Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Important things when looking at the HS sales result
    [hide]
    1. On the 1st round and 2nd round you can only apply once. On that one application, for the 1st round you can pick 1 HS/slot for a maximum of 10 slots (thus a total of 10 HS). For the 2nd round, the limit is 3 HS/slot and 10 slots max (thus a total of 30 HS). To make it easier, if a slot = 500 HS, then to sold out on the 1st round you will need 500 people to apply for that same slot. They do this probably to give fans a chance to go to a top member HS.
    From the 3rd round onward you can apply multiple times, so basically if you have the money you can buy all the HS that you want... or be that annoying person to make empty sales.
    This is why the 1st and 2nd round result are more important than the rest to gauge popularity because it is more representative to show how many people buy their HS (more sold out = more people).

2. In general, there are 2 types of slot, gimmick and non-gimmick. Gimmick slot contain less HS/slot thus easier to sold out. The top tier HS member (or at least management want to perceive them as top tier) will have all non gimmick slot. Rinrin 35 slots is not the same as Yuiyui or Naachan 35 slots.
    Miion, Moeka, Yukirin, Naachan, Yuiri, Yuiyui, Jurina, Dasu, Mirurun, Yuuri, Mikurin, and Yumirin are the members without gimmick for 56th single.
    [/hide]

Moeka number is not bad. It is actually good, definitely above average. But her result do drop massively.
    IIRC, on the 54th single she was still doing gimmicks so the number can't be compared directly with the 55th and 56th single.
    from 22/33 with gimmicks (54th single) to 18/35 no gimmick (55th single), that is actually really good, especially considering she did sold out 4 slots on the 2nd round, that was excellent for a new member. Only 3 members had better 55th single numbers on that 2nd round than Moeka and those are Naachan, Yuiyui, and Jurina.
    In the 56th single tho... She didn't sold out a single slot on the 2nd round, not even almost sold out. On the 3rd round she only has half of her 55th single number with less slots. Normally you would expect with less slot the sold out number would be higher.
    Anyway, her number was so great on the 55th single that even half that number she is still has one of the best HS result in 48G. It would be difficult comparing her directly to another member since she only has 28 slots, but if we focused only on the sold out number (which is not exactly fair) and vs other non gimmick member, Moeka is above Miion, Mirurun, Yuuri, Mikurin, and Yumirin.
    Hopefully Moeka sales are real (not empty) and that number is sustainable :^^;:

Yuiri 3rd round sales is normal. Actually her 2nd round sales was more impressive, from 2/35 to 7/40
    Rinrin result is also great considering the fact that during the 55th single 2nd round her result was 4/25 and now 7/35.
    Chiho result is great if it stays that way after the 1st resale. I think she has the capability to sell that much based on how she did on STU 3rd single, but I personally would wait after the resale before getting too excited for her sales.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I am honestly disgusted by some of these NGT handshake results. People are just contributing to the problem.........

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Man, you really have one of those faces that people can't forget.

You know, Kurumi, Zukkii, Naamin, Kaori, Satone, Rei, Mahopyon and Nagi.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Some members are really good at remembering fans. Also, obvious foreigners are easier to remember, and female foreigners easiest.

5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Didn't you know sunnyboi is ikemen

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    That explains everything.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Ikemen enough for Rin, Kyon, and Chiho to remember? Yassssh :banana:
    Now have to make it sustainable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. rmn89

rmn89 Member

seems like they took the note and finally realizes their attempt of making their target market more broader with "current style" song like no way man and teacher teacher was failed , and now they finally becoming who they are all along.

it might sounds cheesy but this also applies for AKB48 "being somebody else to please others wont do any good".

cuz honestly akb was fine the way it is. sure 48 groups is about the member, but songs like these. man...it just pulled the strings of my heart back to the 2011 when i first fell in love with this group.

watching the current akbingo episode also made me feels like they want us to remember why they are so good in the first place.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Is it? I always feel that AKB is the one who dare to try any style. Also, I can't say NMW and Teacher Teacher failed. Since both exceed expectation in sales. Teacher2 with gigantic sales even for SSK without Sasshi-Mayu, and NWM sales actually increased.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You sound like a newbie so let me educate you about how many times AKB's current style have actually happened over the years!

2015:

if the video does not show watch the video here

2012:

2010:

Should I include bsides?
    Cause there are plenty like the Slave song, How Come? and so on.

Please, do tell me if you want me to recommend also some stage songs in current style.

:blush:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    What do you mean by fail? I say this one and Jiwaru days got lazy and bland on music composing. And on the other hand Teacher Teacher and No way man is much more replayable and fun in my opinion. Hell even fricking Jabaja is amazing in comparison. I rather they come up with some wacky fun stuff nowadays because I mean they are at least creative attempts (CGI mountain and CGI Jurina anyone?), not like these boring generic songs I'd forget and skip like most B-side songs.

Hmm 2011 songs...which one are you talking about?

"Sakura no Ki ni Narō"
    "Everyday, Katyusha"
    "Flying Get"
    "Kaze wa Fuiteiru"
    "Ue kara Mariko"

None of these sounds Sustainable to me lol

But I mean in the bottom of my heart if they really want to bring back the good ole AKB then I say they should be sitting down and composing real songs like Iwake Maybe, Oogoe Diamond and Manatsu no Sounds good.....but who am I kidding I know I'm asking too much. Those good ole days days are long gone :| Time to invest in Hinatazaka46 woot.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Don't forget the international SSK + PD48 effects.
    Where these songs fail IMO is on the re performability like a lot of their dance heavy songs.
    Mainly eito dare. (Hachinosu dance performed thousand of time)

13. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    That moment you realise Beginner is nearly 10 years old.

