1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Dreamcatcher 드림캐쳐

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by FOAKB48, Jan 23, 2019.

1. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Mine also came the otherday and my PIRI Japanese version came also ^-^
    Did you get both the Stability and Instability?

Me too! Japanese version of PIRI has a different MV too but it's amazing how they can still make it just as great in another language :)
    Dami isn't my favourite but she's definitely a bias wrecker! I actually have two ultimate biases lol which is JiU and Yoohyeon! :D
    Also you'll love this:

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    ^
    Yes, I have both Stability and Instability ^_^

Stability cards are JiU x2, Yoohyeon, and Dami
    Instability cards are Handong x3 and Dami. Lol

Now I cannot get Japanese version of Piri - so I missed out on a photocard :cold: Oh well. It's okay. Since I do not have a copy of their first 2 singles before Prequel came out, I have taken the liberty of making copies of a photocard and printing them :lol: I will do the same for Piri Japanese version p/c.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Ahh same here, well actually I have both the Stability and Instability twice but the other pair is still not out of it's seal yet. But what I was going to do is give a couple of my friends a copy each for free as long as they let me have the photocards lol

Haha I see, that's a good idea! I have actually bought the earlier singles and albums just recenly and just waiting for them to arrive.

Which is your favourite TEON song?

• Like Like x 1
  4. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Btw I've seen these types of messages quite a few times lately but it seems that quite a few people are saying Dreamcatcher is appropriating the Native American culture and that it is racist. I'm just wondering what you think about it? Here is an example:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Just de-lurking here as another Dreamcatcher fan :D

I've just found a video of the group appearing this weekend on KBS Immortal Songs 2 although I haven't been able to track down the name of the song they're performing:

(alternative link if it won't play: www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Wnmz7lqFY)

EDIT: I think I've found an entry for the song on Mnet's archive site:
    http://www.mnet.com/track/65102

Looks like it's a 1999 release by a group called Fin.K.L. entitled "Like an Indian Doll".

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Great! It's good to know other InSomnia's :)
    This was such a fun performance! They all did so well and the crowd loved it!

This thread needs much more activity!

7. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    I just noticed you asked me about my favorite song from The End of Nightmare. lol oops I'm sorry I missed it. I would say besides Piri, Diamond :)

Regarding the cultural appropriation:
    I used to work at a Native American art and culture museum during college. I have studied a little bit on Native American culture.
    Personally, I don't think it's wrong using a dream catcher as a symbol and name. In my opinion, there's worse things to use.

To explain, there are many tribes that are federally recognized, or rather, recognized and registered by the US government as a legitimate tribe. There are smaller tribes that try to get the recognition, but they cannot. There is the Native American stereotype of a "native princess on a horse" but native peoples are just as normal as any of us here. Many tribes have lost their language and cultural characteristics and are trying slowly to teach the younger tribe members.
    A dream catcher relates to dreams, as each member dreams to sing and dance and entertain and bring happiness to people. It is said that if you hang it above you as you sleep, it will "trap" the bad dreams. (which is related to Dreamcatcher's recurring theme - nightmares).

If Dreamcatcher - or any other kpop group for that matter - were to use cultural appropriation in a very negative way, such examples could be the use of spiritual forms such as kachinas or a "Great Spirit". That would challenge the native spiritual culture (especially Southwest natives). Also, I think another worse example is to use cultural dress and cultural rituals/dances, (which, one reminder is the use of a tribal chief's headpiece used in BIG BANG's Bang Bang Bang Music video. A chief's headpiece is a sacred honor. I can't watch the music video anymore because it was used in a crude manner) peace treaty pipes, totem poles, and dressing up and acting "primitive" - or looking like Disney's Pocahontas.

I could go on but I think I have the gist here hahaha. Tl;dr I think it's okay to use a dream catcher symbol as long as nothing goes too deep into actual Native American culture.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Ahh I also love Diamond too!

Thank you for this! I have seen quite a few people say that Dreamcatcher with their fans are racist and are appropriating the Native American culture but they haven't even done anything wrong for that to happen.

I agree with everything you have said!

• Like Like x 1
  9. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    You're welcome! I'm glad it was easy to understand. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Dreamcatcher Asia Tour “INVITATION FROM NIGHTMARE CITY in JAPAN
    5/2 Tokyo Kinema Club

2BE48767-F14B-42C1-88DC-A436CBA5B037.jpeg

Although my current visit to Tokyo revolves around 48G events I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to attend Kpop concerts which I found had been scheduled for this week. The first involves one of my favourite groups Dreamcatcher.

The great thing about this concert for me is that priority tickets were available which included admission to the sound check and a high-touch meeting with the members. The ‘priority’ name sounded like it would be something exclusive - but it wasn’t - and nearly everyone had priority tickets!

After an hour of sheer confusion the staff had 4 queues outside in ticket number order. Now it was 1.30, 45 minutes after the sound check should have started. Now everyone could enter! Except... the theatre itself was on the 6th floor with access only via 2 small lifts and it took 45 minutes to get everyone up there.

So eventually the girls appeared, they performed a couple of excerpts from songs and then lined up for the high-touch. However as over 200 people had tickets and everything was running late the high-touch was very rushed with lots of calls of ‘fighting’ as everyone passed each member but it was still a privilege to meet the girls.

And then guess what? Everyone had to leave the venue, queue chaotically again, then go back up in the lifts. All that took up another hour.

So on to the concert itself which eventually started 40 minutes late at 3.10. The girls performed the Japanese versions of all their hits starting with What and Chase Me and the set list included You and I, Good Night, Fly High and I Miss You with Piri at the end. The MCs were mostly in Korean with a Japanese translator at the side of the stage.

At the end the girls posed for a photo which has appeared on the group’s official Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/hf_dreamcatcher/status/1123936227726639106?s=21

78C8E2A4-8A33-4F6D-AB7C-FF09042A084C.jpeg

The concert lasted for two hours and it was great to be in fairly small venue quite close to the stage and it was my first-ever Kpop concert experience. As the show finished 40 minutes late I had to hurry to Kpop concert number 2! The story of that should appear shortly elsewhere...

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Wow! That must have been an amazing experience!
    Who is your bias btw?

13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Thanks - yes it was an amazing experience even though I was a little frazzled by the queueing mess. My bias is Handong, probably because I think she’s the nicest and prettiest lol but I’d say that the best performer on Thursday was Dami. Also during the high-touch I got a nice smile from Gahyeon so I’ll remember her for that!

Incidentally I went to the IZONE show yesterday and I’m pretty sure I spotted SuA going to a seat a few rows in front of me. (She had a female companion who was definitely not a group member.)

• Like Like x 2
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    'Over the Sky' - Special Clip

• Like Like x 2
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Oricon video report on last week's concerts in Tokyo:

This footage is from the evening concert, the girls are wearing different costumes to the afternoon show which I saw.

• Like Like x 1
  16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Special clip - Siyeon - 'Speechless' ('Aladdin' OST)

• Like Like x 1
  17. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I'm waiting for the next comeback. I hope it will come soon. I miss them so much.

18. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei

The girls try to sing PIRI in different music genres lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    An official live video of the Japanese version of 'I Miss You' has been released today:

• Like Like x 1
  20. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Japanese album title song spoiler(?). Its title is Dark Night(?):)