Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

Really like the new song but moeka center.... kinda got overshadowed because yuiyui and naachan have center experience but probably this situation wont be long qhen they promote after the MV ckme out The Top 3 will shine really good.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    I enjoyed this performance. Everyone looks great, and both the song and the choreography are cute enough for me. Seems like i always put too much hope on the MV, but with this song they have a chance to do something really great and i hope they don't waste it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

You probably wanted to post this in the AKBINGO! thread LOL if this is about the game where the members' faces get close to a man's butt, it's not new. It's one of the first game AKB did in AKB 1ji 59pun (it's basically how AKBINGO! was called before). Yes it's kinda gross LOL but most people saw the old ones so I guess fans won't get mad since it's nothing new.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. supermochi89

supermochi89 Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Mayukirin <3
    Twitter:
    renaimayuyu
    eh, it sounds okay. Hopefully, it can grow on me. Sounds like an akb song from 2014-15ish.

5. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I'm probably beating up a dead horse, but this song is literally Upgrade by NMB48's Team BII. Like, the intros/choruses sound exactly the same

if the video does not show watch the video here
    With the two songs per Edition issue, I wouldn't be shocked if they just used the AKB48 Beat Carnival Songs along with the new Team 8 song.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    Ok they sound quite alike honestly. Especially the background horn on the upgrade song its like literally shouting annekiri lol. but atleast they tried to mask the similarity with the low scale bridge and the moichidi part. Both sound great in their own way though. disappointed with the lack of effort from AKS tho..

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. yukizukky

yukizukky Kenkyuusei

I really like this performance! The outfits were super on point, esp for the taller members, but I thought that most members looked really really good!! ((with their hair and makeup and all)) the summer vibes are really nice. Since yukirin is my kami oshi she really stood out to me, but other members that stood out were mirurun, okada nana, yuiyui, yuiri and chiho. I didn’t know chiho before but the moment I saw her performance I was attracted to her. So amazing. Yuiri and yumirin too, they exceeded my expectations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Really nostalgic. Reminds me of the fun, light summer songs that piqued my interest in idols 8 or so years ago.
    The synth, the melody, the dances. All chosen to invoke what people liked about Golden Era AKB.
    Moeka's bob was probably part of why she was chosen. Maeda Atsuko's most remembered hair style was her bob look.

Sure, it's completely a rip of Upgrade, but I didn't need to listen to that song to think this wasn't the most original song ever.
    Clearly they were aiming to pull on memory strings.

Weird to say I like this after complementing SKE for forging a completely new path, but it just worked for me.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It's Update though ._. Lmao. But it definitely sounds similar.

10. rmn89

rmn89 Member

is bikini mv still possible now? not that i needed it. but if they trying to get back to the early akb days style then thats gonna be the way

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    I doubt it with Olympia 2020 coming soon....

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

Sustainable is for me very forgettable. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination, just not something I'm going to remember even just a few hours from now. This is one of those songs that would air on the radio in my car and I'd listen to it as background noise but wouldn't really care about it. Worse than the song being forgettable though is that the center has no stage presence at all. I was in a whatever phase about her being the center now I feel angry that they gave it to a girl who clearly isn't ready. She looks like a deer in the headlights and quite literally everyone around her looks more ready for the position she's in than she does.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Peach Anmitsu

Peach Anmitsu Kenkyuusei

It definitely sounds like Update (fixed!)

Although I thought they would play it safe with a more tried and true member, this seems like a good play after the scandal. I am thrilled it is AKB heavy, girls I love for sister groups are still in, and it is a nice summery song that feels like AKB. Using Moeka as others said gets people talking (no such thing as bad PR) and can also represent trying something new to breakaway from the scandals. Hopefully she gets less nervous and gets into a good flow. Everyone is right, the best part of AKB is watching these girls grow and they dont necessarily have to be talented, but being flanked by experienced girls makes her look worse. This is the only thing questionable I see as theyre coming back from all the hullabaloo. However I am super happy they finally announced a single!

This song isnt in my top 5 immediately but it is one of the first in a long time that I didnt immediately go "will I like this?" Now that only two songs a CD however...

I absolutely am in love with the costumes tho. For some reason the purple white makes me think of a more summery verison of Romance Irane costumes.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

If the lack of news over the past few months had made me forget about how great AKB was, this song reminded me of it.

It feels like management is finally giving the fans what they want. Not just with the senbatsu (Tomu! That front line!), but also with a song properly reminiscent of the good old days. The moment the all line up is such a throwback to Katyusha <3

Now I just hope the video is good and elevates the song.

As for the only two songs per edition thing... I guess they’re not entirely sure about the support they’ve lost since the NGT thing, so they don’t want to invest in songs/videos in the meantime.

When does the first round of HS start?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Finished already :^^;: entering second round like 40 minutes ago.

Still..."the picture in my smartphone"..."two of us in our swimwear"...ooohhhh :hehe:
    Always subtle aki-p [hehe] good ol' aki-p

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Sorry for being annoying, but it's Update lmao.[hehe]

• Like Like x 3
  17. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    "It sounds like Upgrade" they say.

To which I say, "At least it doesn't sound like bloody Teacher Teacher."

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Arekkiri!! (Arekkiri!!) Korekkiri!! (Korekkiri!!).

I love this! The chorus is catchy and can easily get stuck in your head. All in all the song feels nostalgic, like the summer singles years ago. Now I'm looking forward for the MV.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Nice song, good song, cute senbatsu (ofcourse it would be better if there were no SG members).

The three middle-frontliners are perfect together, they really looks cute. It make Yukirin be out of place since the image song is about something cute (and that Jurina really stains this perfect line-up with her old face, really ).

• Dislike x 18
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  20. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    what?yukirin is the one who shined the most during the performance lol and jurina looks so cute with short hair

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4