Produce 101 Japan

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by welp, Apr 11, 2019.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  2. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    Looks like they're having position battles next:

if the video does not show watch the video here

3. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    The show really gets it right by having position battles first, which is unlike previous Produce shows. This allows the trainees to perform at their strengths before facing possible elimination.

As I watch this show, I think the majority of the trainees probably would audition for EXILE group if it weren’t for this opportunity. But as Kawashiri said, he really doesn’t want to be just a back dancer so this show presents a great opportunity. (Exile groups are always a lot of dancers and very few vocalists)

4. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
  5. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Despite Hico's stellar performance he fell from Top 11 this week... keeping him until last was bad for his rank, I know the producers wanted to keep the best for last, but it was on mah boi's detriment. Especially since Yundong and Heecheon got a great chance to showcase their full skillset and now they are 100% in the game... Maybe he'll bounce back next week. Next week the competition will become even harsher for everyone except Mame, Shiri, and Hime XD

I hope Jun recovers too, since he barely had any screentime this week compared to the first two episodes. I really want to see him back in Top 11. Jun and Hico have been hanging out lately and even in the rankings they seem to stick together so I'd love my top two sons to succeed.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  6. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    That Wild X3 performance showed me that Hico is the best dancer in the entire show. The boy can dance his tail feather off, and he's so smooth.

If we look at the current top 11, it shows me that currently the Japanese audience are voting for visuals. The current lineup looks like a Kpop group, where all 11 are good looking. I'm hoping it will change, especially when we can truly see the talents of the trainees like Hico did with his dancing and Naoki did with signing. Naoki has the best male vocals I've heard in any of the Produce seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Oh, don't get me started with Naoki! He was absolutely wonderful and he's quickly rising in my list of picks. I agree that he's definitely one of the best vocals the show has ever had.

All the individual oshicameras are out! I finally get to listen to the original rap and also Tamashii Revolution. which literally no one wanted XD

I got so hyped when I listened to Jun, Hikari, Kaito, and Nari's version. I get so pumped up that I have it on repeat XD It's not just because Junchan is my 1pick, but I think they absolutely nailed it! These boys really know how to set the crowd on fire. Jun center is everything I could have wished for lol. I just wished the other boys weren't below the elimination threshold right now, because they absolutely slapped, specially Kaito! Who was the leader? I want to shake his hand, by focusing on giving everyone their center time they had a chance to really showcase their coolest sides. I'll absolutely hate to see them go, and this two-part splitting will do horrible things for their final rank come episode 5... I'm getting anxious XD

Some highlights from my other picks:
    • Hico: I already said what I think of him. He's the best dancer and his cutesy face contrasts so much with his hypersexual energy that it's almost scary.
    • ShiroAndo: Smiley Prince! Yu was having so much fun and I had as much fun watching him. I love him to bits. Also, where were you hiding those acrobatics, my good child?
    • Takumi: Pretty princess, that is all. Hime looks straight out of a romance Webtoon. If he gets to be a main visual in the final group I'll scream.
    • Shiri: If he doesn't get #1 in the final selection I'll riot. Mame is wonderful, but Ren is a legend.
    • Tsubasa: He's the maknae of the season but he exudes this cool adult energy in what he does. An entertainer through and through. I had tons of fun watching him dance.
    • KuroAndo: Everyone was expecting him to kill TamaRevo and he did! His vocals are amazing and it's always so fun to watch him.
    • Hayato-sensei: Great voice, amazing moves. I just love him so much. He's a natural born leader, and orange suits him so well.
    • YonaSho: Surprised he didn't flex while singing Lemon XDDDDD I'd hate for his gag to get old. He's really cute and talented, I want to see him through to the final episode.
    • Minhyuk-nii: He has a lovely voice and an adorable face. I hope he bounces back and sticks it to the pros.
    • Eujin: An outlier in the list, but I think his performance was lovely. I want to see him rise, too, but if he doesn't do something cool fast he will get knocked out from my list for good by Naoki.
    As of right now Jun is the only main rapper with a solid chance of debut so I hope the national producers will consider that carefully. He also speaks three languages and so he can be the one who eases the final group into international recognition...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Long article with lots of pictures in ModelPress

"Here, we introduce trainees who have been narrowed down from 101 to 20 in order of the most recent rank. I want you to check before the last broadcast.

In the Japanese version, 101 successful applicants were selected from approximately 6,000 people through selection of documents and practical skills. 101 people are called “trainees” and perform various missions by singing and dancing. All five performances will be performed, and the ranking will be decided by the vote of viewers every time. Trainees outside the service area dropped out, and 11 people who won the fierce competition were selected last. Eleven of them were confirmed to make major debuts in 2020 as a boy group that fluttered from Japan to the world.

The final decisive battle decided by the debut members will be broadcast live on December 11th as a large special program at Golden Time on the TBS affiliate. In the final round, the final evaluation issue “Debut Evaluation” will be broadcast. The top 11 members to debut will be revealed by the announcement of live broadcast rankings."

There are profiles and pictures of all 20.

https://mdpr.jp/music/detail/1907440

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    aaah, thank you for posting! I wanted to keep updating so bad but my social anxiety prevented me from deleting my post and stacking that info into a new one and go on and on over the weeks.

It's the final 20, huh. I lost so many of my favorite picks along the way TT__TT Yu... Takitsuba... Hayato-sensei... Minhyuk... Naoki and his angel voice... I miss them lol

On the other hand Junchan, Hico, and the Six Packs are still there. I feel like the group is profiling itself to be a standard K-pop-like group with a sexy adult edge. If anything, the top 20 are all extremely skilled and all deserve to be in. I see the Shitennou KawaKawaMameTsuru and the Six Packs getting in, along with Junchan, Ruki, and maybe Shosei. Yasupon to me is a valid candidate for dark horse, but it might depend on how he does in the debut evaluation. Sukai and Minato seem like strong contenders to me, too. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, and I just wish everyone could debut, but these people seem to fill the profile the most.

