1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Those are their 365 uniforms.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. KasperBK

KasperBK Kenkyuusei

Necca :cry2:

Attached Files:

3. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I’m starting to think maybe the unranked 2nd gens might stay on. Just bc, MNL needs backup members in case full-time members leave. We need members to be promoted.

4. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I'm with you on both. Although I kinda get the sudden "care". I personally witness some people and their reasoning:

1. Hate HHE Bandwagon

2. Riding the Feels Train. Or maybe, a lot of people are really just sympathetic by nature? They don't pay the slightest attention to these girls before, they did not even paid a dime voting for them, and then boom, all of the girls are crying, you are my oshi now i love you ill support you if I could then i would ill go wherever you will go

3. White Knights who think suddenly they got a chance now with these girls since they are now reachable. Also, they are very vulnerable now.

Go figure. Don't tell me it's not true, I've seen both happening on people around me.

Anyway, I saw Sela's live and can confirm that she kinda said that people tell her that Aly's lead is just about hundreds but I heard from some sources that Aly's lead is way ahead... but no one can really confirm except if HHE releases the gaddamn tally.

But really, such a cruel system by aks and hhe. I hope they get to reconvene and rethink after this. I hope also that they can reconsider the elimination and just put the 12 as KKS. I dunno. Maybe a rally can change Kurosawa's mind, maybe someone talks some sense into him.

But I got the feeling that if they really want to, the 12 can take on other opportunities with a huge edge from the things they learned when they are in the group.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

If HHE is really cross cutting, what do you guys think they can do to possibly keep all girls?

Do you think letting go of the mansion/dorm will help? Maybe they should let the girls stay with their families? Although that will means those who are from the provinces will have no place to live.

also uhm idk if this is acceptable but maybe make the next girls and the unranked girls all KKS? Maybe a bad idea LOL

6. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Sponsorships with Neutral Grounds

Have a Livestream of the girls play board games and shit... Or sponsorships with Gaming cafes see them all play against each other.

Remember how fun it was when they were playing Pass the Bomb and Janken Pon?

People LOVE that.

It ain't much but it might help

7. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

-Letting go of the mansion would mean members would have to arrive at venues and meeting points by themsleves that could lead to safety concerns and knowing the PH traffic is bound to happen. Having the mansion would allow them to get where they need to. at the same time keeping them safe especially with what happened in NGT.
    - making the next girls and unranked ones kks wouldnt help either. Sir Paulo already said that their resources where already being stretched to their limit with 57 members.

Theres alot fans dont know about HHE status. Fans dont know how much it cost not just to keep the members but also the staff, the fee to be media partners with abs cbn (they might be paying more this time around compared to last year- this is my opinion due to the amount of coverage I have seen them getting) , distribution by star music, maintenance fee of the mansion, vehicles used for transportation, use of dance studio and movie star cafe also has to be taken into account plus where they record, shipping fee and material costs for uniforms since they are comming from Japan. Furthermore, the cost to produce the physical singles and MV. On top of that if members need medical attention they may provide some aid to help pay the cost and the members who arent college students are given ALS schooling.

I’m not defending them these are just some things they have to consider I think. And since the theatre is not open they arent getting any revenue from it yet so money is definitly tight. Even staff is underpaid

The eviction part hurts alot for both fans and members but if the 2nd year members can help drive in a surplus revenue then next election there wont be any evictions since there would be enough to keep them stable if they want to add more members (12 1st gen and kks I think should be given a automatic pass to candidate status if they wish to rejoin).

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    THIS! This is one of the main reasons why a boycott wouldn't help! Sure it gets the point across that they were dissappointed but how else are they gonna keep the group stable for the other girls who were deemed worthy based on votes? They were on a tight budget despite fans spending thousands already. What more will they do once they stop spending? Expect hhe to feed the girls without money?
    fans are acting like daenery jk

SHOUT IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE AT THE BACK!!! :worthy:
    SHOUT IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE AT MNL STAN TWITTER

p.s before anyone says that I support kuro-p's decision, nope I do not. He got ambitious and decided to employ 57 girls at once and I am disappointed that he cannot sustain his decisions that he ultimately needed to evict/replace some of the girls. However, if this is his way of saving mnl48 from bankruptcy or disbanding then so be it.
    It's better to sacrifice some than to let the whole ship sink. [/SPOILERE]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Excuse me.

A good number of those who are supporting the boycott and are vocal against the eviction are genuinely concerned and/or dislike the poor management decisions. Many are also from the more popular girls' fandom but still care for the others.

