1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. welp

welp Next Girls

2. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    If you guys follow their news on Naver these days, you will see that all the top comments are supporting them. The fact that they are being supported not only from their fans but also from the general public is a huge deal.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/018/0004515433

And I believe that the more top guys from Mnet and CJ being questioned by the police, the more sympathy and support they will receive from Korean public.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  3. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

Not in anyway questing them having a hard time, but imagine being the 1-3 members that then gets publicly outed as a rigged member. It would be so much worse. If the members really want to know, and a list is available to them, it should be told to them privately not publicly.

Currently, the storm seems to be blowing over a bit. The articles and comments online seem to be getting more positive. Their haters might now feel more justified in their toxicity, but they weren't going to support Izone anyways. The impression I have, the general public tends to not care about kpop and kpop related stuff anyways, unless you at the very top like BTS/Twice. Groups tend to relay upon their fan base and this issue has shown their fan base to be very supportive and very large. A public list would reignite the controversy and probably kick start a "kick this member out" movement by the haters and if anyone were to leave the group, I could see it souring/ruin the entire atmosphere of the group for both the members and fan base.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Mancave

Mancave Kenkyuusei

Better to be slapped with the truth rather than kissed with a lie. I see your point and I agree with the most of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. welp

welp Next Girls

I think, at this point, to reveal the true vote result is the best option. Sooner or later, from names of agencies involving the vote manipulation, netizens will pretty much figure out who were rigged in anyway. Starship has its VP caught for bribing. How will Yujin and Wonyoung, members from this agency, be saved from criticisms with or without the revelation? More officials from music agencies will be charged and members from these agencies will be next targets.

If the real result is revealed, rigged out trainees will know the truth and, CJ ENM will be pressured to compensate them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Been browsing Korean sites these days and I have barely seen any harsh comment toward either of them. In fact, "punish the adults who committed crimes, not young children" always get the most upvotes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bluefalcon347

bluefalcon347 Kenkyuusei

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    It's really no surprise at this point. Very sad.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    If I see the support is strong enough so the girls can go back to promote like nothing happened in Korea then I'll change my mind.
    As I previously mentioned with the fact that the top 20 was decided before the final voting round started, it can be told that all the members are in the group because of the rigging because that's what technically happened. And they're all being treated like that. I mean the girls are not only dealing with haters (which is not a big deal in my opinion) but they're also dealing the cancellation of their appearances in various shows and of course the postponement of their comeback. So the issue is more serious than just dealing with haters.
    TBH, I don't see how kicking out "rigged members" or even disbanding" will help to the group when it's birth is based on this controversy, and what's the point of considering taking them out when it's a temporary group in first place? So a disbandment is inevitable.
    Well I kind of agree with you in the part of telling the girls privately their "real place", and they decide if they want to announce it to the public or not.

10. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    • Like Like x 5
  11. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Waiting for someone posting "it's all because that rigged vote scandal!!!1" :fear:

12. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Mnet is trying to come up with countermeasures, include apology, compensation plans + contract renewal.

http://naver.me/FhpBh1y8

• Like Like x 1
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Well, before coming to any conclusions, was it certain they were going to be invited in the 1st place ?
    Probable maybe. Hard to say.
    I checked Oricon again and no big things since the movie postponment.
    So i'd stay cautious.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well at lest there's the possiblity that there was room for only one new Aki-P group and Hinatazaka was the chosen one. Maybe.
    I wonder if they're thinking about making the group permanent or could they be allowing the girls to promote in other groups?

15. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Where are those ppl that say only i.o.i was the 'clean' group from PD series?:fear:, i post it here few days ago, yet been disagreed with, due to few members is missing? [hehe]now you know the real reason why they postponed i.o.i reunion cb, gonna see the fans reaction of both s1 s2 group, large portion of them are mocking izone and x1

Stripping the winners titles from the group, and debuting the real winner in new group, without disbanding the old one will benefit more to group like izone and x1 due to their fanbase, and terror to the real one cuz they might getting hates more than supports,

• Like Like x 3
  16. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

This Brad Moore (of Busker Busker) interview is quite interesting in order to understand how MNet survival show work.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...radley-ray-moore-accidentally-conquered-k-pop

And this is the rebuttal of it (sort of)

https://www.soompi.com/article/537809wpp/brad-moore-of-busker-busker-reveals-all-about-superstar-k

Therefore the main question is the voting controversy in Produce 101 is really that shocking, something that we don't realise it at all or something that being under our nose all along?

17. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Lol, because mnet severely damaged their future prospects (their ability to join other groups or have individual careers), then mnet should take responsibility for their future careers and make izone a permanent group.

And thanks biboloxo for posting many/most of the positive news -- this is a really bad time and these are really welcome.

I guess I should save up and be ready to buy many more copies of bloomiz than I had intended to if the opportunity arises. Hopefully this happens before chaewon's hair grows long again.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    Most people had known of it. But they seem didn't really care.
    Before PDX101 was finished, there's been no effort from the people or the police to make an investigation about the rigging in the Produce series.
    WoW, the kpop fangirls are really the most dangerous entity in the world. :fear:

19. HappySakuraHappy

HappySakuraHappy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    We’ve always known the series was rigged though. In season 1, it was mostly evil editing although there was suspicion of more. Season 2 it was when they posted the wrong photo of the lineup & they claimed it was just a mistake based on old votes. With PD48, it was mostly the issue about plane tickets or something. I didn’t really watch X so I don’t know. There were more reasons of course, but those are the bigger things I remember happening. The only difference now is that we know it’s rigged for sure but not to what extent.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    There's a huge difference between evil editing and giving favored contestants more positive screentime from manipulating the vote counts.

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken but for P48 and PX101, the accusations are to the extent of vote manipulation, right? Is this also the case for the 1st two seasons?

• Agree Agree x 2