1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    The next single in March will have other 48g members, six out of eighteen senbatsu.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

The new company will be established in April, so next single doesn't count.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I don't expect much to change, tbh.

It's as if AKS went through mitosis and the new companies are mini-clones of itself. The new companies are just a lame attempt at distancing themselves from the stain that is AKS in name. So basically what Dr Luke did when the whole Kesha assault debacle came out and he started producing songs under Made in China. As if that worked.

And really, do they actually believe changing the companies behind is gonna make a difference when all the groups have literally the same name? Worms for brains. WORMS!

AKB singes will still include the SG either for senbatsu or for the HS.
    One of the few things that AKB have going for them is their million streak and they are not jeopardising it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@rka that's why I wrote:

People might not know what company is behind the group(s), but they know NGT48 is related to AKB48.
    The Maho scandal was everywhere in the news back in the day. There is no way they can severe the link between the scandal and AKB itself, which is why I think changing the managements' names is such a silly approach. Nobody gives a damn.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    New companies or not, I think they are unlikely to drop the golden goose that is "AKB48" singles jammed with sister group members.

6. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona

if the video does not show watch the video here

I don't really understand what it is about, but it has defenitly something to do with youtube

7. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    If I've got it straight, A few members are launching individualYouTube accounts, and there's a joint account between these wonderful ladies.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

It is. Some of the members are joining youtube. Along with Yuiri, Nana, Mogi, and Mion, we will also have YT Accounts from Yukirin, Chiyori, Kuranoo, Nagi, and Yuihan.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Erbeon

Erbeon Member

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    AND YUIYUI :cute:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    If anything this is the first connection they made about it, since AKS's name was the one to have been associated to all of this all the time: articles, talk shows, doc specials (I especially remember two by NHK Niigata naming names of everyone in the board direction when trying to figure out its structure), and what have you.
    Since it was a taboo subject to bring up members and their relative fan consorting, this was essentially where all of the attention on the issue was directed at, consequently.
    Also, this is not least helped by the fact it caught in the very top of the company since a very early stage while local managers simply made themselves scarce, especially when you have board director Matsumura publicly intervening first (even prior to the March 22 conference, for some odd reason by making a press interview to coincide with the Coming of Age ceremony), and then Yoshinari's name later showing up more and more frequently as in by "courtesy visits" to the local government, and be even referenced inside of Maho's graduation announcement.

Oh, it turns out the new companies will no longer have a capital connection with AKS/Bellossom/whatchacallit, by the way. Financially speaking, now each has to basically handle stuff on their own. Good luck 'bout that (and let's see which defaults for last):
    http://www.news24.jp/nnn/news16442211.html
    https://archive.is/EbqH8

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Really excited for the YouTube accounts! I hope they allow English subs on these ones like some of their previous YT videos.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

Someone need to do some bonus work for us

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Ad for the VR service from LiVR.

"On February 3, 2020, VR live distribution of theater performances on "LiVR" provided by SoftBank Corp. has been decided! ! First, distribution at AKB48 / SKE48 / NGT48 theaters will start. * NMB48 / HKT48 / STU48 theaters will be announced later."

"Also, until March 31, 2020, `` AKB48 Theater 14th Anniversary Special Commemorative Performance '' held on December 8, 2019 `` LiVR "" For free! ! ▼ Click here for details https://livr.jp/ "

• Like Like x 1
  14. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

AKS shareholders are probably shareholders in the new companies unless they sell to a third party. So I think there will be ways around to use AKS capitals. But lets wait and see

15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  16. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Also seems that Gundam Cafe which is in the same building where AKB Cafe & Shop used to be is expanding into ex-AKB Cafe & Shop's premises.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Damn Federation. All Hail Zeon!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Article from Anime News Network which confirms this:
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ara-to-expand-to-4-times-current-size/.155855
    I've also found a Japanese tweet with a current view of the closed cafe site:
    https://twitter.com/ujAJSa6vAeWdcrU/status/1221950091063283712

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

They postponed 2/1 HS basically because of coronavirus
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12571304727.html
    Although it isn't an epidemic *yet* in Japan, with that many people in a single place, they don't want to risk it.
    Btw, I wrote it here since this might impact other events, not just for that particular HS.
    For Hinatazaka HS, they just announced that they will require the costumer to wear a mask.
    SKE HS on 2/2 is still on, but everyone will wear a mask and they will also spray disinfectant on both hands before doing HS. Also they will install devices probably to purify the air that contains chlorine dioxide, which doesn't smell nice.
    http://spn.ske48.co.jp/news/?id=1580379083

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Masks and disinfectants are sensible precautions, maybe it just wasn't possible to arrange this in time for the AKB event because it's much bigger and I guess wearing masks would impact gimmicks such as 2-shots. I'd imagine that one reason why authorities in Japan are keen to keep things under control is they don't want the Olympics to be affected.

• Agree Agree x 3