1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    My theory is the deal with Lawson is done and the merch got pulled out, which would explain why they magically had Aitakatta and Pag-ibig Fortune Cookie albums and merch back in the Year-end Festival. I do think that they should look more into Hobby Shops/Pop Culture Shops (like Filbars, a store that mainly sells Funko Pops, Mangas, Comic Books, Magazines, and other things that can be geeky) to sell MNL48 merch instead of Lawsons since the people who shop there has a bigger budget compared to like a convenience store.

I can help you though to get merch just contact me at @AirMnlove on twitter if you're still interested in getting them shipped to you. The Post Office here is still not fully automated so that might be one of the reasons why HHE doesn't send internationally. Plus they're really bad at shipping local orders too lmao.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Just In: Some youtuber made a song for Capt. Alice.. nice lyrics even though he sang it w/ autotune.

if the video does not show watch the video here

and for some unknown reason ALL MNL48 MVs just went private.

3. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Just In: Emz suddenly spilling some tea about Love Ban and her take on it.

The comment posted and screenshot is from Emz personal FB account (not sure if that is allowed).

She also mentioned beforehand on this post, not too worry as she's in the clear and not one of those in a ship. She will be too scared if her dad will know about her having a bf first compared to fans.

To cut it short, it's the typical "We know there are rules, but we are still human after all" alibi.

Now the real scoop..
    - Allegedly there are members who are now or STILL in a relationship.
    - Based on socmedia comments and feedback, I gathered there are 3 members.
    - They are VERY stealthy in covering this up and managed to hide it til this tea time, to the point and so Emz thinks that fans should not be bothered anymore.
    - Dani is being named as one of them.
    - The other one is a popular member, so popular that HHE has no qualms about it. :shocku:
    - No hint or info yet on the alleged third member, she might be another popular one.

Former members Trixie and Nice also commented on this spilled tea:

Other stuff:

MNL48 MVs are back and now arranged by single/song. It seems Star Music is now taking some actions on their MVs, at least the earlier ones.

A Day in the life of Gabb

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  4. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

Based on an a HHE insider’s statement the management does take measures on violations such as reduced schedules, losing audition opportunities, etc.

In terms of that famous member I think its trickier bc she is very popular (even before becoming a official member) and already has that entertainment industry exposure beforehand that losing her especially now would be bad for the group with many projects and events comming this year. Also apperantly many of her fans already know of the relationship before the images got leaked. The group isnt really in a place right now to keep losing high profile members

5. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Whatever their decision, it will be their loss. It will be the first time for a 48G keeping an idol member that is in a relationship that already went public or have been outed.

also reminds of Yukirin scandal, only they broke up after the thing blew up.

Is the popular member already confirmed? I only know Abby and Rans as top 2 members in that category. btw, I am seeing Rans' leaked photos resurfacing again after this spilled tea.

I still believe the rest of the good girls like Sheki and Gabb can still go to places so in my honest opinion, with all these happening and they just finished their second year with a lot of quitting and scandals, now is a good idea and the time to go for broke and transition to AKB48 Team ML if AKS and management will still go for it to save of what is left of this group. Because let's face it, it's becoming more evident that management can't handle a full house 48 + KKS members.

So with that being said and looks like they will be decreasing by the numbers, I'll take a lesser 48G member group and branded as Team ML and then perhaps rebound again to a full group if and when they are more stable in the future, with MNL they seem to do some "first time for a 48G" anyways.

Just In: High Tension Senbatsu - Chinese New Year Dinner

[​IMG]

AND Seby Content on KUMU Live today to ease that (High) Tension...

[​IMG]

6. binredditstg48

binredditstg48 Kenkyuusei

Are AKB (or 48G) fans in the Philippines still supporting MNL? Or are they too disappointed to care anymore?

7. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Disappointment is a just a phase, some fans give up but some (true) 48G fans are still hoping for the best. Truly all 48G even AKB48 has its very ups and downs.

