Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    So KobaYui discussed about her 1st PB title with Tecchan. I think KobaYui and Tecchan have gotten even more closer lately :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  2. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

^ I love hearing/seeing Techi and Pon interactions! I actually think their personalities are a bit similar. Shy and reserved but incredibly powerful when performing. I remember Yone once described Pon as stoic which made me think of Techi [hehe] Though I do want to see more of smiling Techi this year :)

I’m also remembering how Techi said in her Rockin Japan interview that during her hiatus, she thought about leaving Keyaki to Yuipon (implying that Techi would graduate). While I would’ve been devastated if this happened, I’m glad that she has faith in Yuipon and hope this means Techi will be able to depend more on her members in the future. I don’t want to read any more interviews where Techi says she feels sorry to the members/staff :( She’s always had so much burden placed on her.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Same! In general, I like it when every Keyakichan get along well with each other :D

I think Tecchan and KobaYui are similar yet quite different. On the surface, both of them seem cool and tough. But Tecchan is sensitive and can be pretty easily swayed by emotion, as Yone once stated in an interview. That's also the reason why Tecchan is able to express things very well. While KobaYui is really a stoic person ... from what I've read so far. It doesn't mean that she is emotionless or heartless, it's just I think KobaYui is more of the "logic" person than "emotion" person. How do I put it .... I hope it can be understood lol.

Maybe that's why Yuichanzu once said that the goal that Tecchan and Yuichanzu try to reach is different.

• Like Like x 1
  5. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

OMG Techi looks amazing in the preview for SWITCH magazine. I love how she’s always being selected for these artsy, unique shoots/projects. Fits well with her unorthodox image :)

That’s very true! I guess I should’ve said Techi sometimes appears stoic on the surface, especially on-cam when not performing lol, but her true self is much, much more complex. I do remember Yone describing her as emotional and sensitive. On top of that, she has perfectionist tendencies when it comes to performance/art. Although I personally love all these sides to her, I can’t imagine how difficult it must be for her as a performer sometimes. Especially since Techi’s mentioned in the past that her most important goal in performing is to convey a message to the audience, to make them really feel the emotions of the song. But if she herself isn’t feeling the stage, then it’s hard for her to meet that goal and perform expressively. Hence, her mindset of “I’d rather not perform at all than perform just for the sake of performing”.

Whereas, I think Yuichanzu (or just Yuipon now) is the type to pull through any performance because, like you said, they think more logically as performers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    From Akanen’s blog
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  7. chiskeyk

chiskeyk Kenkyuusei

That forehead tho... It's rare to see it exposed lol.

So, I don't know if you guys already know about this, but the Hibiki movie is here with English subtitles translated by some cool people.

I thought this movie would be out online for the next 10 months or something... I was patiently waiting for it to pop out in KissAsian like some kind of miracle, did not expect this at all. It's quite fast. Fans are eager hehe.

Here's the link: https://bagikuy.com/hibiki-br-rip-720/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/bagikuy/status/1103975553806172161?s=19

Have fun watching!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  8. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I've watched Hibiki!

As a manga reader, there are few things which make me dissapointed. Such as they cut down Ryotaro's role in the story so much even though in the manga he has quite a major role in Hibiki's life. I think maybe it's done on purpose, probably the movie wanted to highlight the "genius writer" aspect.

However, if I watch it as a movie by itself, then I find it very satisfactory. I'm not talking as a Hirate Yurina fan, but as a movie viewer. There are many things in the story but it doesn't feel cramped up at all. The pace of the story is not too slow nor it is too fast. Also, I find the visual, like the filter and small things in the movie, to be really nice to eyes. The theme itself is interesting, especially if you are into literature and writing.

It's definitely not simply an "idol movie". Her acting is amazing, just like many actors in Hibiki. Akui Hibiki very rarely puts a variety of expression but when you watch it you can feel the difference between her current feeling. Like when she's happy you feel the same way, when she is about to snap you mutter to yourself "oh crap" lol.

I'm sorry that I'm talking too much. But really, this movie is amazing in my opinion. I want to talk about it to everyone! Even if you are not Hirate Yurina fans, make sure to watch it. Let's discuss about Akui Hibiki as a character!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. chiskeyk

chiskeyk Kenkyuusei

I agree with all of your points except for Ryotaro's role. In the manga, his character is actually likable from the beginning, but as it it progresses, he's actually quite a psychopath. He's always with Hibiki because of his obsession and fantasies towards her. I think the general audience would find that unsettling when Hibiki is already not the kind of normal girl you would meet everyday lol. So, I'm glad they made him the supportive friend.

