1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[Subbed] Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Shows Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by sungjong, Nov 15, 2015.

1. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    To add to what @keyak and @Sanjuro said, it helps the variety atmosphere when there's people to lead by example. When someone can take it upon themselves to provide constant chatter, it relieves the pressure for any one individual to try and make a "useful" comment. If one person is talking, then it's easier for another to jump in, and another, and another, and suddenly the background chatter kinda never stops. To look at the Nogis and Hinatas as comparisons, who are top class in variety skill, they've always had members who get the ball rolling for talk. In the early days, when they were just starting out, it was Ikoma who did it for Nogizaka; and in Hinatazaka Sasaki Kumi is utterly fearless. What they did/do sets the comfort level for the rest of the group. Akanen and Habu-chan have made the greatest strides in working to become those kinds of leaders. Moriya is really working hard at engaging and directly talking to the MCs with her reactions, and Habu's 3-second rule is great in developing her ability to comment. I'd also throw Ozeki into that group with her recent banter with Sawabe. And Matsuda Rina will be that kind of person from the 2nd gen.

And that's another thing I've noticed between the groups. In Nogizaka and Hinatazaka, the members treat their MCs as colleagues. There's of course a level of respect and distance as per a senpai/kouhai and age-gap relationships, but aside from that, they act as collaborators on their shows, working together as entertainment industry equals to produce fun television. In Keyakizaka, I often can't shake the feeling that the members look like guests on a talk show, rather than the stars of their own show.

But they are growing (at their own pace). They're all more articulate than they've ever been, and ready to give good comments whenever called upon. The next step is working on being more proactive.

• Like Like x 3
  2. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Why everyone want Keyaki to be like the other idol group I dont get it, their charm is to be like this quiet, mysterious reserved, thye can be hype, but not all the time, stop comparing them and trying be like your average idol group, Keyaki is on a whole new level, enjoy Pechan, and Karin chan, those are their attractiveness

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Himeka's Prince

Himeka's Prince Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nakamoto Himeka, Matsui Rena
    Twitter:
    RJLee12
    JUST BE THANKFUL THAT THERE IS EVEN A KEYAKAKE AND MOVE ON. PERIOD.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Loving the discussion, but I still think the responsability of the lack of variety skills can't be placed completely on the girls.
    I think I was one of the few who actually liked KeyaBingo because at least there we see the girls actively do something instead of just sit and answer to whatever the episode theme is. Keyakitte episode where the girls are physically engaged are the best ones for me and they actually work as variety too. All the members answer well to these.
    So changing the format a bit or giving us another show would be greatly appreciated.
    Like someone else wrote, I too would like to see them with other MCs, but this is an old weak Keyakitte point for me so I won't go on about it again.
    But please, no more tons of guests. I selfishly wanna see Keyaki members

5. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    From my impressions of watching Keyakitte Kakenai I have to say that the girls and the MCs are trying their best to work with what they have. They are at least trying to make something work between them or at the very least are making an effort to make the show work. There's this feeling that I have which may explain why I feel kind of upset and unfulfilled watching this show as we have witnessed time and time again their stagnant growth of improvement but also showcasing who the girls really are.

The feeling that I get when watching this show is that the girls and the MCs are very tightly gripped on the idea of being professional. For the term professional in this context I mean being mature (I will explain this.) Throughout some time in the show Keyakitte Kakenai used to be like any ordinary idol variety show. It had programs highlighting the features and abilities the girls at the time showcased through what we normally expect to be idol variety. With the growth of Keyakizaka the girls found themselves in a place higher than they had ever expected to be. The result of this came in to be an amazing position of where they currently are. They gained traction, they gained recognition, and above all they were at the top of the world but this whole factor was mainly contributed through the source of having stellar performances and MVs but this didn't actually come in the result of their variety program which attributed to some deals but not a great deal enough to harbor the results equal to that of what they are actually known for (meaning performances, MVs, choreography, etc.) This then lead to the result of what may seem to be their first signs of stagnant growth to appear that has been on repeat throughout the course so far.

