1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The next Soda Sarina.

2. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    She goes by Suzuki Yuka in AKB ;)

3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

She's an average looking chick who piles on the fan service.

When you look at the pillars they are ludicrously big. If they were just to support the ceiling all they'd need is an I-beam with a small wood or plastic casing but its as if they made the pillars stupidly big to just purposefully mess with the customers :lol:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  4. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    According to the documentaries, the pillars were there before AKB started using the space. I remember TGSK complaining about them...

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    That might be, but @Reveen is right, those pillars could 'easily' be replaced with some I-beams an 8th of the size or some round columns, the only thing they need to hold up is the roof, but I'm pretty sure they are dimension-ed for the exact same load the columns on the ground floor need to take.
    Furthermore being on the top floor, for sure you could get a column free area because you could increase the size of the roof beams as there is nothing on top (except airco and utility stuff)
    But, the owners would have to agree as I guess AKB is leasing the space, not owning it.
    (and it would mean closing down the theatre for say 3 months)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "AKB48 performed sound matching and rehearsal for the "70th NHK Red and White Singing Battle" at the NHK Hall in Shibuya, Tokyo on the 29th.

The song that AKB48 sings is "Love Fortune Cookie-Kouhaku World Selection SP-". AKB48 and members, BNK48 (Bangkok) · CGM48 (Chiang Mai) · SGO48 (Ho Chi Minh City) · JKT48 (Jakarta) · MNL48 (Manila) · AKB48 Team SH (Shanghai) · AKB48 Team TP (Taipei) · DEL48 (Delhi), the world 8 Aces gather from the city and show off a special version for Kouhaku only."

Q4IqcgoVGGSw5NrivXyLn24-TvcXwtkiLUjNSNYILyM.jpg

https://mdpr.jp/music/detail/1923549

7. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Oh well, it looks less interesting than Arashi x Yonezu Kenshi collab and Synchronity All-Sakamichi version :fear:
    Except IZ*ONE's J-line join this collab:awesome:

Naamin more makes sense since it's AKB-only (excluding the senbatsu)

Her boobs are way bigger than Naamin, duh

8. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Building code in Japan is slightly different because of the many earthquakes they have. And the building still stands because of it.
    Also about the way the pillars and taping looks: for some reason Japanese people do not mind things looking 'old' and 'used' look at some shop pricing signs or info: they are weathered, taped and re-taped 10+ fold and still have the old tape showing...
    Recycling/re-use is a big thing in Japan.

9. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    The pillars are part of the building main pillars. According to the building code, there are many things you cannot do about it. And when the theater stage was started need to be taken into consideration. It dated before most of the live idol performance on a daily basis come into existence, and AKB was an underground idol back then. So...yeah, I do think they should move to a bigger and more proper theater. But finding a space that big in Akihabara might be a bigger problem. And I see no alternative to move outside Akihabara it is just...in their name, and Akihabara is not a huge district but already packed.

10. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
  11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    lol no, man. That was just the press conference. The lineup is much bigger.

[​IMG]

16-member senbatsu: Oguri Yui, Okada Nana, Okabe Rin, Kashiwagi Yuki, Kuranoo Narumi, Sakaguchi Nagisa, Mukaichi Mion, Muto Tomu, Murayama Yuiri, Yokoyama Yui, Suda Akari (SKE48), Shiroma Miru (NMB48), Yoshida Akari (NMB48), Tanaka Miku (HKT48), Homma Hinata (NGT48), Takino Yumiko (STU48)

The rest: Asai Nanami, Iriyama Anna, Iwatate Saho, Onishi Momoka, Omori Maho, Oya Shizuka, Oda Erina, Kato Rena, Gyoten Yurina, Kubo Satone, Komiyama Haruka, Sasaki Yukari, Shitao Miu, Taguchi Manaka, Taniguchi Megu, Chiba Erii, Nagano Serika, Nishikawa Rei, Fukuoka Seina, Maeda Ayaka, Minegishi Minami, Yamauchi Mizuki, Yamane Suzuha, Ishida Chiho (STU48)

Overseas: Shani Indira Nation (JKT48), Pimrapat Phadungwatanachok (BNK48), Abelaine Trinidad (MNL48), Liu Nian (AKB48 Team SH), Chiu Pin-han (AKB48 Team TP), Trần Cát Tường (SGO48), Sita Teeradechsakul (CGM48), Glory (DEL48)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  12. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    I once had the thought of having two separate theaters in Akihabara. But the more I thought about it, that would be stupid and confusing.

13. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

As expected, AKB48 didn't win (The right song for once won in Foorin - Parika). But it is impressive that they were nominated all through out the 2010s for this award (A pretty good accomplishment).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    With all due respect to the kids, we've been discussing for years how AKB's music isn't good enough for this award (and probably isn't) and now this wins? This? As I said, NyaaKB was robbed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    Why tho? Their song is good and so easy listening (reminds me back to my childhood days)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Is that good enough to win the Japan Record Award? How many lively songs that remind us of our childhood have we listen before? You sure there aren't any better songs in 2019 in Japan?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    That's because Paprika is written by Yonezu Kenshi and since he is so popular in Japan but he didn't come to the award so :fear:

But some J-Wota (both of Sakamichi and 48G) questioned that because Paprika was released on 15th August 2018 while the requirement to be the nominees is the song is released at least on October 2018 https://twitter.com/3475risa/status/1211635299152883712?s=09

But... what to be expected from this award. Remember when LDH groups swept all of Grand Prize just because Aya Ueto was the MC?

((justice for king gnu and official higedansim))

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

In Japan? Haven't heard any exceptional idol songs this year, my favourite pop songs of the last twelve months were Dalla Dalla by Itzy and Fancy by Twice.

• Agree Agree x 1