1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    Me too!
    I would love this, but I do not think AKS will create a 48 group in Russia. However, I think they will announce an overseas group at this next concert.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  2. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    If they do announce an overseas sister group, my guess is between the following

1) Singapore (best case scenario for an English speaking sister group)

2) Hong Kong (With Team SH & Team TP, a Hong Kong Sister group would practically complete the C-groups for 48G. And unlike SH & TP singing in Manderin, a Hong Kong Sister group would sing in Cantonese)

3) South Korea (idk since IZ*One exist. But IZ*One are considered outside of 48G, so a sister group could very well happen. Especially with 48G getting so much more promo in Korea, not to mention the success of P48 creating more Korean 48G stans)

4) Mexico (AKS has been trying to advance in Mexico for a while. Like South Korea with Produce 48/IZ*One, I see the drama Anna participating in being a “test the waters” move)

If it’s #3, Miho should be a Kaigai Member. She ranked #2 in the 3rd elimination & is the highest ranked 48G member on P48 who didn’t make it to IZ*One. Her Korean is good, she’s loved amongst Koreans both fans & GP, and she’s not pushed much in AKB48 anymore so nothing to loose everything to gain.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

I really don't think there's going to be a "new" overseas group announced because they're having the first mixed concert, including three teams that haven't really debuted in the fullest sense and another team that debuted less than three months ago.

So I literally read this line at the same time as the third chapter of John Scalzi's Red Shirts was finishing up on the audible app on my phone. If you don't get it, the easiest way to explain is to tell you to look up Red Shirt Star Trek. The conversation happening in the novel was as the characters realized they were all replacing dead people rather than retirees or transfers. If there was going to be an announcement for a new group, I'd think it would be a group that has secretly already come together and would be performing on stage at the concert...hence why I figured if MUM48 was ready, they'd be "announced" after having performed several songs with the other members. "Oh, look what we have, do we know who these girls are? No? Let's introduce you to MUM48!!!"

4. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    If they do announce an overseas sister group, my wishes is between the following

•AMT48(Almaty-Kazakhstan)I really would love it, AKB48 songs in Kazakh language would be soooo cool.

•MSW48(Moscow-Russia)/SPB48(Saint Petersburg) AKB48 songs in Russian:drool::cute::^O^:

•YGN48(Yangon-Myanmar)
    •TSK48(Tashkent-Uzbekistan)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Oh god, Singapore would be one of the worst places in this region to have a 48 group. Not only is the market very small, but Singaporeans generally have very low regards for any homegrown celebrities (any Singaporean celebrities that have had success had to go overseas like JJ Lin & Stefanie Sun). Singaporean groups that are somewhat successful locally (e.g. The Sam Willows) are very few and usually very Western in style.

Case in point: Last year, a group of Singaporean girls posted a video calling themselves a K-Pop group and they were torn to shreds by both the media and netizens. Remember, this is just a bunch of girls playing 'idols', the same way people used to play doctors or superheroes when they were kids.
    https://mothership.sg/2017/12/singapore-girls-k-pop-beaunite/
    This is taking into account that Singaporeans are generally more receptive to K-Pop than J-Pop. Singaporeans just have a very low tolerance for girls acting 'kawaii' in general. It's just not part of the culture whatsoever. AKS opened an AKB48 cafe here (probably assuming that it's culturally similar to other developed Sinosphere countries) and it failed spectacularly. I shudder for any girl who dares to debut as a J-Pop group in Singapore.

To be honest, the reason I think BNK turned out so well was because Thailand is one of the most pro-Japan countries in the world. Most Thai kids grew up reading manga & watching anime (Doraemon, Sailor Moon, Crayon Shin-chan). Japanese culture have been ingrained in their heads since childhood (in fact it forms a formative part of many Thai childhood, particularly in cities). "Kawaii", "Sugoi" & "Umami" pepper conversations. Most upper-middle class Thais have been to Japan and many are repeat visitors. Heck, I was in Sapporo and I felt like I was in Bangkok with the amount of Thai people everywhere. Look at any poll on Pantip (Thai Reddit) asking "What is your favourite foreign country?" and Japan usually always top the list.

It's not just cultural but also physical. In many parts of Bangkok, you can live completely in Japanese. There's just as many Japanese restaurants in shopping malls are there are Thai restaurants. A Japanese expats can easily live in a Japanese condo/neighborhood, go to Japanese school, Japanese doctors/ dentists, eat at Japanese restaurants/izakayas with Japanese staff, all without going out of their way. It doesn't take any effort to consume Japanese culture in Bangkok, it's VERY in your face. I'm also starting to see this in secondary cities like Chiang Mai, Phuket, etc. There's even articles and academic studies on it.
    Getting the full Japanese experience - in Thailand
    Japanese Cultural Products in Thailand

As such, Thailand is probably one of the most Japanized countries in the world besides Taiwan, which is why I believe Team TP has a bright future ahead of them if their management can sort things out financially. The conditions on the ground are just perfect for it to take root.

For a 48 group to be successful, I think the country has to be particularly receptive to Japanese cultural products. Do you think there are any other countries like that?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. onego123

onego123 Member

I went on the website, and the application is still there for anyone to fill out

7. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    All I can think is how many Ojiisan will appear in Dress like AKB booth

8. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

If that was true, wouldn't they just let it die a quiet death than make an announcement about it?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Erald

Erald Kenkyuusei

I really hope it will be announcement of 1st gen..

10. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    But, Forrest already said that the website that "announced" that there will be an announcement regarding MUM48 is not a trustworthy site, so, I don't think we should get our hopes up...:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Krypton Radiation

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  13. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Melody is hired to be ambassador of ASEAN Agriculture (she studied agriculture in one of top universities in Indonesia), she's visited Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar before for her job definitely agriculture related but India isn't an ASEAN country so was she working for ASEAN - India agriculture? Then is there any business between her & MUM48? Which she's hired by AKS to go there?

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. firsties

firsties Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    tbh i feel like the best choice would be to make the first overseas48 sistergroup in chiangmai. its the biggest city besides bangkok and they already have an idol group with that specific concept and promotion tactic (do activities mostly in northern thailand) (someiyoshino51)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Sofia

Sofia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    The 1st gen announcements are taking too much time. I'm kinda curious how a sister group will work in India.

16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Log in Facebook then I got an on this day about my reaction about MUM48 announcement. It means it's already a year since MUM48 was announced. ~

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Rashmi-P is still quiet about the status of the group

18. ayumisus

ayumisus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    since theyre not gonna tell us anything obviously, should we @ rashimi and @ mumbai48 with #WHERE_IS_MUM48 at the same time to try and fill their mentions? ... I mean thats what other fandoms do

• Creative Creative x 2
  19. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

omg please no I can’t imagine how annoying that would be to rashimi and the management and everyone in general

20. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    FYI, one of major minority ethnic in India is Parsi which one of the greatest singers of all time belonged to this ethnic. Well if MUM48 comes real then would they have some girls from this ethnicity?

• Dislike Dislike x 2