I'm not also being biased here, but Techi did a great a job acting as Hibiki. Stoic characters are hard to portray. They don't express emotions easily. It's not just about being cool all the time with a blank face or stuff. That's boring and lazy. You have to be good with body language, the tone of your voice, and especially the subtle facial expressions to still come across as a person who is just reserved. Techi understands Hibiki, so she did her role well. I thought the other cast and the director got too extra for praising Techi, now I know why.

The movie is good enough, tho... not something that would give an impactful appeal if we compare it to a mainstreamed media. In a story, it's usually the protagonist that is struggling to reach their goals, but Hibiki doesn't have that approach. We saw how other characters struggle to the challenges of becoming a successful writer when the MC herself is already one step ahead without even realizing. It's funny and... sad, but still speaks the truth in our society about competition and meeting the expectations. Well, a genius is a genius. Being one of the people who are 6/10 is really painful like Rika and the other writer who was about to commit suicide hehe. :')

Personally, the manga isn't that good. The writer spoils Akui Hibiki too much. The concept is still original. A story about writers and the literature world is not normal anyway. God, I wish for Techi to take a role for a movie or any shows again. She has the chance and the potential, ugh this kid is killing me. I want to see her do various kinds of genres, and portray characters you wouldn't expect her to act. But I want her to act the most as the protagonist in Kino's Journey and Serial Experiments Lain. She has those vibes, well, for me anyway.

Sorry for the long rant lol.

• Like Like x 3
  10. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Aah I see .... There are lots of people who have the same opinion as you about Ryotaro lol! As someone who loves series such as Durarara!!, I guess my sense of what is normal and what is abnormal (and unsettling) is already broken :D

I like the manga but I do partly agree to your opinion about the mangaka spoils Hibiki too much. About other aspects, though, I have no problem even though others often complained about how strange and abnormal the characters are. They have mental health problems to some degree for sure lol. But I love something strong and strange when it comes to reading books, including novel and manga. Doesn't have to be in a fantasy setting, but strange things which happen in a seemingly mundane setting is also to my liking. So for people like me, you may try to give the manga a try. If it's too strong then you may like the movie way better lmao.

11. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

As a big fan of Hibiki manga, honestly, i find the screenwriter did no justice to the manga's plot lol But well, i guess she/he might try her best. In my opinion, Plot is the biggest strength of this manga. The more I read it, the more meaning I realize. There are a lot of meaningful moments they have to cut it to adapt into the movie, like when a struggling author read Hibiki story on lit club's magazine(?) and decide to take a new way to her life or the time at harajuku when Yoshino sensei bought the lolita dress for Hibiki and those two talked about the reason Yoshino sensei became a novelist, and then when Hibiki said that If Yoshino sensei could reborn, let be her bride, I relize how beautiful Hibiki's heart is. Even though Hibiki seems stoic and cool, she also have another NORMAL side (Which Techi really really wanna convey to viewers).

And I also love Hibiki-Ryoutarou relationship in this manga, too much that it partly lead me to ship Techi-Mizuki lol Although people said that Hibiki is abnormal, I see Ryoutarou is the one who abnormal. He is handsome, intelligent, indepentdant, sporty, famous in school... such a perfect highschool boy but he always try appearing as a normal person and he want Hibiki to be normal too. He have a "pyscho" bias to Hibiki, yes but well, his bias totally accept this lol If Hibiki feel uncomfortable toward Ryou action, she can do all her way to stop him, then again, Hibiki just hit him and do nothing lol. In my opinion, Ryou is the one who is so perceptive about Hibiki and hope to see her live a "safe" life. In one lastest chap, Ryou even act as a bad person, attack Fumi to help her convine Hibiki. His appearance is like Hibiki normal side in this manga, both are outshined by Hibiki the genius part but still play very important roles in Hibiki life.

