1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    "There is nothing else that resembles the music of Keyakizaka46. No other group depicts conflicting emotions equivalently"

I'm glad that someone who must know more about Japan music than us said this. We are not delulu after all~~

lol it's too cute and Matsuri said she was too shy to talk to Techi so she send a mail ahah

Yes I agree but I don't know if they have worked on it yet. They knew about the senbatsu selection in July but I think they have been busy to prepare the tour. I don't think they had time to make the 9th single.
    We may have to wait November at least...I hope they don't wait to 2020...

• Like Like x 2
  2. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Shii-chan has such a great way with words, I vote that she and Pon should be designated the official bloggers of the group.

I especially loved the part when she said "the 30 of us stood on Tokyo Dome", acknowledging the 4 graduated members who clearly made their mark in Keyaki's history and accomplishments.

Oh my, I'm just melting here. If anyone had any reservations on how 1st gen would react to/accept 2nd gen entrance, I think we can all rest assured from the numerous blog posts, mobames, and interviews that the entire group seems to be thriving on good teamwork right now. 2ki has been such a blessing for the group, indeed :]

3. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

That girl in the video is kinda cute, and she has other Keyakizaka46-related videos on YouTube. Too bad a universal translator is not in place yet!

4. Tanoichan

Tanoichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Harada Aoi
    I won't say anything about Tokyo dome yet. I'm still looking for Aotan, Naako and Mii-chan in pics and searching information on how they performed. :huh:

Fortunately, Risa is really popular and I saw her name in the reports a couple of times.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I know keyaki had humble beginnings but I didn't know it was that humble. I mean, I know about the omitatekai but didn't know about them having their first handshake event at the corner of a shopping mall! All this & in just four years, they successfully filled up Tokyo dome. I really wanna cry now!
    https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1175628711997001728?s=19

• Like Like x 6
  6. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

It seems Keyakizaka46 won an award for Best Group Video (for Black Sheep)? Can other people confirm this?:)

7. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    They won Best Group Video at the MTV Video Music Awards Japan for Kuroi Hitsuji.

The rest of the winners are listed here but you'll probably need a VPN to access it. For me it just redirects to the UK MTV site.
    http://www.mtvjapan.com/vmaj/2019/winners

8. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Didn't know they gave awards for 2019 while the year is still going. Interestingly enough, Hinatazaka46 won Best Choreography (for Kyun). I guess the best group video doesn't necessarily have the best choreography? I wonder what their criteria is. Anyway, at least 2 Sakamichi groups won some MTV awards.

9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I never take this kind of awards seriously.
    They are either based on popular vote, which just means fanbases who make more noise or vote more win, (much like it happen in kpop every week regardless of the actual quality of the songs) or winner are just pushed by the respective agencies, which is something that happen since forever in every country lol
    Sometime the quality of the product and the final results match... after watching last year choreo winner (E-girls) I was amazed and puzzled by the difference, honestly.
    No idea who won 2018 group VM though. Does anyone knows?

10. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

It was still keyaki who won with 'Ambivalent'

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Really?
    This surprises me a little, but Ambivalent video never clicked for me except for the fact they put all member's name in, which was more out of love for the group and fans than about the video itself.. thanks for the answer though, I may saw it last year and completely forgot about

12. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Like you said, it's mostly fans voting. Kuroi hitsuji quite deserves this year's award though, fan votes or not. I am even 60% sure it might win this year's Japan Record Award ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Ambivalent is quite good, though. Maybe not as good as other Keyaki PV but good regardless.

The concept is interesting and it takes a unique perspective of summer. Not to mention the choreography.

But I agree that usually such awards are not to be taken seriously. It still makes me proud to stan Keyaki, though.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Xiphyas

Xiphyas Next Girls

Oshimen:
    みなさん 美玖をお寿司かない
    Important or not, an award will be always good for a group. This attract media, new fans and make the group image stronger.

Every media exposure helps the group to be better know through the country and even overseas.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

As far as I am concerned, Keya should have won the Japan Record (or Song) of the Year for Silent Majority (and Fukyouwaon). My theory is that the lyrics are too strong for the people in general and the powers to be wanted to go the safer route. Keyakizaka46 is already due for the award.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Just thinking about it now the setlist for Tokyo Dome made sense. There were nothing else to perform from unit and solo songs.

Most popular unit songs were performed by graduated aces like Zuumin and Neru. They lost a good chunk of songs because they graduated. Mngmt picked all popular unit songs they could find. Unit songs from Yuichanzu was not possible without Zuumin. And unit songs with Neru would only sound strange without her.

And when you remove all those songs you are left with Hiragana songs they can't take. So it was really necessary to implement a senbatsu system. Tokyo Dome was a nice send off to the old era. But all member senbatsu songs will not change with one single they will still be in majority of all their songs. It will probably take a second album for things to change on a concert.

Mngmt's biggest challenge is now to find new solo singers within the group and other talent that can utilize and make the group even more popular to get more fans. I think mngmt should consider Run-chan's talent on drums. She plays both Japanese and normal drums. Her style is speed.

I will be very careful regarded kenshusei members but every day there is new info popping up and even a rumor on 5ch. I think I wait until all members have been introduced which is on Sep 27. Some juicy info I could share about selected kss for Keyaki.

17. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Eeh .... I don't think it's about that.

For example, Bokutachi no Sensou is popular. So are the members in the unit. It's performed in both 2017 and 2018 Republic—I don't remember about 2019. But it's not performed in Tokyo Dome even though all original members were present.

There is also Habu chan and Pon unit. Both of them are popular, but the song doesn't get much exposure, though.

I think rather than "can't perform this song because certain members have graduated", it's more because of the theme that Keyaki wants to deliver. I mean, every Keyaki concert is like that.

If they can't perform certain songs simply because certain members have graduated, then I think they won't perform Waon since Neru chan is very prominent in that song, second only after Tecchan.

They wouldn't perform Bathroom Travel as well, Neru chan was the center! But they performed the song in 2019 Republic.

Considering these, reading what Sugai sama said about the setlist, and reading Fuu chan's blog about the set, I don't think that's the case.

But of course, I might be wrong.

18. mchellelz

mchellelz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Bokutachi no Sensou is performed though. You might have missed it because of the translation.

19. cotd

cotd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Just double check it and you're right. Thanks! :flower:

20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Do you know how or when will be announced in which group which girl goes?
    Did Sakamichi United said something about that?

• Like Like x 1