My current (final) pick list:

1. Junchan Baby Shark du du dudu dudu: I have so many things to say about Junchan, as evidenced by the stupid lenghts I have gone to make fanart for him to make more noise, but he has been consistently my favorite person in this show. He quickly reached Miichan levels of Kamioshi-ing for me, with his redemption story, his sweet sweet bars and his tendency to never give up. He's an excellent leader and teacher, a consistently solid center, the altogether best rapper in the show and one of the best in the whole franchise's history, he's trilingual, his voice is sweet and soothing while singing and distinctive and cool as a rapper, his dance moves are smooth like butter, he's a cute visual, his aura is ginormous, he can make entire crowds scream in 0.00000091 seconds and all of his peers respect him as a reliable senpai. He's necessary for the group. The show hasn't given us a chance to show his whole skillset, but we already know from x101 that he's been an all-rounder all along. If he doesn't make it I'm gonna RIOT. If I could vote for him I'd scout anyone I could and pay them to make them vote for him more. NanameUehara Jun indeed TTwTT you have come so far, Junbaby. I'm proud of you.
    2. Princess Takumi: I need Hime in the group. He's an amazing visual and well-loved by everyone. Even though he was an absolute rookie he knows how to work hard and I'm looking forward to see him soar. Also change dot org petition to see him in cotton candy hair again.
    3. KuroAndo: Junchan is the kind of kid I want to protect, but I'd absolutely marry a man like Tomoaki. His vocals are wild and with more training he will be able to do amazing things with his voice. And I love he has a variety edge. And HAVE YOU SEEN THAT PRETTY FACE?
    4. Hico YASKWEEN VOGUE SLAY: Hico is another baby I want to protect. His gap appeal is monstrous and he's funny and adorable. His vocals are weak but his dance moves are Kami level. I don't have many hopes for him in the final lineup but if he makes it in I'll scream. He is someone who can surprisingly fit many concepts and is cuddly and sweet. I am definitely an Orihime for this kid!
    5. Riverbutt Lotus: I need him as center. He is THE center. Consistently awesome, killer facial expressions, gap moe... Even when he struggles he looks effortless. if I could define Ren in one sentence it would be "an absolute idol". He was born for this. He shouldn't do anything but this.
    6. Prince Ruki: He has grown on me as an Ouji character who is versatile, skilled, and pretty. His chatterbox gap is also hilarious, so he seems like an unintentional variety character for me, and those tend to be the funniest. The haters and part of his fandom sucks, but that's not his fault. He's a great kid and I love him to bits.
    7. Yona shiro of the Dawn: ABS. That's it. I loved him from the start and I still do. If I can't marry someone like Tomo give me a mans like Yona XD He also has the voice of an angel and man can this mofo rock a black shirt ///////
    8. Shunyasaurus Rex: NOSTRIL VISUAL YES KING. Some members are variety characters but Shunya is THE variety character. His gap is also impressive. He strikes me as someone who can fit any concept thrown at him while simultaneously shoving his fist into his mouth. He's big Chaotic Good™ energy
    9. Yasupon-bancho-oniisan: Another person who has grown on me over time, he's the perfect oniisan character and someone who has huge potential to become a leader in the final group. AND HE'S SO HANDSOME AGH
    10. Mameshibaaaaaa: Mame-chan has been climbing on my list as more of my babies were forced to leave but here he is. He's an absolute natural. Like Ren, he was born to be an idol. Even as a maknae people don't seem to think of him as cute but I do. There's a bright youthful energy in everything he does and he has rightfully protected his place at the top. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of him or Tsuru steal the crown from Ren at the last second.
    11. Puppy Yugopoodle: He IS a poodle! In cute concepts he's the king but he can also make cool like a boss. Someone in instagram said Nako had the uwu-est voice of PD48 and I think Yugo has the uwu-est everything of PD101JP. His voice, his baby face, his fluffy hair, his mannerisms, he exudes sugar in everything he does. A prototypical Yancha Boy <3

I guess that's that for now. I'm dreading the finals so much lol

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Okay, How the fuck can they left out Ando and Jun :wall:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "PRODUCE 101 JAPAN" 11 people in tears decided! “PRODUCE 101 JAPAN” members unveiled as “JO1” at Issei Center Toshihara

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. naamincenter48

naamincenter48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Asai Nanami
    I like the top, I just didn't expect this.
    Sad for Hiko, Jun and Tomoaki (completely shocked for him)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Congrats to the new group, but will the drama that happened in Korea affect them too? I hope not. (Sorry, been a very long time since I came in here to check up on this.)

14. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  15. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Japanese media has been very favorable towards IZ*ONE during their scandal. In general, Japanese entertainment scandals that warrants controversy are step above Korea, which tends to be knee-jerk in comparison.

Regarding JO1, it’s a solid lineup and I hope they find success. I’m shocked over Tomosaki’s exclusion, but I have no doubt that he’ll get signed by an agency

16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    New Y!mobile CM with JO1:

The Y!mobile YT channel also has interview videos with individual group members.

17. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Debut single teaser

I have to say that's lit :cool:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I'm super impressed. Thanks for keep updating this. It looks FANTASTIC!

19. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    They had their premiere of the single for radio, and it's so good. It is very catchy.

20. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    PV short version has been uploaded. not bad ;)