Sorry because talk too much. I guess because I also a big fan of this manga haha (thank to Techi, I read it after hearing the Movie adaption news). This year, Hibiki got another major manga award (a more bigger one comparing to the 1st award), its awards can say about its quality but sadly, is not enough to make it internationally popular. I have to read like nearly 50 japanese chapters and start hatred feeling toward japanese lol

And to be not out of topic, Really happy seeing Techi with high-fashion brand. As I said before, this is totally the image that Sony (or Flower&Seed) want to create to Techi, artistic and high-fashion, not simply a beautiful idol girl. And her aura totally fit with this. Correct if i'm wrong but I think Techi is the 1st and only one working with high-fashion brand in Keyaki. I guess at this rate, we never have a chance to get her solo ptb a Techi exposing skin with lingeries is just too much. It really / totally / undoubtly feels weird. In my eyes, a chubby Techi in Republic 2018 is already "sexy". Her natural iroke aura is something that I cant express by words. And Shes just SEVENTEEN *cry a river*

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Regarding that out of topic, I think it won't be long before we see Risa-sama working with a high-fashion brand in the future. She certainly has the looks and demeanor, and physically speaking, she is developing a Sophia Loren-esque body.

13. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I didn't read the manga but you can feel that the movie is too short. Every adaptation from an anime or a manga is just impossible to do unless you make it in 2 or 3 movies.
    I would have love to watch more of Hibiki story, her background, her private life or some school moments. In the end they never explain who is who and what's their story, so as someone who don't know the manga at all I was kind of lost.

I don't really like the time pace, the scenes are short and quickly cut. The pace is fast, you don't know if it's morning, noon or the end of the day lol .This really bother me when I watch a movie. I feel like it's just scenes after scenes, without a real link in between.

But I didn't want the movie to end, I wanted to know more.
    Techi is great, she is so cool. That attitude fit perfectly with her. Techi in a lolita dress omg ahah and the guy said "If her works sell well, she has the potential to spring up like an idol" :D

When she hit the co-winner with the chair, while wearing the lolita dress OMG this scene is so great

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 5
  15. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Techi-chan on the recent GIRLS LOCKS!

She talked about the Japan Awards, her uniform (cute) and... she have some problems with her socks always. :lol:

if the video does not show watch the video here

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT.

Found some "socks fail" evidence.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Credit to their respective owners.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I have read as much of the manga as has been translated, and I agree. Not that it would have been possible, I guess. Anyway, my conclusion is that the acting is terrific all around, but the writing/construction doesn't quite work. Having read the manga, I felt I had a lot more background than the movie gave. But it was still a highly enjoyable watch.

I enjoyed Techi's acting, but since this character was so like the image she embodies herself, I'll have to wait for the next film to make a better judgment.

17. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    love her current haircut.

From keyaki house, i understand techi is not a complicated person. She's both okay being alone with nijika, or being with the group during the pool sequence.

Her being embarassed when members were playing parco on TV was cute.

18. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Techi-chan on the recent GIRLS LOCKS!. Keyaki House test.... Very funny.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I finally watched Hibiki :banana::banana::banana:
    and I know I'm being completely absolutely incedibly BIASED but I think I would have loved it even if I had no idea who Techi is.
    It's good.
    I haven't read the manga (and perhaps that made the movie better for me, or I would have just judged it from start to end) but I find the story interesting, a bit obvious, yet without becoming boring.
    Funny without becoming "too much" like japanese movies tend to be when they try to be interesting.

I'm truly satisfied with spending my time watching it, and in a moment in which I have like zero time for anything, it's a great compliment.

This said, I kinda noticed the boys for 2.0 seconds (good) and was cheering Hibiki-Rika ship after the first scene (also good, since it's about them until the end lol)

And Techi... well, everyone else and their mother already said how she fit perfectly in Hibiki character and, yeah... nothing to add. Perfection.
    I look forward to see her in other roles and perhaps more deep movies or drama. I think I'll never stop being curious about her potential.

Bonus: Hibiki going Berserk is the bomb [hehe]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. hibana

hibana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tamura Hono
    haven't read the manga but i thought it was pretty decent for a liveaction based on the ones i've seen
    i'd say techi improved when i compare this to her acting in keyaki dramas but i agree that it'd be interesting to see her playing different roles
    the majority of newcomers who won the japan academy award are popular actresses and actors nowadays (suzu hirose, yamazaki kento, kanna hashimoto, mackenyu, etc) i wonder if we'll see more of actress techi this year