1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Golgo13

Golgo13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Otani Emiri
    Last year in December or maybe this year's January some weeks were skipped. Many other weeks as well but I think those were the most recent ones.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Thanks for the info.

I have asked, because I have observed, that carry, about two years they have been removing idol programs on TV.

And I have the impression that it is closely related by the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

It must be my impression.:hmm:

• Like Like x 1
  3. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    I doubt it. There was nothing overly offensive about AKBINGO. If it is true, what are they gonna do next, remove the whole of Akihabara from maps?

CHyeah, when the Olympics does roll into town, Akiba's local economy is going to make everyone around them look like a joke.

• Like Like x 2
  4. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    To be honest, and I mentioned it before, I wouldn't be really surprised if there will be an effort to 'clean up' Akihabara, which could start with removing the more extreme H advertising stuff from the buildings and might even end with banning the maid cafe girls from the streets, etc..
    But I agree, ending AKBingo, I don't see the connection ... and it's kinda useless anyway, everybody must have seen the cicada blowing contest by now :)

But ... Japan being so conscious about it's image in the west (read the US) and trying not to offend America sensibilities ... it's not a good thing imho

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Sounds like a net positive for Akiba to be honest. It's okay for the H stuff to be there but not out on the street for all to see. If people want that stuff, they know exactly where to look for it. It's not like it'll cost much business not having a half naked loli painted on the wall outside or a teenaged mother struggling to make ends meet standing on the corner in an outfit that would make an NFL cheerleader blush.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Finally watched the last ep and I also teared up a lot, especially when Oya revealed how much WRH wanted to include Macharin. I really hope the girls can receive another show in the future!

Now, time for a Bingo rewatch!

• Like Like x 4
  7. juguete

juguete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    i dont know.... im sad... the weeks will be more longers for me... actually i like the mondays just because the thuesday was "akbingo day"... i dont know... THIS IS A SH1T!!! i can be 2 weeks without akbingo... but after that i will be more sad i think... after that 2 weeks i will be fvcking depressed :cry2:

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Macharin also posted a long appreciation on instagram.

"I was really happy to meet AKBINGO! Thank you so much.
    Even after the broadcast was over,
    my most favorite program is `` AKBINGO! ''

[​IMG]

https://www.instagram.com/p/B21DDOcp0BE/

• Like Like x 5
  9. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    I hope they got to keep some mementos like those name badges or pieces of the set. They would've been jazzed with a good gesture like that. An important piece of AKB history for them to keep.

• Like Like x 3
  10. renggadhitama

renggadhitama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kousaka Marino
    Twitter:
    renggadhitama
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

I really hope the graduated members got to keep theirs. Hopefully Moeno also got her life-size hazukashii makeup cutout

• Like Like x 3
  12. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

FLASH.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I don't think that's a big factor tbh. This year AKB has lost AKBingo, ANN, AKBshow, I think the NGT scandal had an effect, maybe not the biggest factor but I'd bet it was in the background when media organisations were making their plans for the next years programming.

But I think the biggest issue is that it's an "end of an era" thing. Historically if you look back, Morning Musume ruled the roost from about 2000-2006 but they imploded and there was a gap in the market and AKB seized it. No-one could have predicted that AKB's run would last this long, but eventually every group runs out of steam sooner or later. Now Sakamichi rule the roost but variety isn't a big thing for them (keyakizaka are legendarily bad at variety), they are more into fashion and other shit.

I just feel sorry for the younger 48-group members because AKBingo was a good training ground and managed to give a lot of girls confidence and helped to bring out their character.

it's already to an extent ruined 48 group's gravure.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I suspect the part about the teenaged mothers is conjecture (imho it's just another arubaito) ... and I don't think you have taken a good look at NFL cheerleader outfits ...

This ^

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Robu

Robu Kenkyuusei

@Lusankya and @GEES THANK YOU for the final episode and especially THANK YOU for all the many subs you did! At this point I've watched every episode except the handful of old ones with no subs.

AKBingo was crucial to me learning about idol culture and especially getting to know the girls, especially as new girls joined. I will miss it terribly, and hope something new is in the works.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

Was there ever an official reason for all those shows ending? Were they all intended to only run a certain amount of seasons? or was the whole NGT incident something that really hit the nail in the coffin

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

The answer is as simple as Business they probably dont make any profit from any of those shows anynore

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    We'll never know the real reasons though.
    It's probably a mix of those.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Not sure if the decision was the sudden one or if they have decided long before it was announced, but it seems rushed, like they are trying to end it with 555th episode (at least that's what they claimed it to be). For sure, they could get like 10 episodes to revisit all the interesting games since they didn't even have enough time to have a bit of shoujiki shogi, muchaburi dodge ball, the fast food game etc, and the past clips they had shown were just far from enough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    — Why don't we produce an AKB48 variety show?
    — Sounds like a great idea. For how many seasons?
    — I don't know... Maybe 44?

• Creative Creative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1