1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. qpet

qpet Future Girls

reading the tweets, I don't think money would solve all the problems. the forum was fucked before, then he changed to a cheaper plan that caused even more problems with too much traffic

2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    And it seems the file type has been restricted. I just posted a jpg, but couldn't post a png ("The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.")

3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I don't know why some people insist on uploading pics here anyway, it's way easier to use an external host designed for that purpose, like imgur.

I get that some of these hosts have a tendency to disappear overtime, but imgur+reddit seem likely to outlast this site, at least.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't insist on it, but I've always found it easier to simply click the 'upload a file' button and then 'post reply' than upload it on a third website and, in lieu of a better word, reference it here. I don't mind not posting any more pictures now that I know there is an issue with that, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    external thumbnails you have to open one by one to even see them properly and that's super annoying and time-consuming

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I wouldn't mind moving the pics I've uploaded to an external service. but not having 'proper' thumbnails will be a drag, I would like a good resolution, but I don't want the pics to show up full size, so, what @nvmea said :/

btw, before I start a mass migration, does removing pics free up disk space?

7. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    On Imgur you can easily adjust the size of the thumbnails.

E.g. here on the bottom right you can select the thumbnail size and also copy the link for the forum with one click (you can also do this manually by adjusting the filename, just add eg. an "l" for a large thumbnail):

[​IMG]

Looks like this then:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can also link albums, so people can just scroll through them and don't have to open each thumbnail.
    Sadly the forum doesn't support the direct embedding of the albums.

https://imgur.com/a/ZuyBcXo

There are also browser extensions that allow you to directly upload images you found on the internet to your imgur account with a simple right click.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 4
  8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    ok, I admit ... I'm a bit dim.... but you need to use the 'Linked BBCode' option :)
    that works as a charm

9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    All of the available thumbnail sizes except Huge fit within the forum size rules, as well.

At the end of this page it shows the maximum dimensions of each, and the character to add to the end of the URL (before the extension):
    https://api.imgur.com/models/image#thumbs

• Like Like x 1
  10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    ok, I was about to start moving old images to imgur (and yeah, that will be tedious, but if it helps I can for sure move a few posts per day)
    But ... when looking if removing images will really remove them from the server I found this:
    https://xenforo.com/community/threads/hard-delete-own-media-items.140417/

so, as I suspected, removing an image will not remove it untill an admin 'hard' removes (or the number of references is 0? that would be logical, but that's a (big) assumption)

so, maybe a mod can shed some light on this? because it would be a waste of effort if the images remain on the server :/

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm glad to read this! I think it's better to do the stage48 ranking early in the year, so it can really reflect the preferences of the previous year.

and I really like the idea of doing a Song of the Decade ranking too. imo it would be good to do it with a ranking system like we do for the stage48 ranking. But maybe make every user write a top 20 of a-sides and a top 20 of b-sides... because only one top 20 would be too little, and most people will rank only a-sides which wouldn't be fun. if each user make 2 rankings then we can be sure that there will be a lot of b-sides too, at good ranks, and each user can rank 40 songs in total which is better considering AKB/48G have thousand of songs (idk if the ranking will be just for AKB or for the whole 48G but either way even AKB alone has thousand songs). @rka

Edit: I forgot Sakamichi... now that makes it even more songs LOL. maybe 2 separated rankings would be good. One for 48G and one for Sakamichi. For both rankings, people who participate would have to submit a top 20 of a-sides and a top 20 of b-sides. I think this could make final rankings interesting and fun without having hundred and hundred of songs excluded, and without having the top ranks full of a-sides.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    This sounds like a lot of work, but I really, really like this idea. Also, I personally don't listen to Sakamichi and I'm curious how many people will vote for 48G songs and how many will vote for Sakamichi songs. It would also be an incentive to give their best songs a listen and maybe I'll like them as much as most people.

13. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Finding top 20 A-sides might be a real challenge. Not enough good songs that I can recall...

14. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    [HIDE]
    AKB alone has 2 indie singles + 56 singles + 6 albums that each have a title track (= an A-side).
    SKE has 26 singles + 2 albums.
    NMB has 22 singles + 3 albums.
    HKT has 12 singles + 1 album.
    NGT has 3 singles.
    STU has 3 singles.
    JKT has 2 original singles.
    MNL has 1 original single.
    SDN had 5 singles + 1 album.

Not to mention that the international sister groups also have a lot of A-sides that are B-Sides in the Japanese realm;
    BNK has 4 singles that were B-sides
    Team SH has 3 singles that were B-sides
    Team TP has 2 singles that were B-sides
    CGM48's single will be a Thai version of Max Toki 315go

Not to mention if you count SNH48 and it's sister groups:
    SNH has 17 original singles
    BEJ has 5 original singles
    GNZ has 5 original singles
    CKG has 2 original singles

And I doubt we'd implement IZ*ONE into this since they're not really a 48G but on the slim chance that they are included, they also have 5 original A-sides. [/HIDE]

Without the removed Chinese sister groups and IZONE, there are 155 A-sides in 48G and you can't come up with 20 good ones? :^^;:
    (and with China48 there are 184 and if you add IZ*ONE, then there are 189 A-sides).

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I am lazy. Ask me to fill out a survey with 10 questions, and I will. Ask me to fill out a survey with 40 questions, and I won't.

I think others feel the same way. For example (perhaps not the best), the current stage 48 countdown rewards seems to have fewer responses than I remember from the past. Could it be there are just too many categories this year?

Update: Forrest Fuller agrees with me indirectly.
    "Going to extend this a little longer (Since I want more people to vote on this)."

16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't think it's because of that, it's the same with the stage48 ranking. Every year there are less people participating... it's the same as everything on this forum tbh. Like how members individual thread had hundred pages before but now they have a lot less pages (I realized that once Miichan and Moeka will be gone, the Team K section will go from 22,000 posts to 8000 posts... and that is mostly from Miichan having 13,000 posts on her own, Moeka has 1000). There are just less people on the forum or less international fans in general maybe. Because I think if you're a fan then you enjoy taking part in discussions, post in threads, make rankings etc. regardless of how long it takes to do it.

I think with the amount of songs, it's not that hard to find 20 a-sides and 20 b-sides that you like and just rank them in order. it's not the same as doing a survey of 40 questions, I don't think it takes that long. My ranking for a-sides can probably be done in 5 minutes tbh... For b-sides it would take longer probably, but I would enjoy doing it... we are fans after all, right? LOL I think it wouldn't be that fun if users only have to make a list of 10 songs they like. but idk how everyone else feels about that.

17. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I have the feeling the intermittent database failures aren't helping ... FWIW the forum member interaction/participation seems to have gone down the last half year (i don't have data top back that up, it's just a feeling)

and however much I like Forrestfuller's polls, I am guilty of rarely participating
    (mainly because I have the feeling I'll be outvoted anyway and I think I can pretty much predict what the end result will be: member of the year: Maho, worst event: NGT scandal, breakthough member: Moeka .... )

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  18. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    This. I am here mostly because of the Nogizaka b-sides. There are a couple of a-sides I really like, but I never listen to the majority of them. A top 20 based on my favorite songs without restrictions would be perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  19. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I tried to do a quick list of my own (I guess everyone could try to test). I have listened to 99 % of 48G discography, so when I went through AKB alone and tried to be really strict I still picked like 30 very very very good songs dear to my heart. Well I'm of the opinion you can always force yourself to cut it down to 20. But the problem is that you have 1) all the A-sides everyone knows, since some are pretty damn good and were A-sides for a reason 2) all the other songs you'd maybe like to bring attention to and introduce. Now, if you do top 20 and most of it is Heavy Rotation, Beginner etc then it can be kinda boring. But it also feels a bit strange to willingly cut those songs from your rankings if you like them. So I kinda like the division of A and B, though I personally wouldn't divide 48 and 46. Still, I totally see the point that too many can be too many. So, yeah.

20. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    In the ears of the beholder

I'll struggle to fit 20 songs between 48/46 groups

• Agree Agree x 1