Again, assuming HHE can only truly support 48 girls, then why did they hold a 2nd gen audition? Then it should have just been the ori48 and 1st gen KKS to battle for the 48 spots.

Now given that we are already in this situation and the 12 girls cannot be saved plus the 4 1st gen kks, the least HHE can do is to offer these girls a reserved KKS status. Meaning, should someone from the 48 graduate, management should either not get a replacement (if they really want to save money) or invite from the 12 or 4 1st gen KKS to become a member again. Getting some new member from some talent handler is of bad taste.

If fans really care for the girls, both the remaining and those who were evicted, being quiet and just accepting management's whim won't help.

Making management assure the fans that they won't hold an eviction election again and at the very least offering to the evicted girls a reserved KKS status (which won't cost anything) can be a step toward a better relationship with fans.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Im imagining the horror we have to endure every year if this goes on without intervention from fans . Im all-in with the said boycott, its unethical/unjust to do a force graduation, this is no longer 48g, we have to do something or else they'll do it over and over. They have to stop this nonsense concept and stick to 48g tradition, This is a presentation of misconception of using the word "generation election" when the purpose is entirely different. - this is no longer a popularity event but an eviction it is.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    If you are laying off the unranked girls then what's the point of having a Sousenkyo anyway?

Pointless, stupid, overall bad decision. Maybe they shouldn't have made a 1st gen so big if they knew they'd fire some anyway =__= Why do they want a 2nd gen if they are at their limit with the 1st? what's gonna happen is that they will fire even more girls next year. This is why you start small!

• Like Like x 3
  12. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    - Possible reason for eliminating girls yet holding a 2nd gen is to get members who can easily fish more fans (eg Miho, Ysabel & Jamie) and replace the less ‘income generating members’ — take note that I didn’t say ‘less popular members’ because I believe some of the ‘fallen 12’ have significant fan bases but the real fight is about moneh moneh moneh.

- It’s possible they’ll keep this GE elimination every year.

- I’m sad for the eliminated girls (especially Ella) but I don’t agree with boycotting MNL48. I’m pretty sure the remaining girls wouldn’t like it either.

- If HHE will keep this type of GE next year, maybe those 1st gen fallen members who wants to re-apply should be given an immediate slot to get votes. Because why not, right? The fans of those members may be more willing to fight their oshis back. (and more profit for you HHE lol).

- And if you’ll keep this system HHE, please no KKS because it’s more unfair to them like they’ve waited for a year only to get evicted. So please no more of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

Some things I want to add to my opinion. Is that all sides are at fault to a certain degree.
    -HHE Shortcomming is going overbudget with how many members they can handle ( I think they took in the kks thinking many members would drop out due to how the audition went- which there were- but they didnt think 9 of them would stay bc I do think they knew from the beginning they can support 48 members). Also they should have even the plainfield a bit more especially for the not so popular members. The fact that 2nd gen candidates had access to other social media platforms and more that official members and kks didnt have meant they were able to market themselves more. I know in twitter Ice, Miho, Yzabel and Jamie were able to fish many fans there by being able to interact with them. That should be taken to account bc I do think it did influence the votes. If they gave the canidates a temp profile like what kks and members have for IG and FB to use only and still let them attend the mall shows to promote. it would have been more of a fair game in my opinion.
    -The fans have their shortcommings as well. When the second gen auditions were announced fans could have taken action already to help postpone the audition process. And when the mechanics of the election were mentioned I dont think there was a big enough outcry that made the management decide to alter it in some way. Even when Sir Paulo himself said that only top 48 would remain that could have been a big chance for fans to propose something else to him. Furthermore, fans themselves also decided they wanted to split their tickets to vote for other 1st gen, kks and 2nd gen candidates.
    -As for the members and candidates (I hate admitting this but)...they have to understand the idol industry is a business and being marketable is important besides just being able to make people happy and inspire them. The fact that many MNLoves are marupok (easy to fish) and that many already admitted getting fished by other members and or candidates so they decide to vote for them means they will always have to find a way to catch peoples attention especially in a 48G system.
    I think this eviction process became a big wake up call to many and the 12 members and kks that were unranked were the results of the actions of all sides in my opinion.
    I dont hate the members ( i sent in votes for Quincy, Essel and Princesses) or support what management has done but I do think people do have to look at all sides of the story.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

15. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
  16. Asuka Loves Walls

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Wait, I was mislead by your post, got corrected when I read the entire article. Please don't do that moving forward.