With the knowledge in mind of their growth, the Keyakizaka girls didn't have time to fully flesh out their characters as a whole and some parts of it became missing or withdrawn in the process of this result. The situation we have at hand is very hard to recognize when we are more familiar with them in association with their amazing MVs and performances when their variety program is in actuality what we actually need more than anything to learn more about the girls themselves other than them only being recognized for being stellar performers and singers. The relationship this brings to the table is met with many conflicts for both parties of the girls and the MCs themselves. Concerning the MCs, I understand their struggle to make the best out of any situation and the most recent episode highlighted some of their most apparent work in progress problems but so far they've been playing their hands extremely carefully. I feel kinda bad for them because I know they can do so much more but they are too tightly knit into this to make any kind of moves beyond what may seem difficult and bold at this point.

Before wrapping this up I want to mention the professional term/context from earlier on and how it relates to what is happening now. I want to mention that this is what I see and what I think is happening as of recent in concerns of their variety program and how it'll play into the future. To associate why I think this professional conduct and atmosphere is in place is to take in consideration that maybe their direction of what their trying to do in this approach is to meet the standards of what they expect of their industry maybe? To meet the standards and expectations of the industry and not of the idol is what I get from reading this whole situation. From earlier on, I did mention before that their true recognition lies in the MVs and performances given. What if by taking this into account the feeling of the show began gravitating their idols to behave in a conduct similar to the atmosphere of their MVs and songs not that any of this is wrong but it's just that before anything else they are idols before being named what we secondly tend to think of them as which is artists. This here is me probably going beyond the help/save me point but these are just my feelings so far. With this in mind the many decisions to which they can go about it can be taken in multiple ways but the path of what they choose is uncertain but whatever path it is I hope it's for the better. I remember that curiosity killed the cat but curiosity also brought the cat back to life. I hope this gives some insight of what I feel about the relationship of what has the girls and the MCs in this current position.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    There is nothing wrong with wanting to see your favorite group improve on a skill they lack confidence in. It's obviously an issue that gets brought up a lot here, because many of us actually care about the groups improvements. If you don't care that's fine but don't tell people to stop comparing them to their sister groups on a forum made for discussions like this. :flower:

No one made any bad comments so there's no need to get aggressive with the caps lock button.

Heh, if the forums only had "wow omg" "amazing" "they can do no wrong" with no active discussion on every single thread, it would die out very quickly.

IA, I definitely wouldn't blame the girls entirely for the very slow improvements. While KeyaMC's are very good and we can see how much they care about the girls, they take a very delicate approach to hosting the show I think. Muramoto has his 'dirty' persona on AKBingo which, while heavily criticized at first, definitely helped the new generation members in developing their variety skills rapidly in a way that Bad Boys did for the original members. I feel like Tsucchi and Sawabe may be too kind to push the girls in that same way Woman Rush Hour do, which is why i suggest another show with new mcs, and keep keyakitte as a kinda talk show (it pretty much already is lol).
    It's good to provide the girls the opportunity to improve, because being good at variety also means working on your confidence. At the same time, keyakitte provides them somewhat of a safe space to freely chat about various topics which also develops their communication skills (telling a funny story that clicks, reading the atmosphere etc) which are also good traits for an idol. If the girls can master that, they'll be unstoppable haha.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 7
  7. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Get it over this girls are not going to be forced too look like the other groups with fake reaction and laugh, they show their true feelings and reactions be thankfull of that they are real with every comment and what they do and how they act they are not faking anything, they have improve and you cant see it just because you want them to be the exact copy of the others, just get it over and enjoy the show and how our girls are, you wont find that in any place else

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I respectfully disagree.

You seem really bitter so i hope you're having a good day lmao

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

After a successful Tokyo Dome, looks like Keya fans can finally forget about the bad/negative things & rejoice. We are in a rebound, looking forward to the 9th single.:)

• Like Like x 2
  10. GenKelC

GenKelC Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Not bitter at all, just having a respectful discussion/conversation just a lil bit mad cause people want to Keyaki be your average idol, when they are just like your girls next door vibe with an artsy vibe, what you see is what they are, enjoy it, if you dont like it too bad for you, but in my eyes you can see they are doing their best and imporving everyday, but also keeping that mysteriuos feel, they can act "ponkotsu" and have fun but at their style, and thats what us real keyaki fans enjoy