I thought MNL48 1st Gen is the Be All End All and then someone like 2nd Gen Amy and Frances came along. For me they top the scales on how to be a 48G member.

Who knows if there will be more good eggs on upcoming 3rd gen and beyond, seems likely so there's still hope and perhaps a future after all.

8. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

9. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Been a 48G fan since 2010. I voted in elections, bought merch, and attended handshake events.

Maybe for others I'm still not a "true fan" for losing interest in MNL.

I still follow the group on social media but the chances of me spending money on MNL stuff is unlikely.

Reasons:

1. I don't like how management has been handling things regarding the members: push decisions, 1st gen treatment, poor planning, etc.

2. MNLoves fan culture is very different from the fan culture I experience here in S48 and the Japan wota culture I read about.

3. And on a more personal reason, most of the members I'm interested in already left.

So count me in under too disappointed to care anymore. Don't know if I'm a "true 48G fan" though ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. binredditstg48

binredditstg48 Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the input, guys. I have a soft spot for MNL since the 365's MV.

This is something I don't like about sister groups outside of Japan (not just MNL), a 'watered-down' 48G for different countries.

I sympathise with people like you. 48G is what you & others hold deary for a long time, then got turned into something unrecognizable in your own country must be frustrating.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

As I have mentioned, I don't blame it on the management. It's the "media partner" that is sleeping on them and not doing the right thing since Day 1.

MNL48 girls as backup dancers is the most ridiculous guesting that I have ever seen. They are way more than that and they need a new media partner, abscbn is a GINORMOUS mistake.

Imagine a weekly tv show like AKBingo and other variety/drama guestings for members to get some exposure as well as others, that's how its done and the AKB Golden Era is proof of that. If it didn't work for them.. at least they tried.

As they say, when you invest on something, you take risks, so why not give the girls a year or two to go to town.

But nope.. in their dreams, can't have that with abscbn and their KPop infested dugout. No more room for JPop and the girls I guess.. just put them in their sandbox station aka Myx.

They also think MNL48 is just an artist group.. they don't know about their VARIETY side which every 48G's greatest potential if not strength.

I'm glad they are pushing them out of the air and can't wait til this ultimately happens.. they are clearly biased and it shows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    It seems that their ASAP guesting tomorrow, both at the main stage and the iWant have both been canceled

Also Teams MII and L were supposedly be dancing as SB19's back up at the main stage, apparently Kuro-P didn't like that

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

oh look at that.. perfect. You can clearly see what we are getting at here.

btw, thanks for the info.

They are kidding, right? That is a very horrible idea in the first place. Kuro-P always knows what he's doing in keeping that 48G image as intended.

48G idols AGAIN as backup dancers? *sheesh* they are relentless. :fp:

It's time HHE to look the other way as they are biting off more than they can chew with this abscbn deal. Perhaps try to move and have a deal with TV5 or others, just keep away from abscbn.

I think it will be a good small (re)start. They already did Abby's mini hokkaido series there and it was great.

again fingers crossed for March 2020 when abscbn broadcasting licensed will finally expire.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    82102471_473390606943465_670458787341008896_n.jpg

An upcoming guesting!

• Like Like x 1
  15. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Who is dearmefashion?

I don't speak woman

16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

When will HHE fire Dani and Rans? :gavel:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

good call. yes, most fans surely will be asking that question. Funny how other fans covers up Rans' ship is her cravings for food.

poor MarJYokoyama guy.. all that for nothing with this grand deception.

Update: Confirmed Team NIV will be performing 1234 Yoroshiku

https://twitter.com/mnl48official/status/1216188997375942656

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  19. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    What's with Rans?

20. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

was trying to watch live for their TV performance on YT. They cut it as soon as they're on stage and announce a commercial break.

Now I'm hearing that they will be showing it in their app.. what a bunch of scams and BS.

Reminds me of this.. (TV -> online -> app)

[​IMG]