It's old news that the rationale behind this is financial in nature. The resigning of staffs is not mentioned there, and I'm not sure if it is true to begin with, and if it is indeed related to being layed off due to financial troubles of the company. :glare:

17. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

Sorry didnt realize I didnt type it properly I will re edit

18. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    - MNL48 twitter tags are in chaos. Aggression against HHE is high and people are nonstop spilling teas.

- Some staff directly/passively expressing their disapproval with the management

- 1 account under Quincy’s name (Implying that she’s the real Quincy or atleast handled by her ‘sister’) is encouraging the ‘sabotage’ plan and posting messages like ‘If we burn, you burn with us’

- If that’s the real Quincy then I’m positively put off. Like c’mon I understand she hates the elimination but unless HHE is doing something illegal, what she’s doing has gone overboard. Or if she really hates the management then stop being a hypocrite and quit then she can protest all she wants.

- I don’t like the elimination but at the same time MNL48 is still an idol business. If we look at a different perspective, HHE is the employer and the girls and staff are their employees. Laying off employees happen in real life. It does suck but it happens. Whatever reason why management decided to cut the members, as long as they aren’t doing anything illegal (allegedly their contract is for a year only) then people should stop being so destructive.

- I know the management is flawed but they’ve also done some efforts to please the fans. Unless they are doing illegal activities, then I’ll keep my support with MNL48.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. welp

welp Next Girls

My opinion
    MNL48 started off in the wrong place thus, everything afterward has gone wrong.

HHE did not do proper business research before starting the project. It overestimated the marketability of the group and underestimated the cost of idol business thus, it planned to recruit 48 girls at once and even made another mistake leading to it hiring additional trainees.

Neither HHE had plan B for the case things did not go the way it wished. BNK48's agency reckon the risk better and was prepared to run in deficit for few years. It also self created some jobs for members to do while it was low demand for the group, busking tour, digital live studio, handshake and the theatre. It also recruited members in smaller amount as the low demand was foreseeable. As HHE did not have plan B, it couldn't make use of most members of the group properly. Those members became dead weights due to HHE's incompetency.

Even worse, HHE did not understand idol business. Idol business is not simply about cute/talented performers. Idols sell their characters. Visual and talent are simply the mean to tempt peoples to learn about their characters. It will take time for fans to look over the visual/talent to learn the character of the member and becomes emotionally investing. The yearly eviction does not give the fan the needed time. Neither they are enough channels for members to show their characters. To introduce new members should be done in a soft way. AKB48 can keep afloat with fans naturally learning new members through following old ones. For example, A is a big fan of J, he knows many girls watching all TV shows J is on, once J graduates, A will switch to a new girl amiable to J. Such situation can hardly happen given the current condition of MNL48, new members are introduced in a hostile way.

Is the mass eviction a result from the overestimated budget? I don't think so. The rumor of yearly employment contract floated around since early months of the group. This was in the business plan from the very start and not a new decision to solve an unexpected trouble.

How on earth AKS gave consent to this such business plan? Perhaps, AKS has felt AKB48's format is not flawless and needs some changes. The election in Japan this year has been canceled showing AKS wants to lead AKB48 into a new direction. By allowing sister groups to do something different AKS may find a new model for AKB48 to follow suit.

Should fans boycott MNL48? This is a tough dilemma. If fans cut their support, HHE will face even worse financial strain and MNL48 will be operated in even poorer condition. Yet, if fans don't give HHE a lesson, HHE won't change its business plan which is self-destructive.

A Thai guy claiming he was sole Thai employee at HHE posted on Facebook he and some staffers and trainers had quit. He did dropped few insider infos of the group before so, he seemed legit. He was the one telling Thai wotas that MNL48 first gen members would have to fight with new applicants for survival in the election. He posted he and other staffers were highly frustrated with how the group was handled and he finally was free from this hell.
    He also said that the agency might dissolve team(s) and the forth single would be "Kimi Wa Melody".

Here is his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mnl48thailandfanclub

20. Asuka Loves Walls

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Now that is just irresponsible. Putting MNL48 aside, if I have my own company and have an employee that keeps on releasing insider info, I will ask them to quit, probably with dishonorable discharge.

Anyway, back to MNL48. Yeah, they started poorly. I already said my piece about this in this thread a long time ago, so I will not repeat it here. We have two choices: to destroy or help the group. Without any future plans, I will not help destroy the group and the girl's dreams, so I'm choosing the other option.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1