1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single MNL48 5th [High Tension] (2019.11.25)

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by Shinga Kurukato, Sep 21, 2019.

1. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
  2. UkiyaSeed

UkiyaSeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ashley Cloud Garcia
    This came outta nowhere. The official MNL48 YouTube channel posted a quick video featuring the members reacting to the High Tension MV. Video ends with the premiere date for the MV.

if the video does not show watch the video here

3. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

MV will be published on YT at 8:00PM GMT +8 / Manila Time

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    The MV is not as colourful as I expected. It has a totally different vibe than the AKB48 one. But that is one of the reason I really like it. It is has more of a cool and an elegant vibe. That makes it stand out and not a copy of the original.

And the center really catched my attention!

They published some dance tutorials:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    OMG! I FELL IN LOVE! What an AMAZINGLY different concept! #ChefsKiss I love the Edgy-Elegance they pulled off! Truly amazing! Might be a new favorite~

• Like Like x 4
  6. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Visual effects and cinematography definitely better than Plan C.

Plan C ideas, concepts and direction still the best. Not a lot to think about and it matches the song perfectly.

Idol struggles, sacrifices, scandals and other negative what nots is a part of every 48G group life, nothing new about that so I'd avoid symbolism and adding meaning to the MV, just make it a fun MV or whatever the mood for the song is, make it stand out and let the girls and fan's enjoy the outcome.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. tonicjr

tonicjr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chanyapuk Numprasop
    The best MV i have seen from them yet.
    HT > PKM > 365AEP

8. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    It's a good MV, overall.

The concept is great and fancy, the way they shoot is nice too... but for some reason I think that the lighting is awful and negatively affects the colors and focus, makes it look low quality...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. algae27

algae27 Kenkyuusei

yeah, i'm not a big fan of the color grading either, although i like mostly everything else. It fits with the old house theme, but not so much on the dancing/disco part.

• Like Like x 1
  10. UkiyaSeed

UkiyaSeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ashley Cloud Garcia
    Now that the MV had over 300,000 views, they uploaded the behind-the-scenes video. Also, High Tension just debuted at #8 at the Pinoy Myx Countdown.

11. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    i was wondering ,the costumes/dress that they wear during the MV was provided by the members own expenses right?(based on the BTS), Is HHE that low in budget?

12. onego123

onego123 Member

Unpopular Opinion Incoming!
    I'm not a fan of the MV for several reasons. 1. As somebody stated before it's ridiculous that the MV was released when promotions for the single are starting to wind down and promotions for the 6th single are about to pick up. I know that the financial situation isn't good right now, but there are other companies out there that make way less money than HHE, and can release an MV in a timely manner. Maybe they didn't have any ideas for what it would look like until later, and if that was the case, just holler. Also I'm disappointed that Gabb's silhouette wasn't wearing a secret costume.
    2.High Tension is about letting go and having fun. The MV is basically just the girls sitting, posing, and looking edgy, and serious the whole time. And that really didn't change between the black, and white outfits.
    3. Needed WAY more dance scenes.
    4. No Faith
    Ultimately the MV didn't make me want to get up, dance, or have fun, and would've been better suited for a different song(Kurumi to Dialogue?)

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Corgi4all

Corgi4all Kenkyuusei

Yes the jps. vers. Is about letting go and having fun but cultural context played a role in this MV. I think to understand the MV you have to understand that “high tension” means different for Japanese and Filipinos. Also, this MV catered more to local Filipino taste thats why its somewhat a mix review for foreign fans and hard core 48 fans from the comments and reactions I’ve read and seen. The director himself stated that

“Concept is overcoming problems and stress from everyday life. For the video, we used symbolisms like black balloons to represent these problems. The girls overcome these obstacles by facing them head on, hence the tough vibe, sticking together and having fun.”

For me I’m glad they added more meaning and cultural flavor to the song and MV because it makes this single feel slightly more original rather than a cover song.

I think it was Sir Zeph the head director for MNL48 that said they had a hard time with getting the concept and uniform approved by AKS ( after watching the MV I understand what he meant) hence the long delay on top of financial issues HHE has already.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  14. onego123

onego123 Member

Since you put "high tension" in quotes I'm assuming you're talking about the term, and not the actual song, and lyrics like I am. I'm sorry, but I highly doubt that having fun, and partying looks edgy, and serious in the Philippines.

""The director himself stated that “Concept is overcoming problems and stress from everyday life. For the video, we used symbolisms like black balloons to represent these problems. The girls overcome these obstacles by facing them head on, hence the tough vibe, sticking together and having fun.”""

What the director had in mind honestly sounds fantastic, and I would have loved to see that play out better in the video than it did. Makes me wonder if somebody got lazy BTS. At one point in the video one of the girls pops a balloon which is when I was expecting them to start "sticking together, and having fun" and aside from the clothes and time of day, that change never really happened. They were just doing in the white costumes what they were already doing in black.

15. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    So while streaming for MNL, I decided to check on the comments to see where we were at. I got confused as to who "Bernadette" and "Maria" were. Then I put 2 and 2 together and it hit me.

Never change, MNLoves. Never change :hehe:[hehe]:hehe:[hehe]

16. Mark De Villa

Mark De Villa Kenkyuusei

I'm still really not getting it, saw it alot on Twitter, can you explain this inside joke?

17. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

since you are the only one who stealthily disagrees so far with my posts, let me spell it out for you simple and clear:

Maria = MNL48
    Bernadette = BNK48

make sure you hit that like button, or informative if you want to be specific.

• Informative Informative x 5
  18. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Are there's slang for JKT and CGM?

19. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    Idk 'bout CGM48, but JKT48 is Juana.

20. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

actually, none that I have seen or know of yet. It's only between the two which MNL48 fans usually compare MVs or perhaps everything recently. Like a tv drama or soap opera where there's the antagonist and the protagonist.

I think they respect JKT more since they see them as seniors obviously the first sister group outside japan.. so no comparison that leads to these made up code names. CGM is just new or they consider it part of BNK.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020