1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @tuxedo_gin

I have only returned tickets once, and it was a real pain. I had to pack up and send them not only the tickets, but also the CDs and the photos, then wait for them to send me a check, which I had to have a friend help me cash since I didn't live here at the time. What I'm saying is that I personally don't think it is worth the effort, and you will be much better served by using them for oshi-mashi.

BTW, I'm not sure if they have simplified the process since the time I did it was a long time ago. (They were Meetan handshake tickets, just to give you an idea)

Something else to keep in mind, if any of the members you are going to see have a starred lane and it is 30 minutes into the slot or later, you can always use those tickets in combination with the tickets of the member you are seeing for a longer handshake. Just a thought.

2. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Yeah, probably not worth the effort for just two tickets. I'll just try to oshimashi them along with the four tickets I have for the 6th slot. Thanks.

3. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Agree with those above. Just use it as extra 20 seconds for anyone you go for oshimashi with.
    The process took so long, except you have 10-20+ I do suggest to just use it for oshimashi.
    Pro tip: Tada Kyoka said she is available for oshimashi on 9th [hehe]

4. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

I just registed chara-ani account but I'm facing an issue. The account name only accepts kanji/katakana but my name on pp is written by romanji (I asked my friends and they helped me to translate my name from romanji to katakana). Are there any problems once I go to HS event? I really want to meet Renacchi and Sakki, also Hinapyo because as I see, many said she's good at hs

5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The first time I had tickets I used Katakana as I didn't know that it was possible to create an account using my name in Romaji. Everything turned out totally OK although as always I first got my tickets stamped at the information desk. However I then discovered how to enter names in Romaji, you have to use full-width characters all in capitals, so for the next time I just deleted my original account and created a new one using Romaji in my main name entry.

(If you haven't yet applied for any tickets you can go into your account and replace your Katakana name with your Romaji one.)

• Like Like x 2
  6. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Thank you for your answer. And in case I win some tickets, can I register another address for them to send package rather than my account adress? Fortune music let fans use another address and name after winning but I dont know about chara-ani

7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I can't see any method of entering a second address on Chara-ani but I could be wrong, however I've only ever needed to enter the address of the person who performs the proxy service for me in Japan. (To clarify, the tickets are sent to his address but with my name on the package as the recipient, although he of course receives the package on my behalf.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Have you applied for some tickets? For resale rounds usually it is cash on delivery only. Be careful with that.

Also, this list might help you if you need one. https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/link/sougou_en.html

• Like Like x 1
  9. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    You can't change address for delivery after application, and as far as I know, changing address, name spelling etc. between different rounds of the same single can lead to problems and make your tickets invalid. You can use the tickets if your name is in katakana (just get them stamped first) but don't change your name in the system now if you already applied for tickets using your katakana name.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. kyokokazuski

kyokokazuski Kenkyuusei

hi, i have a stupid question. if i buy a cd from Amazon and have a HS ticket, can i use it anyhow?

11. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    You can use it at a nationwide handshake for that single.

12. kyokokazuski

kyokokazuski Kenkyuusei

i see, thank you ^^

13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Anyone can say if the foreign MasterCards are still not accepted on chara-ani ?

14. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    My understanding is that it's a case by case thing. I haven't recently, but I used a MasterCard from the US successfully before. Some cards/banks work, others do not.

15. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Are there anyone who will join the 23rd IHS? I won 4 tickets for 1&2 section. It's my 1st time joining a handshake event so i'm kinda worried right now.iwould love to meet any 48G forgein fans in the event ^^

16. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Don't be worried. It's a lot of fun, and pretty easy to figure out. Unfortunately, I'm not going to another until December.

17. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    The new chara-ani terms of service explicitly have a clause saying they can terminate your account if they find out you don't live in Japan :cold: seriously wtf? These people hate money or?

18. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Sounds like another punch in the face of overseas-fans for when we can visit JP again...
    Honestly I don't get why they are trying to appeal to foreign markets every once in a while

• Like Like x 1
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I suppose that's a consequence of too many abuses from foreign fans, especially from China, who have a tendency of sharing online talks sessions.

It seems it more specifically comes from Hitomi's fans who hope that she would come back to Korea thanks to this rule breaking strategy.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Then it's a stupid way of punishing a whole group for the misconduct of few (kinda like Showroom did as well)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1