1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    There's still Pledis though.
    And I don't think Pledis was also involved in this

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Or maybe the J-lines are good people, so instead of thinking about what will they benefit from this relationship, they will want to stay and overcome hardships with people who they cherish as their friends/ family?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Did Volkswagen stop producing cars after it's scandal?

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Not sure what exactly you meant but the earnings go to shareholders right? Not to the execs -- maybe they earn bonuses for hitting revenue goals though. But mostly exec positions are still just paid positions, they own very little stock if at all of the actual company.

Anyway, must be really tough for the girls not being able to even go out I guess. Just cooped up in their apartments waiting for what's to happen. And did I read it right that only the X1 trainees that appeared to have been cheated-out and the ones that were cheated-in are going to be questioned? So the same should apply to Izone when it's their turn. Anyway, since this seems like it is going to take a long time, the ball seems to be on EJ/Mnet/OTR as to what to do. Maybe the decision is to make the girls suffer more so they get more sympathy from the public.

5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    ^
    The companies as moral persons in the 1st place
    Nope (not the same company size / number of employees though)
    And if you want a compare, the scandal damaged their image.
    Not sure if they suffered lost of advertising contracts and lowered production. If so some employee who did nothing wrong may loose their jobs.
    Difference, these will never get any sympathy from the public.

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 7
  7. ikyu828

ikyu828 Kenkyuusei

8. terpcity1999

terpcity1999 Kenkyuusei

I think IZ*ONE is too popular and too lucrative to be disbanded.

The scandal will hurt them in Korea. I don’t think they’ll get anymore advertisements and their TV show options will be much more limited. They’ll also have a lot more haters. However, their fandom is strong, and there’s still money to be made selling albums and hosting concerts.

I also think their promotions in Japan will hardly be affected at all. They’ve been doing well and will continue to do well.

9. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Sooner or later IZONE still disband. Maybe IZONE being locked in basement and disband after 1.5 years is the thing which fans desire. Please let the girls be free right now. :worthy:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mancave

Mancave Kenkyuusei

The problem is the Izone members are implicated in a fraud whether they knew about it or not. That's a bell that can't be unrung. If the groups continue to promote, they will get hate forever. It is going to get worse because they're a girl group. Imagine they are going vlive now. They have fans backed them up but at the same time the most toxic knetz would smashing them in the comments like sharks smells blood in the water. Disbandment would be a mercy. But i’m optimistic for j-lines have better path after this in japan.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

And they won't get bashed when trying solo activity? I think, a disbandment is reasonable, if the public has a negative view on the group as a whole, but as far as I know, the public is quite supportive towards IZ*One. A disbandment would mean to split the fanbase and hence the support. Moreover, Starship was already in a bad shape due to that Monsta X stuff. So Wonyoung and Yujin might disappear for an uncertain amount of time and their popularity will be down to zero again. No one knows about Woollim, the same might happen to Eunbi and Chaewon. At this point, I see the group at a stronger position than the girls on a solo trip. Of course, it depends on how long the hiatus will take.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. terpcity1999

terpcity1999 Kenkyuusei

In kpop, getting hate is almost a fact of life once you're popular enough. Some of these girls have already experienced it during PD48 like Yujin. No doubt this scandal stings, but it'll lessen as time moves on. There will be other scandals elsewhere, and the haters will find other things to hate on.

The bigger reason to continue, though, is that IZ*ONE still has a ton of fan support. I'd be willing to bet if they released BLOOM*IZ today they'd still get at least 200k sales and big concerts. Very, very few girl groups can do that. If they disband, there's absolutely no guarantee they'll ever see those numbers again for the majority of these girls. This may very well be the peak of their idol careers for some of them, hobbled as it may be from the scandal. Letting that go would almost be more damaging both to the girls and the fans.

Both from a business perspective and from a career perspective it makes sense to continue.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

I guess KBS News reported that the police aren't planning to (or had never even planned to?) interview/investigate trainees since this is a issue between the staff.

14. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I guess this comment of mine will be very unpopular, but I think revealing the "real ranking" is the only way to save the image of some members. With this controversy all of the members were harmed, no one was safe. All of them are seen (by netizens and some people in the industry) as if they get into the group because of the rigging (which is technically true because of the news that mentioned the top 20 was already determined before the voting started). So revealing how were the votes in the final is way to lessen the damage, at least for some members, at least it can let them to have a plenty career without having the burden of being seen as "rigged members". While K-Wizone focus on protect those members who got in because all of this, they won't have it easy but I'm confident that fans will always support them, specially if they're a few. They won't be in IZ*ONE forever even if the group becomes permanent, so it's better to ensure a solid career after disbanding the most it can be.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  15. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I mean, if you care so much about how others (non-fans) might think negatively about their image, isn’t that the same cowardly behavior from Korean companies that are dropping them in the first place?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    The problem is that those cowards companies are the ones who control the industry, whether we like it or not it's like that. The damage to the girls is already done, their association to this controversy is there even if they are all innocent (which I strongly believe they are). This will follow them forever, just look at W1. Even with the PD saying he didn't rig season 2 hasn't stopped all the speculation about which members got into W1 because of the rigging. People point their fingers to certain members without any proof, they could be legitimately in the group but people still see them as rigged members. And that's the same with IZ*ONE and even worse with the confession of votes manipulation in PD48. If IZ*ONE were a permanent group where all the members are guaranteed to be in it forever then It'd make more sense to not revel the "real ranking" but since the group is meant to disband in 2021 the girls will have to follow their own paths and have to deal with the controversy forever, all of them will. And there won't be any big company or conglomerate to protect them when those were the ones who started this. Not revealing how cots were in the final won't protect the girls at all. It will only add more and more suspense and speculation, not only to us the fans but also the girls, because I think none of them can say for sure if they're in the legitimately or because of the rigging, that could also affect them. At least by revealing it there's some hope because it could decrease the damage and at least the girls who are in the group without the manipulation have chances of following a career without any problem. And it could let the k-fans protect the girls who got in because of this. It'd be harder trying to protect the 12 of them if the ranking is not revealed than protecting 3 or 4 if the ranking is revealed.
    Please don't hate, I love this group so much but I'm also trying to be realistic in thinking about the best solution to all of this for the girls.

17. Henry Dill

Henry Dill Kenkyuusei

In Korea, when the public believes that you have done something wrong, you need to halt your activities and "reflect", and you need to "reflect" for a suitable period not just a couple of weeks. If you don't KNetz will hound you forever. Examples are BOM from 2NE1 and Tiffany from SNSD. The media has only just un-blacklisted Tiffany and her scandal was in mid 2016. The girls from the companies that bribed the PD need to be careful or their careers are over in Korea. Their companies only care about money, so if they believe the girls will damage a new group, they will not re-debut for the rest of their contracts.

• Agree Agree x 8
  18. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

I'm so against revealing the rankings. Sure this means that hate would be spread to everyone, but as it would be ambiguous, it wouldn't be nearly as harsh compared to if actual names were revealed.

It would brand them with a scarlet letter that would make the current negativity seem like nothing. Considering Korea's high suicide rate, it would feel a little too close to human sacrifice then I feel comfortable with.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  19. Mancave

Mancave Kenkyuusei

It is just inevitable some members carrier have done after izone like eunbi as she is too old for redebuting again, starship duo might be disappear as starship involvement in the rigging is very obvious, and of course the other members that cheated-in whether by her company or herself.

Yes open the data as broad as it can. Let the truth show itself and let the public decide. If the members are clean they would be get sympathy and have better carrier. At this point I pity those members who is dragged down by other members who involved (by her company) to the rigging. Lets just face some members would not recover from it and their careers is done. But there is still member who can continue their careers but being dragged down by the others Thats why i called for disbandment. The damage had been done and those who are affected can not do much about it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Even with this ambiguous situation, the girls are having a hard time as it were confirmed that all of them members got into the group because of the manipulation. So I think the worst is already happening to them, and not revealing the rankings won't any better for the girls. You also should consider that this unclear situation could emotionally affect the girls, and could even worse. Some of them could be thinking everyday if they are in the group legitimately or not, so if the ranking is not revealed they'll be like that forever and that's not good at all for their health.

While I agree with most of your comment I think disbanding is too much, I think I can only accept the idea if being in the group is emotionally affecting the girls and if they're asking to leave. I guess we only have to wait and see what will happen.