1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    HHE choking on their own expenses...

A classical start up mistake

• Like Like x 1
  2. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    So some tidbits from Sela's IG live last night:

- The outfits that they wore in the Valentine's Photocard set (plus VTRs) were bought by them personally in the thrift shops. I guess the clothes weren't sponsored, I hope HHE at least gave them money to buy the clothes cause if they used their own money, that's fucked up.

- Team L translated Igai ni Mango

- The girls choreographed their Titanium performance in the mini live before the election. I guess it's the same with the other teams.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ahrenji_CC

Ahrenji_CC Kenkyuusei

I'm so disappointed with HHE right now. I'm on the verge of wanting to burn down their office just to watch them all burn to hell. (not including the staffs who truly cares and cheerish the girls)

I hope that they won't do this kind of shit next year. They're going to lose all of the fans. And right now the fandom is losing fans at a rapid pace.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. kirakira.kawaii

kirakira.kawaii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    I feel like management started MNL48 with too many members and didn't give themselves room to grow, which resulted in this.

I'm so angry and frustrated and I feel so bad for the girls that worked so hard this year to start and build up the group, only to be tossed away like this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Movie Stars is closed on April 30 to May 1 (Labor Day).

Hope something is up

6. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    May 1, there's a rumor that that will be the 12's farewell concert and on April 30 will be their rehearsals

7. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

At least a Silver Lining on this shitshow.

Still hoping for a 46

8. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    The only thing that I'm concerned about rn is that the this boycott might do more bad than good: jeopardizing the career of the ranked girls. I don't think HHE will do cost-cutting if they were earning enough already.

Ima be a bad person so
    Honestly, i dont know what to feel about the upset fans. I understand their sentiments but not completly.

Fans are crying foul over the eviction but as far as i can remember mnl48bdana cried during her ig live a few days before the election. She said that underrated members were often ignored during mall shows. She was hoping that fans would appreciate the underrated members too. Now that they're gone everyone suddenly cares about them yIKES

[edit: redacted some statements lol]. :fear:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Also from Sela’s IG live, from what she heard her votes were around 1k-ish and the difference between her and Aly was in hundreds.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    just a small difference

• Like Like x 1
  11. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Did HHE even think about their budgeting before they pick 48 girls? Do they think they're gonna get big like BNK immediately? Knowing their market they should've gone with how BNK and JKT recruit their first gen. I mean even from 2011 - mid 2012 JKT only have somewhere between 5 or 6 costume for live performance lmao (I only takes example from JKT bc IMO both JKT and MNL seems to have similar market situation compare to BNK hhh).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    received_2865113030226927.jpeg
    And here it is guys

13. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    They really got too ambitious. IDK how much the girls are being paid but I'm pretty sure being translators (especially for Kay) wasn't part of the job description when she entered. They honestly should've just never had a second generation audition since the 48 girls + KKS were already there.

Yup! The difference is Aly is backed up by rich wotas while I think Sela has an overall bigger fandom.

I saw on youtube that Jamie's mom was apparently giving out handshake tickets during the HSE so I guess the Kami 7 rank really was the result of a rich voting block instead of fans that she fished throughout the promotion period.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

those... clothes... look! Thats different...

*wears tinfoil hat*

46... 46... 46...46...

15. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Why are there only 4 girls on the bottom. Does that mean that Second Gen Trainees are not kicked out??

16. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    IDK maybe not enough room?

I also got word that some people are gonna do a Labor Day Protests outside or inside Moviestars.

if I know one thing about Philippine Labor Day, they can get really nasty when someone starts flying shit.

17. KasperBK

KasperBK Kenkyuusei

I think they would only hold the party for the 1st Gen KKS and 1st Gen Members. Why need to hold Graduation ceremonies for those who only appeared for a month (or 2). I still think it is unfair they are forced to graduate. It supposed to be them to decide, not the stupid management.
    (welcoming myself back here lol)

• Like Like x 1
  18. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Thinking of the situation rn, i agree that they might have been ambitious and that they really have no choice anymore. Speaking of having no clear job description, I can't remeber correctly if it was zion or anne (an mnl48 staff) who twitted about being overworked and not having a clear job description :fp:

About jamie, at first I doubted whether or not did she use family money since she said that her hs lane was extended. That was probably the reason. Now i feel bad for kumo kyuu and ash.

They can't even manage mnl48 that well and i doubt sakamichi group is even open for an overseas sister group haha

We are not sure, but most probably they are kicked out too. I guess only unranked mnl48 members and kks will have a send off.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    But I guess the 2nd gen will still perform with them, probably either at the middle of the setlist or at the encore...

But I'm more interested who'll be the center for this concert

20. KasperBK

KasperBK Kenkyuusei

Let's see who will be the center, but I'm even more interested on what will happen outside the venue. Apparently (some) fan clubs will boycott the event and protest outside.