1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 55th [Jiwaru DAYS] [2019/03/13)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 19, 2019.

1. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    It was to defame her, Takeuchi Miyu, and Miyazaki Miho as anti-Korean so that they wouldn’t make the final lineup of IZone.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I think the dance looks cute, looking forward to seeing a full performance of it.

I wish Sasshi would have worn some of her notable past outfits or the members wearing them-- but I just realized that's what Team N did for Sayanee's graduation single yeah?

• Like Like x 3
  3. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    And Miu (+ Saeppi) got the most benefit from PD48 (of course beside IZ*ONE girls). Now her push is getting started, so who knowd that she will overthrow Yuiyui from T8's center in future :hehe:

Actually Team N wore N3 costume :fear:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
    I don't see this will happening soon,
    小栗有以 40/40
    下尾みう 3/25

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Based on their SNS, I believe they already started to film it from January 29th and some member (including Yukirin) can only be at the filming site on 31st (or at the very least those members can be on the filming site for a short time. Yukirin for example had a concert on January 30th). That would explain why some members have less screen time, especially on the non dance scene. They probably film the dance scene on the 31st since that was when I think everyone on the filming site for a whole day.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I know is Sasshi's moment, but am I the only one who couldn't spot Mayuyu uniforms like Labrador and 11gatsu ones? Kokoro's and Kibouteki's are there, though...

[oversize image deleted]

And wow at how the Kuchibiru uniform stands out!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2019
  7. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    What's fresh about Hana? She's been pushed as next ace for 3 years now with no results.
    She's as fresh as canned peaches.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    One of the issue with Miu is in some way what Akimoto Sayaka faced back in her days.
    Very popular oversea but those fans can't come to handshakes and don't buy a lot of goods (blame importation fees).
    Except in Miu's case her fandom has it more easy.
    Still the day the management will find a fresher and more bankable girl, her senbatsu spot won't be guaranteed anymore.
    For now she is among 1st to 2nd choice when selecting senbatsu members, up to her fan to continue it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Can you named me a HKT's girl who fresher and has atleast aqual level (in term of popularity) than Hana? [hehe]

As I said before, she just need more time and push. AKB:s management didn't really give her big push since she always filled the backrow in A side single before. This single is her first 2nd row AKB's single, so we can say her AKB senbatsu level push has started from now.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Finally watched the PV and... whew, that was a disappointment.

It's not too bad, but as a farewell single for such a powerhouse like Sasshi, it feels like an afterthought.
    The costumes hanging around don't look as nice as they think, and in some shots they look like they're dancing in a dumping site.

The running/polaroid/buying flowers shots are... random, and not in a nice Let's fight these guys! way.
    And speaking of random, that dance with the fingers making V V and whatnot. Didn't they learn anything from Kuchibiru? Ugg!

I guess the positions were chosen so, once Sasshi graduates, it's a Yuiyui-Naachan center just like Shoot Sign with Jurina and Sakura.
    We'll see if they ever perform it again though ddd

And it's great to see Jurina healthy and smiling again.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I wonder when are they gonna showcase the coupling MV (yeah there are only two of them, but still), considering there's no AKB HS until days after the CD release.

Ok, her rise/popularty is not Ogiyuka or Yoshida Akari post-Youtuber level rise. It took her 4 HKT singles (2 of them she centered) and 3 AKB singles senbatsu to reach #80. In comparison, Miku didn't need all of that (her first center didn't even occur until her fifth year tenure lol) except constant senbatsu HKT, which is guaranteed, and her first placement was #45. Her push was a little too much, and the fruit of those push was not comparable to the amount of effort management did to make her happen. Over exposure of member who doesn't live up to the expectation, most of the time, ended with the members not making it at all. We don't need another Naanya or the majority of the muchu members situation. It's been shown from time to time that such situation cause stress for them. I would've halted her push to just HKT senbatsu member to avoid hate and garnering pity from her already loyal fans.

Imagine bumping her to 2nd row of AKB single only for her to just reach NG this year lol. She would've been on AnRiRe level and all of them were at least UG.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Is it really 2nd row though? I see it as 3rd row, with Sasshi in the first row as center. I am basing on what I see from the MV.

The MV looks nice, but it isn't quite A-side worthy. To me it looks like a b-side kind of MV, but just a little fancier. But it is nice nonetheless. I love the white uniform, and how it looks colorful when the rainbow light hits it.

• Old Old x 2
  13. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    just my two-cents on the MV though:

why so messy? is that like a representation of what AKB's costume warehouse looks like? [hehe]

14. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Literally any other HKT member that ranked in 2018 with 1/10 the push Hana gets.
    Especially Mikurin.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Micranote

Micranote Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The Labrador costume is there.

16. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    It's actually really interesting looking back at Mayuyu's final A-side cause it was sort of "artsy" and not "idol-y" (the MV not the song) like the standard image she had, but the song is awkward to perform almost now. Sure YuiYui centers it, but it's Mayuyu's last song and was her goodbye. I assume Sasshi is similar, but Sasshi is - no offense to my homegirl - basic. She is a true idol and grew up with hella basic H!P MV's.

That final image and her little "this was the best" was really fantastic to how grateful she was to be an idol. AKB has money. If she wanted an extravagant MV they would have splurge I feel. Unlike Mayuyu tho this song can be performed again and I think that's oddly fitting of Sasshi. I still stand by what I said that this was her grad MV cause I just saw the title for her grad song and I think it'll be super idol-y and happy the MV.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    You're saying it's awkward to perform anklet now....Idk if as mayuyu fan I have to happy or sad by that [hehe]

18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I feel that means Aki-p did a good job in delivering a goodbye single in a way that it's solely remembered as Mayu's song. That can be hard to do imo. Jiwaru Days feels like a regular idol song tbh and can be performed by really many members. Maybe Yukirin can song 11-gatsu by herself and that would be fine, but as a group performance it sorely misses Mayu's presence.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hamasaki90

Hamasaki90 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Mayuyu last single, anklet, is about sad unrequited heartbreak themed love song, surely it's so awkward to perform tho, while jiwaru days has more positive vibes to it

20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Real theater edition cover.
    [​IMG]
    @ForrestFuller , sorry, but you messed up with the promo pic (and theater ed allways show up late)

• Informative Informative x 3