1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single MNL48 6th [RIVER] (2020.11.27)

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Announced during the Valentines Concert on February 16, 2020

Release Date: November 27, 2020 (Digital Release)

Tracklist:
    1. RIVER / Senbatsu
    2. 10nen Zakura
    3. Labrador Retriever / Team MII
    4. RIVER (off-vocal)
    5. 10nen (off-vocal)
    6. Labrador (off-vocal)

Senbatsu:
    Team MII:
    Alice Margarita De Leon, Cristine Jan Elaurza, Guinevere Muse, Lorelaine Sañosa, Maria Jamie Beatrice Alberto, Shekinah Arzaga
    Team NIV: Abelaine Trinidad, Aubrey Binuya, Aubrey Ysabelle Delos Reyes, Coleen Trinidad, Jennifer Nandy Villaruel
    Team L: Amanda Isidto, Ella Mae Amat, Francese Therese Pinlac, Gabrielle Skribikin, Marsela Mari Guia

10nen Zakura Members:
    Team MII:
    Ashley Nicole Somera, Dana Leanne Brual, Klaire Presno, Princess Rius Briquillo, Sandee Garcia
    Team NIV: Alyssa Nicole Garcia, Daryll Matalino, Ericka Joyce Sibug, Jemimah Caldejon, Jhona Alyanah Padillo, Miho Hoshino, Ruther Marie Lingat
    Team L: Althea Itona, Chelsey Yssacky Bautista, Dian Marie Mercado, Mariz Iyog

Trivia:
    -First Senbatsu of Gia, Jaydee, Amy, and Frances.
    -First Senbatsu center of Abby.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    RIVER Full MV

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    wow the line up are so good, obviously they go for those who are def good at dancing especially jaydee and amy, congrats

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    video

• Like Like x 1
  4. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I could have sworn they already did a cover MV for it, but it was a nice surprise seeing the announcement. Congrats girls!

Edit(9:35amEST): ALSO, OMG! FINALLY! ABBY IS CENTERING! YAY! I mean, she W-Center with Gabb, but, STILL! YAY!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  5. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Abby first time centering was a bit too late, but great song to center anyway. 2peat for Gabb.. ok.

Imho, this should be centered by Sheki and Alice ala Acchan and Takamina by role. (Ace and Leader). They got better chemistry as W center in and out and they fit this w center perfectly, projecting that orig River AKB vibe. I'm seeing a lot of fans in socmedia in an outcry why Alice was not picked.

if we're talking about top dancers of the group.. why was Grace not included as well?

I see a new mixed of picked members here, at least management getting non-pushed members.

Congrats to centers, senbatsu and the group.

Just In:

So now we have new info (by Coach Marian) that it is not about how members fit the single role or how good they are on the auditions.. but judges mood swings.

even there are other factors involved.. mood swings should be out of the equation.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

if your going to take a screen shot of coach marian’s tweet you should show her entire speech about it taking only partial will lead to alot of confusion and misunderstanding. Also she is a professional coach and has taught many others so I think she knows what she’s saying when it comes to the judges deciding who’s going to be in the next single.

of course mood swings will have a factor, to what degree we dont know,no matter how impartial a person wants to judge their emotions will always play a factor. Dont forget these judges have to see the auditions of 48 girls at 5 min each performing the same audition piece

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    i was kinda hoping one of the captains from each team will be included in the senbatsu - the iconic (team name) shout has always been given to the captains and here we are MNL48 being unique. Anyway since none of them was chosen then my wild guess would be sheki doing it.

8. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I don't think Sheki is even in the front line for this single (if we're basing it on how they did the 3rd single announcement which had the same format). Abby is probably gonna scream MNL48.

9. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

A fan who attended the event said the ranking goes as follow
    Center: Gabb and Abby
    3.Belle
    4.Sheki
    5.Laney
    6.Jamie
    7.Rans
    8.Sela
    9.Ella
    10.Jan
    11.Brei
    12.Coleen
    13.Amy
    14.Frances
    15.Gia
    16.Jaydee

out of curiosity does anyone know the original akb member ranking was for River

10. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I did go to the event as well but I was just basing it off on the similar video announcement format. It just doesn't make sense right now to put Coleen at the back but at the same time Belle is one of the main girls from the Tabing Ilog Musical.

11. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    There's no such thing as this at any groups for RIVER

12. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Yep they didn't rank this one as it's not a SSK single. Acchan and Takamina are centers that's all there is, but if you are talking about formation, then checkout the mv.

13. onego123

onego123 Member

Abby deserves this after they did her dirty Palusot Ko'y Maybe.
    Anyone have any MV, or costume ideas?

14. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    While I won't knock the girls who made it in, I absolutely agree that if it's a dance single, then why the HELL is Grace not in it?????

She's indisputably one of MNL's best dancers. And the fact that she's not in a Dance-centric single feels...wrong :gavel:

Whatever. She better be in the next one, if not outright center it lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

Sorry when I said ranking I meant formation I’m curious as to whose part Sheki has (Im hoping its Yuko).

I think with Coleen it has to do with the fact that every time she’s chosen she gets hugely assaulted with hate comments from fans. This may be a compromise to still allow HHE to choose her while minimizing the hate spouted at her. And someone on twitter created a MV screen time table for High Tension and Coleen actual had more time compared to members like Cole who was ranked higher so I dont think her ranking towards the end will effect her exposure during promotions.

16. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Well she is the social media darling right now so I can see why she's being pushed. She (and Gabb) brings a lot of new people to the events as well.

17. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

HHE is running a business. it's a no brainer that they see her a big potential with all this socmedia attention. I'm sure their analytics, statistics or whatever is through the roof as well.

So again for new fans about pushed members: even if we have our own favorites to put in the spotlight.. some fans don't get this from their standpoint and just run with their emotions. It's not your drama to begin with where your oshi is being left in the dark like the typical underdog or cinderella. They have a business to run and it's their fault if they screwed it with their "pushed" decisions. They all have potential, that's why they got in. tune in or tune out.

I like all the girls, even the delinquent ones (that's teen life) and I have my favorites in MNL and 48G, but they are not being pushed.. well I don't mind but that's 48G life.

The old 48G idol member way of thinking is getting to MVs or any official production to get more exposure.. that is not the case anymore.

There is still a lot of opportunities by using their socmedia.. that's why they are there in the first place.. to reach out to more potential fans.

They should learn how NMB Akarin got noticed and her way to success and now one of the regular senbatsu members.

Coleen is doing it, enjoyed her old funny skit videos so I don't get why most fans hate her. she got the look, outlook, attitude and 48G content to boot and clearly deserves it. Actually I'm getting a Yahagi Moeka vibe on Coleen lately.

So unless they are too cute for the camera to get noticed and headlined, they need to step up more in their own way if management doesn't give a fudge.

Since they announced that they already began recording it they should go with the AKB trad fatigue, but this time with a face mask + goggles + protection together with the covid-19 repatriates and PUIs visiting/greeting them and doing some part of the dance while they are still in quarantine at the Athletes Village (also great venue).. before they can be discharged. There's a 2nd batch right now from that Yokohama quarantined ship that's around 50. that would be awesome and pure guts. It's the ongoing situation globally and also hits the spot anyway. If they want song meaning.. that would be perfect, reaching out and up to date.

and if budget or permission allows, they can fake land from a Medevac or Army Chopper or better yet C-130 for a cool intro.

They already did ties or was an ambassador with that WHO + government no smoking campaign awareness thing so it's a possibility and a track record.

Cross the River.. we can all overcome this potential global pandemic that is happening right now.

PS: On the safer side and if willing, they can do it on the day of discharged.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  18. Shinga Kurukato

Oshimen:
    JUST IN[​IMG]

6TH SINGLE COUPLING SONG: 10nen Zakura

Coupling Song Senbatsu:

Dana
    Alyssa
    Daryll
    Ecka
    Klaire
    Miho
    Princess
    Dian
    Mari
    Thea
    Cole
    Andi
    Yssa
    Ruth
    Aly

JEM (Center)

I'll post the video announcement if they will release it

• Like Like x 1
  19. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Nice there are a lot of first time senbatsu members and i like how the coupling song is not sung per team. This should gave other members a chance.

20. UkiyaSeed

UkiyaSeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ashley Cloud Garcia
    They just released the announcement video for 10nen Sakura.

• Like Like x 2