And yes, all those songs are great. Among their best. The trouble is, Teacher Teacher - their worst single in my opinion - and No Way Man are just missing something vital. Partly because they were clearly made to appeal to the K-Pop crowd, and that was prioritised over writing a song that's still going to sound good 10 years from now. The biggest difference? Neither song has any heart or feeling to them. Irrespective of the diverse style of AKB's classic songs they had yards of both, and that's what's MISSING from a lot of more recent AKB singles - emotion, heart, sincerity. Both Teacher Teacher and No Way Man were in the bottom 20 of the Request Hour Setlist 2019 - far below coupling tracks from their respective singles. I'd put money on neither being in the top 100 next year, but some of the coupling tracks still being in there.

Beginner is a masterpiece, Teacher Teacher is just a song nobody's going to remember in 5, let alone 10 years. That said, when you've released 55 singles and only a couple of them are duds, it's not really a big deal.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I disagree entirely about NWM lacking emotions or whatever (the song made me wrote all of this after all - and I still like the song not any less). I understand completely Japanese idol fans might not like it, but I don't think it's objectively lacking anything. (Also let's not forget the song runs over 5 minutes - that's not what your typical trashy party song for one use looks like.)

maybe, indeed, different songs cause different feelings in people. Personally I find Seishun Dokei to be one of the most emotions-filled songs I ever heard in my life, but people usually called it an awkward countryside carnival song or something so idk. I'd like to say they just aren't attentive enough, but if it really isn't there for them then maybe it's just that... And I never understood why Negaigoto was so disliked. It has all of the originality, emotions and is definitely not (thought to be) catering to kpop crowd yet people just think it's boring and weird. It's so irrelevant no one even mentions it anymore lol.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I love NWM, Seishun Dokei and Negaigoto. They have beautiful rhythm and lyrics. AKB48 Group songs need you to listen more than 2 times and after that, you will never forget it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Maybe in the same way that AKB's A-sides are so diverse, the tastes of fans too are very different from each other.

Heck, if you let people who do not know AKB listen to Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai, Tsubasa wa Iranai, NegaMochi, Teacher Teacher, and Sustainable, many of them might not think all these songs are by the same group.

Personally, Sustainable originally reminded me of Nogi's earlier singles. Then people commented it reminded them of the likes of EbiKachu. I noticed the part in the choreo where they all lined up just like in EbiKachu. So now, maybe not directly because of the music, this one makes me think of Ebikachu as well.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Is it possible that those are being bought by antis who either don't show up or just go and talk down on her?

I want the Funny reaction back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Negaigoto and Tsubasa wa Iranai - two songs I love to bits - are maybe divisive as Teacher Teacher, but they're a lot more accessible and they're two songs that highlight how good the girls singing can be. Which is good, since after all - you can't listen to choreography. There's also some precedence for their style in earlier AKB songs. I mean the same people who don't like those would probably HATE Sakura no Shiori. Which just makes them bad people.

I STILL have massive respect for whoever decided to release that song as a single. After River. Also the single has Choose Me on it, which is one of AKB's best songs. Ever. There are no words for how good that bloody song is.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    You'd think they'd go for Katomina or Ayakani instead then, rather than the OG NGT best seller. Some of these others might be empty sales but I doubt Gatanee's are.

20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

From what I remember, the reactions to Negaigoto here were quite positive. A lot of people found the choreography interesting (it was different and nice) and liked the song too. Maybe it's less discussed with time because it wasn't a hit and it didn't have too much impact, but I don't think the song was badly received though.

About the other songs discussed here, I also really love Seishun Dokei and Sakura no Shiori, they're really great. I didn't like Tsubasa wa Iranai at the time of the release but when I listened to it again now after years, it's actually quite a nice song LOL. Another song like this was So Long, back when it was released, the reactions were bad, probably because it was during the time where AKB was still in their popularity peak and So Long felt too slow or boring (tbh the Mv didn't help, but the So Long dramas were great, I loved them). Well now, after so long (pun intended LOL) I listened to So Long again and it's a really nice song actually, it didn't age badly.

I'm one of the people who don't like No Way Man but I find Teacher Teacher fine LOL mostly because it was catchy and the dance was good too. My main issue with NWM is that it had way too much vocal effects and to me the girls looked a bit crazy and all over the place when doing the choreo (I didn't like the choreo either). It just felt kinda loud and aggressive to me, but not in a good or cool way like Uza. and NWM did feel very Kpop to me unlike Teacher Teacher where it still felt like Jpop. But I guess both were kinda Kpop influenced and even had Kpop choreographers involved.

Anyway I agree that Sustainable feels more AKB than last year's singles. I agree Jiwaru Days is a bit generic, I find Sustainable less generic overall especially the verses and also the ending (tbh I thought it would end in a generic way but just adding the "zutto" made a big difference LOL). Now of course AKB is known for doing different sounds but to me NWM wasn't in the same category as Uza, Beginner etc. But AKB could still do this type of cool songs like their b-side Position in the Jabaja single is a cool song that feels totally "AKB" and Jpop.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1