1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Well, it isn't like Sasshi-Mayuyu was much of a rivalry either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Problem is ... it worked so well in the past e.g. Acchan vs. Yuko ... the whole Sousenkyo is kinda based on this and the fans mostly just love the drama.
    Btw ... those rivalries are imho mostly fan driven ... I don't really think Yuko resented Sasshii for her 'unexpected' first win

(ow, and I still think Moeka is overpushed ... and I think/suspect/am afraid there will be consequences)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm surprised to see that Hana is the second best seller at the moment (and would still be at 4th if Sakura and Nako were there). Maybe she is more popular than we gave her credit for? :fear:

She definitely didn't resent her. I remember Yuko crying tears of joy and grinning because the center pressure had been taken of her. She said how worried she had been, and how relieved she felt in that moment her name was called. She had wanted to graduate for a while, but Acchan announced it first (she had been thinking about it already back in 2012), and then Aki-P asked her to stay for a bit longer (she tells Takamina so in this Graduation Special). So I think she was relieved because someone else had taken first spot, which meant that she could graduate.

It felt more like Sasshi-Jurina to me. But even Jurina didn't stand a chance against Sasshi :^^;:

4. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Mind you, the frikkin kirin actually appeared on PAJAMA DRIVE, a KKS stage no less recently :lol::rofl:

Sorry, kind of want to unsee Moeka's duck face. [hehe] I mean...just smile without leaning forward please. Not that I don't like to see it, but...too much also not good.

Hmmm, wondering who will drop after 1st resale

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    It isn't surprising really. I think Hana has always been among the top of HKT in popularity. I remember she was doing great before she was given center. She was fairly popular for a new gen back then. It's just, perhaps, in comparison to what she has received now and the output she produces, it weighs more to former. Especially when it comes to AKB senbatsu and the tough competition for it. And well, there is also her SSK rank. But then again, it sure took some time for Nako and Miku to get where they were in SSK.

6. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Kinda off topic but outside SSK, it felt like the "rivalry" after AcchanxYuko was MayuxJurina.

I like the idea of setting up a Yuiyui x Moeka duo with Okada Nana as the "Shinoda" to complete the big 3.

• Like Like x 3
  7. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Welcome to Aki-P produced idol groups, where center girls don't even have to work handshake events or show up to live performances/concerts.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You mean the Sakamichi groups? Yeah, they got it easy. :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    Well it's my understanding, but I could of course be wrong, that back in 2008 AKB were having a very bad time of it and were close to bankruptcy with a lot of members ready to leave but Jurina brought in a lot of new fans via SKE and when they brought her over for the Oogoe Diamond single, sales started to really take off.

I can see it both ways. Yeah maybe it'd be better to set Yukirin and the others aside so the new girls can stand on their own, maybe that would be better but at the same time I just feel like it wouldn't be right not to have those members in the senbatsu so long as they're in the group or want to be. I mean maybe Yukirin would rather just be doing solo singles while being in the group somewhat, I don't know. I just feel like there needs to be acknowledgement for service and the fans they keep bringing back don't hurt either. I imagine at least a couple of them will be leaving soon so it'd be sad not to include them while we can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That is not correct.

Jurina was from a sister group to a group that was doing poorly itself and you think they brought in fans? :^^;:

The increase in sales was because this was the very first single that included handshake events.

• Winner Winner x 7
  11. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Jurina was brought to Oogoe Diamond to help SKE.

SKE helping AKB [hehe][hehe][hehe]

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I remember reading that on one of the fanwikis when I was learning about the group. I believe that wiki also stated Jurina has been in almost every AKB single since then as a "thank you" from management for saving them with Oogoe Diamond. It's an...interesting interpretation of what happened to say the least. XD

I wouldn't say no to a rivalry, but I also like the idea of AKB fronting as a unified group until they feel they're back on top. I've appreciated the recent subs where the girls are talking about pushing AKB back up together and working hard to achieve their same goals and dreams for the group, and I think that's a good theme for them right now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yunsua

Yunsua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chiba Erii
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 7
  14. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    Okay, I think we saw the exact same source then. I feel like it was from a documentary though...

I said I could be wrong! lol
    Well, like I said, I'm not a big Jurina fan so that doesn't break my heart or anything if so but now I'm really curious where I heard that from way back when because it seemed very much like it was authoritative...

Regardless, I stand by my bigger point which was the older members have contributed enough to deserve spots, nonetheless

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Jurina is obviously my kami oshi but I think it was clear to most fans that Jurina centering Oogoe was a push for her and SKE48. Her inclusion in senbatsu for the 1st year or 1st 2 years was a push until her popularity caught up.

Maybe at most, what can be spin as Jurina saving AKB would be being one of the few remaining recognizable name and face in 48G in recent years but its not just her alone. And they didn't exactly save 48G but more of kept it somehow relevant and recognizable to the public.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Even Matsui Rena after years graduated is more recognizable to the public than Jurina.
    Jurina only has fans inside of the 48 fandom but that's it. I'm pretty sure she's a nobody to the public eye.
    If I'm wrong please somebody prove it.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

^I always wonder if that's true. When I think of Matsui Rena I only remember her as a good actress who I first noticed for the role of Gekikara and of course for being the other half of W Matsui. That's it. Beyond that I know she was super good at selling out her handshake slots quickly for the majority of her time in the 48 groups and for a stint with a 46 group that resulted in a minor wave of backlash that her fans seemed to brush off like it didn't happen like the fans of said 46 group were happy she had that concurrency when they didn't really want her to have anything to do with the group at all.

Since graduation rather than have the flourishing acting career I'd expected from someone I did see shows such promise for acting she's kinda just been like most other graduates. She has jobs here and there but she's not the mega star I'd expect her to be especially considering how big of a darling she was within the 48 groups. I figure if people were correct about her being so popular with the general public she'd have way more to show for herself acting career wise now that she graduated and can focus on it.

I also think Jurina's popularity with the public is probably just as big as her own, but that they appeal to different sects within the public so they're better known by different types of people. As far as being known by the grander scale general public (that is to say everyone) in the way that everyone knows who Michael Jackson or who Leonardo DiCaprio is, I am not sure anyone in the 48 groups has that kind of notoriety not even Acchan.

As far as general recognizability is concerned it would be pretty foolish to assume Rena is more recognizable than Jurina just off the basis of how Jurina was being featured in adverts more often than she was. Much like how AKB48 often operated off an Atsumina regime, but Acchan was pushed more in adverts as the group's one true face the same was true of SKE48 especially in the group's first 2 years regardless of the W Matsui shtick.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    D8CFtdEXYAEucJH.png
    Nikkei Idol ranking form earlier this year

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 3
  19. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @Mana Thank you for posting the singing videos,she definitly can sing!!!!!.

20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    In the same set of rankings Rena is at 46.5/28 (that is, 46.5%/60%), in the same recognition column as Yuihan but much higher in interest.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019