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nakamuraada

Nakamuraada Kenkyuusei

We want member to improve their variety skill like other idol group it's not a bad thing, it will make member more known and they will probably get invited to another show more often which is a good thing. This is entertainment world after all. Beside they're performance on the stage, they need to develop variety skill to promote themselves more often.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Different fans have different preferences, and it doesn't make any of us less of a Keyaki fan to simply want the girls to gain better variety skills. It's not something we're making up either, it's even a running joke within the show that the girls haven't shown much improvement in variety even after 3+ years. The girls themselves know it, the MCs know it, the fans know it (and the antis especially know it!). And nobody's asking the girls to act like an "average idol group" (I wouldn't even say your "average idol" is supposed to be good at variety because lots of idols just plain aren't - Hinata is the exception here), but that the members can use some improvement, that's all. It's okay to critique, like @minaeshi said, we're all Keyakizaka fans here. Critiquing can lead to some fascinating insights like what @Zaebore (great post, btw) wrote up there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. devildante

devildante Member

a nice dialogue here guys. for me, I love keyaki as they are now, but yes, improvement in variety skills are good

by improving in their variety skills, I'm sure that keyakitte will be more interesting, not saying that it's not interesting now

MCs fault? I don't think so. Both Sawabe and Tsuchi are great. If you see their other shows, you'll see that they're giving their best to match keyaki's pace. I think it's time for the members to improve and trying give their better than now

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I actually enjoy the quiet, calm atmosphere that Keyakake gives. While I prefer AKBingo (the older episodes with the older gens and Bad Boys), Japanese variety can be tough and just (idk if this is the right word but) condescending. There are segments that they purposedly make the girls suffer for variety and I don't appreciate that. I feel like Keyakake is a small talk show where the girls can actually stay true with their awkwardness with occasionally funny moments, and the MCs are in pace with the girls too. I especially enjoy episodes when the girls film outsides and actually talk/have fun with each other, I hope we can have more of those. I didn't really like Keyabingo (they do have some pretty good segment like Danso and stuff) because of some of the weird things they made the girls do that obviously cater to male fans. Those moments give me goosebumps and not in a good way. People do have different preference for variety. I personally am not into the very bright/active/loud kind of idols (AKB older gens are an exception).

• Like Like x 2
  15. dragonfrommars

dragonfrommars Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    i don't know about changing MCs. imo, i think these 2 have the hardest job out of all the idol show hosts. i'm not sure too many other guys could make this show enjoyable because literally.. the effort is like 98% MCs & 2% the girls and that's why Keyabingo didn't work for me. because you have to be super dedicated to pull off a variety show with such introverted variety cast members

so yeah, i personally, the only way i'd want to see new MCs, are if it's Woman's Rush Hour, that would be cool as fuck seeing Muramoto interact with the girls.. and now that i think about it, those guys are about to be unemployed right? they should do a new season of Keyabingo with Woman's Rush Hour. Imagine how funny that could turn out!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nekko-Desu

Nekko-Desu Future Girls

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 6
  17. NogiLover

NogiLover Kenkyuusei

Thanks Nekko-Desu

18. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I dunno, I actually enjoyed Keyabingo too for what its worth. Granted some segments felt off but I do have favorites like the Danso Contest, Beat Sugai Yuuka contest and the dokkirri episodes. I liked Keyaroom too, since its all about the girls. No opinion on Sandwich Man as hosts - sometimes they can be on point, but it felt off to me most of the time. I do like the idea of Woman Rush Hour hosting a revived Keyabingo - why was it cancelled anyway?

Part of what made me love KeyaKake are also the hosts. Tsucchi and Sawabe are great dudes who really care about Keyaki. I wouldn't mind another sports festival episode or couple location shoots soon.

• Like Like x 2
  19. devildante

devildante Member

Is it cancelled? I thought it was just postponed since they're having hinabingo 2 at the moment.

I never seen 2 Bingo beside AKBINGO in the same moment though

Sent from My Loli World

20. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I actually don't know if its cancelled or postponed, but from what I know it was Hiragana Keyaki (now Hinatazaka) who did Keyabingo 4

Maybe Keyabingo 5 will be announced soon? One can only hope.