1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    There're rumors that Kuro-P denied the sponsorship from Vivo(?) (not sure if it's Vivo) last month

I guess Kuro-P didn't like their terms or something

• Like Like x 1
  2. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

that would be a good sponsor.

3. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    One observation I noticed from many MNLoves is that their loyalty towards HHE is similar to local Filipino fans being loyal to TV networks identifying as "Kapamilya" or "Kapuso", also like how many KPop fans are "SM stans", YG, etc.

Sometimes, it seems to the extent that they care more for HHE than the actual girls.

AKS would be so lucky if wotas were like that.

And how miserable Maho would have been if wotas sided with NGT managements.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

very true.

some elitists are also way too involved that they can be one shy away from being in HHEs payroll.. delayed or not (笑). S.M. aka teabagger ring any bell? that guy has either a major case of attention seeking or inferiority complex, aside from the pedo card and skeletons from the past that he always tries to bury.

that would be brutal.

Some MNL48 fans are also going into miles to setup a photography studio or podcast, fake or real in does not matter, just to lure those graduated members to some form or second wind media exposure but honestly they are the ones who benefit from this and not the other way around. oh no.. the horror. :fp:

It's really the first time I have seen such fans from 48G and when I look back to 48G particularly the original japan groups and their fans, I see a majority of normal, but STILL very supportive wotas and fans that are always a breath of fresh air.. except of those occasional Techi fan weirdos and pyschos.

right indeed it must be the culture.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  5. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Well my Suggestion Is do more MNL48 Play games.

A mix of board games and Video Games. Would love to see them play Epic Spell Wars and Deceit

(All for intends and purposes to see them killed each other)

• Like Like x 1
  6. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

good idea. key is also doing variety shows like AKBingo, yt or online is good but if abscbn is really a partner, they should do the right thing.. give them the right exposure and not just make them as backup dancers on big tv events every now and then.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Okay... We bring out the games that involves the girls trying to murder each other!

Deceit for the PC and Epic Spell Wars for Tabletop.

I will grab the popcorn and the Memers to get ready with the cameras!

8. chimew9

chimew9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    This is a question that keeps bugging me.
    If worst comes for worst and MNL48 can’t hold on any longer, is there any possibility that they get absorbed as AKB48 Team ML or something?

What really went wrong? Was it a miscalculation from the management that caused this?

9. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Yes, that will be the plan, at least the go to move by AKS. There is actually some tea on socmedia that this will be the case now with MNL48 since management is not succeeding revenue wise.

So when push comes to shove and Team ML happens, the group might also be downsizing to half like Team SH or even just 16 members, as that particularly tea reported (forgot the link).

imho, I don't think management is lacking. It's most fans who are new to the 48G fandom and don't know how to support them the 48G and right way. Fans acting as PR/Marketing and contacting for sponsors like Monde Nissin (keyword Bingo) to get them endorsement and CM gigs was one of the tipping point and cringey to say the least and not to mention, even a PR disaster.

I can't blame them though, it's a KPop dominated country after all so what do they know.

Sponsors, not merchandise brings serious $$$.. those hard-headed elitists don't have a clue.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  10. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Aight. So I've been here for bit, and just have to ask. I've checked several local stores, including some Lawsons, but now I'm getting desperate:

Does ANYWHERE in Metro Manila physically sell MNL48 merch?

11. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    there're none at any Lawson stores? The other one is at Cool Japan Mall...also at the HHE office

other than that, you can only get them through the fans and via their official online store

12. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Not the Lawson I went to. And that was freakin Eastwood ¯\_( ._.)_/¯

Cool Japan Mall. I'll keep that in mind then.
    Thanks

13. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    oh wait, it ain't Cool Japan Mall it's Cool Japan Shop at SM Light Mall :^^;: had to check MNL's official site

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Finally Dana posted what happened during their Tokyo Game Show Japan gig on her Vlog. If you can recall they have talked about and made fun of this during one of the iLive episodes, particularly the hotel robe at the lobby part with grad member Cess.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  15. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I think some goods were pulled out already but the best bet is to go to the HHE Office in Eton Centris on a weekday since Lawson doesn't have a complete selection. The last one that I checked in Makati still had a bunch of Aitakatta, PFC, and 365 CDs.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

related to goods and merch and for posterity.. this anomaly happened when an alleged staff was selling rare card photos on STS events just last month..

guy claimed there was a go signal from HHE..

translates: "you can only get (buy) these copies from me"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    That's what they get for hiring 48+ girls at once despite not having very strong fanbase. The cost for 20ish girlgroup itself is already expensive and they decided to just create 48+ member right at the beginning.
    I smell problem

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Silver Play Button (Re)UnBoxing

if the video does not show watch the video here

19. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Sooo...I wasn't able to get my hands on MNL48 merchandise. For a variety of reasons. But still, I've realized a lot of things.

Not gonna lie, I'm disappointed. Partially at HHE for how they've handled MNL's exposure, but mostly at myself for using outdated information. Granted, that was ALL the information I could even find, but it doesn't make it less frustrating. Like seriously, every place I was told was supposed to have MNL merch (INCLUDING Cool Japan at SM Light Mall), didn't. And I get it. Basic supply and demand. HHE has a supply for an almost nonexistent demand, so it becomes harder to justify having the merch out in stores at all. And there's lots of reasons why, the top of which is subpar marketing and lack of a consistent sponsor.

That being said, demand for MNL48 is NOT nonexistent. It's just not where HHE thinks it is. I've seen demand in surrounding provinces. And Cebu in particular seems to have a thriving MNLove community.
    But the overseas community specifically has been vocal. MNL has fans in Thailand, Indonesia, Japan, and even various pockets around the world. I myself am a US fan. And as far as I understand, NONE of us can access MNL merchandise without roundabout means. Point is, MNL has an active overseas community. They should use it. At the very least, it would help keep MNL48 afloat until they get the in-state foothold they're looking for. Because God knows they need it.

As for me, I'm definitely gonna make some changes to make my involvement more meaningful. Because you're damn right I wanna help, but I can only do so much without an avenue to do it. And I'll probably start by actually taking a look at merch trading and delivery on here. Because goddammit I love MNL48, and I don't want to see them die a slow and uneventful death. These girls deserve SO MUCH MORE than that.

Alright. Rant over.
    TLDR:
    I visited the Philippines. Based on my available resources, I couldn't find MNL merch where people said there were. HHE needs to start selling overseas to help accommodate that half of the fanbase. I love MNL48 too much to do nothing about it.
    :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I think every 48G doesn't have an easy way for foreigner to purchase their merch. Are there's an offline store for the merch?

• Agree Agree x 1