if any Country outside of SEA had a chance of survival, it'd be Italy.

Although, we really shouldn't count out America...

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    I can imagine that 48group songs would sound great in Italian

• Like Like x 1
  20. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Found an Instagram post talking about neglected MUM48 and found some people talking why not Malaysia or Singapore? Then from the discussion, I can make a recap:
    Problems:
    1. Singapore has very few people and area. AKB48 had an overseas theater there from 2010-2012 but closed due to lack of audiences. A friend had exchange in NTU for a semester, he's an otaku and during his about 6 month exchange, he attended almost every Japanese pop culture festival, he always saw the same persons, he went to AFA SG then went to another festival, he saw the same persons, hence he thought the audiences were a very few.
    2. Malaysia has strong ethnic division which Malays and other natives have privileges than non natives (google Bumiputera), also Malaysia based 48 group would have more than 95% of its members are from Chinese ethnicity because Malay girl would be prejudiced if they don't wear hijab, a Malaysian confirmed. In contrast to JKT48 which 65% of its current member belong to native Indonesian ethnics especially Sunda & Palembang. Tho conservatism is rising in Indonesia but there're still most people are moderate or liberal.

Solution:

• So I think that 48 group is Malaysia & Singapore should be one (merged), based in Singapore that is a secular country but because Singapore has small population & area, the group also recruit members from Malaysia and tour there sometimes.

Another problem is to raise the group popularity because @Iz*One48 who is from Malaysia doubt if a 48 group would work well because need a workhard to make the fandom big because Jpop fandom is not big. Also from my friend observation toward Jpop fandom in Singapore is also the same.

Note: Celine of JKT48 Team T is from Johor, moved to Tangerang, a satellite town of Jakarta, just west of the city in 2006, she was about 5 and attended not an international school but a normal private school which most of students are ethnic Chinese. She speaks Chinese, English, & Indonesian but struggling in speaking Malay as she spends most of her life here. She mentioned Yukirin as an inspiration to join 48. Too bad her performance didn't satisfy JKT48 management so she's never pushed but now she's given a job that is playing PUBG. Well, why Malaysian 48 fan mostly didn't notice her and bomb vote her next sousenkyo? To make sure that 48 fandom in Malaysia is pretty strong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1