1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    https://twitter.com/NumeroTOKYO/status/1226451085109288961?s=20

Numero tweeted one of Techi's quote form the interview:
    (This is just my translation with the help of google, but you get the idea)

They also linked part of her interview for anyone who hasn't read it: https://numero.jp/news-20200130-yurina-hirate/ (I haven't finished reading the whole thing but the whole interview (atmosphere, question and answer) seems really great)

The timing makes me think this is their subtle way to support Techi

• Like Like x 1
  2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@DelicateEmpress: Thank you so much for the link.

She said she had no dreams or goals, but was determined to take up each challenge as it came every day, with the thought that if it was the last thing she did, that would be okay. The interview was a few weeks before she left Keyaki, and she said it might happen that she suddenly decided to leave. What kind of woman would she be in her 20s or 30s? She said she had no idea, that the possibilities were not limited to what she could imagine. She might continue in entertainment, she might get married and become "a normal mother." (I think it was three years ago that she said she would get married at 20.) They asked what she would wish for when she blew out the candles on her 19th birthday cake. "Oh, do you make a wish? I didn't know." She said it would be so hard for her to decide that she just wouldn't blow.

The article begins by talking about her boyish charm and transparent-seeming glitter/sparkle/shine (煌めき), and said that once they saw her unforgettably rich expressiveness, their hearts were captured. So is mine. Photos by Sasu Tei for Numéro magazine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  3. dinda308

dinda308 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina, Habu Mizuho
    Tbh the one thing I'm kinda relieved Techi leaves keyaki is the possibility of publishing the "idol-themed" (idk how to describe it) of solo photobook decreased. Ofc the chance is still there, especially since she seems like the current fashion icon in Japan (this is my presume since i don't live in Japan, correct me if I'm wrong). However, the idea of Techi having a photobook with idol-themed, where usually the star needs to wear swimsuit etc kinda make me uncomfortable. It's not that I didn't appreciate the idea of idol-themed PB, it's gorgeous. But in Techi's case, the feeling of protectiveness as a fan makes me on the "against" side vote for Techi's idol-themed PB. She's much more suitable with the artsy type of modeling like she does now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I’m good with anything Techi likes. I want Techi’s ptb to be something she absolutely love and is comfortable making. If she wants to do mizugi then go for it. If she doesn’t want mizugi then that’s good too (although she’d probably receive backlash from many non-fans and antis, not too many Techi oshis though since most of us are protective like @dinda308 said). Techi is all about delivering meanings so I think even if it’s mizugi, she’d go for a more artsy route (sth similar to Techi’s solo cover for Kuroi).

I really want Techi to release a photobook lol. Her beauty needs to be properly captured and appreciated more.

Edit: I also don’t think Techi can be called a fashion icon, she’s more of a youth icon to me. One of the faces that represent the new generation.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Today SOL was particularly good, Techi sounded like she had a lot of fun. It's truly a pleasure hear her like this :blush:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I really love yesterday’s sol. Techi was extra lively and cheerful, not to mention the various photos of Techi in different angles. It makes me feel relieved (even Principle Toyama said so) when seeing her like this. I’m convinced that SOL is one of the best things that ever happened to us Techi oshis.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. dinda308

dinda308 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Finally some laugh from Techi after gloomy voice these past weeks.
    I miss you sm, brat!
    And it seems like she lost some weight, isn't she?
    She's always had that long arms and legs ( I won't say tall because there is Habu - chan to compare) but even her kneecaps are showing. Whatever, as long as she is healthy and laughing then everything's fine.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I also noticed she lost some weight. Maybe the stress of the last few weeks?

9. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    She definitely looks like she has lost some weight compared to when we last saw her. But doesn’t she have an exam coming up? She is serious about doing well on exams so maybe the weight loss is from studying (or she’s secretly practicing for sth [hehe]). When Techi finishes everything, I expect her to have a vacation with Keiko. They have mentioned wanting to travel together but couldn’t due to schedule conflicts. It should be easier to match their schedule now.

Techi looks mature and pretty in the new pics, giving off the vibe of a very popular girl in high school (I mean with THAT visual, I wouldn’t be surprised if she is indeed one of the most popular girls in school). Techi said that somehow everyone kept coming to her for love advice lol. I can’t help but be curious of Techi’s interactions with her schoolmates and teachers. What if one of her teachers is a Techi oshi lol?

Monday’s sol is a great start. SOL announced that Techi would have a special class on Friday(?) I wonder what they have under their sleeves.

• Like Like x 3
  10. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
  11. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Interesting. This is the AsianWiki link: http://asianwiki.com/The_Night_Beyond_the_Tricornered_Window. Seems like it's based on a manga series, anyone know how big her role could be? It's a BL story so she's definitely a supporting character but it sounds interesting.

As for photobooks, even actresses do risque shots, like Imada Mio and supposedly Hirose Suzu and Hashimoto Kanna did too? (Not sure I haven't seen their photos, but I have seen Imada Mio's). I can't imagine her coming out with a photobook but who knows.

12. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Based on the speculation, Techi’s role is Hiura Erika, a fan-fave supporting character. Based on Techi’s current hairstyle, I think it’s very possible.

The description sounds really exciting. I’d love for her to snatch this role. Babu looks so cute in the clips, her smile instantly brighten my day. Techi oshis stay winning this week aye

if the video does not show watch the video here

This is tonight’s sol. Techi played Mario Cart on Nintendo Switch. She didn’t know how to change directions so she tilted the switch lmao

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    WHOA I love Techi necromancer!!! lol
    That sounds way more cool than I expected when I saw the clip.

Truth to be told, I saw the picture first, and my first thought had be something like "way to go! She already snatched a cute boyfriend!" lol little I knew she snatched a job.
    Not bad either even though I wouldn't mind if she take time for herself first.

But it's Techi... and Techi does what Techi wants lol

• Like Like x 3
  14. dinda308

dinda308 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Babu looks so tiny and adorable like an elementary kid <3
    Keyaki always chose quirky works, huh? Yuipon in a yuri drama and Techi in BL movie. Nice move, kids.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Uhhh, since Techi didn't exactly graduate...shouldn't she be in her own section?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
  16. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

@dinda308 actially, mizugi - or showing skin is a must if a female celeb releases photobook. Girls with "elegant, pure" image usually wear mizugi (Hirose Suzu, Ayase Haruka), others with sexy image can go far with lingerie or even nude. Male celebs also take half nude shots in their ptb. But beside solo photobook, celebs can do fashion book or travel book which I believe dont demand this kind of shoot.

And I agree w/ @DelicateEmpress , Techi is seen as youth icon rather than fashion icon. GQ JP called her "Muse of Young generation", Vogue JP chose her as one of the young who will lead Gen Z. So, I would love to see her solo songs, a lot of people especially the young are inspired by her performances.

She's been no longer a Kyk but this pj probably was signed when she was still, maybe same time w/ Numero. We can't be sure that Techi will continue in ent world. But if she does, i think we can look forward to her official HP to help promotion before Sankaku team confirm her role. Despite supporting role, Erika plays an improtant part in this movie (I dont know how to describe it but Erika is like Rika in Hibiki movie / Fumi in manga) so Techi might do promotion activities with Okada Masaki and Shison Jun. Then, an official site is a must.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Resignations and withdrawals go in the graduated section, it's just easier that way.

I'm still a bit amazed that she just up and quit without a graduation concert, that seems pretty selfish to me.

Ota Yuuri's recent photobook was super-boring with barely any mizugi so she could do something like that. Ikuta Erika's first photobook only had about 2 pages of bikini shots so a photobook doesn't need to be packed full of them....but it might explain why her second photobook turned into boobapalooza in order to increase sales :lol:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Shocking! lol
    I have the feeling whatever she'd do would seem pretty selfish to you no matter what.

@miyabi I think there's a chance Techi thought she would act in that movie as non-keyaki member. It depends on when she told mngmnt about her decision. If she did last summer, and Tokyo Dome had really been her grad concert, they may had pushed her to stay in the group until 2020. Even giving her center position in the next single trying to extend her staying.... which would mean they had learn near to NOTHING about Techi all this time.
    It's just my theory, based on the little we know, but if it's true it may meant she already took her next step for her career.
    Looking forward to the movie though, I'm curios to see her in that role

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    No one in Keyaki had a graduation concert, not even Zuumin or Neru who were just as popular as Techi. Neru only had a graduation event but it was akin to a fan meeting.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    It’s interesting how you label for not having a grad con selfish. Maybe elaborate a bit more on why you think so?

As for me, not having a grad con is a given in Keyaki. I am actually wonder who would be that first person to hold a grad con, or they would just not do it at all. Moreover, she withdrew at the same time as Mon/Oda’s grad and Shiichan’s hiatus. I’d argue that they also deserve some kinds of events or even a grad con. Not to mention that they just had two-day Tokyo Dome. Since the theme was Destruction and Regeneration, don’t you think that it’s underlying a grad con? Not only for Techi but also for the whole group, signaling that a new chapter is starting.

@Dill I think Mon and Techi told mmg about their plans a couple months in advance (Mon’s might even dated back to Kuro Hitsuji given her and Neru were put in 3rd row corner), which explains the rush TKD and 9th single supposed to be released in December 2019. I really think the timing for those announcements (graduation, withdrawal and hiatus) was fixed for various reasons so they could not prolong them any longer. Techi really poured her heart into the year-end performances as a farewell to us. Her last performance was an outstanding Fukyouwaon on Kouhaku!!!

Anyways, Techi seems really happy on SOL and in the filming clip so I think she’s content with her decisions. The only think I’m worried for now is her alarming weight loss. I didn’t realize how severe it is until I saw her photo with Mrs. Green Apple. I hope it is just a temporary thing and she’ll soon be back to a healthier routine.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2