1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Coronavirus (COVID-19) thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by MondyofAus, Feb 21, 2020.

1. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1230688312681099264?
    I figure it is only a matter of time before this impacts AKB and the sister groups as well. They might be forced to close their theaters for awhile, and perhaps puts some bigger concerts on ice as well. Even 1 or 2 members contracting the virus could have a devastating effect, although not a mortal one. Young people are generally recovering from the illness pretty fast, they will just be isolated at home for an extended period.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200221_38/
    To try and keep this AKB48-related as much as possible I think it would be useful to have a thread on how coronavirus precautions are affecting all 48 Group events, not just HS. I've got a trip booked to Japan in late April/early May which revolves around the HS events scheduled for then and I know that at least one or two people here are planning to go to Miichan's grad event on 4/2. I'm also wondering if HS events are cancelled before the release of the new single on 3/18 does that mean automatic refunds for everyone scheduled to go to those and maybe no million-selling figures this time?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

First of all, it's not a virus.
    It's extremely difficult to catch something that isn't.

Second, all you need is proper nutrition and NOT wearing a stupid mask, and you'll be fine. (nothing like restraining your oxygen levels for hours at a time...

This is not true.
    Posting false information about Coronavirus which can be easily checked will incur severe penalties. Don't do it again.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. best48fan

best48fan Kenkyuusei

hun? lol

5. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    sounds like the perfect occasion for some large-scale SR event:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    I had 2 days of HS planned for previous trip, both "postponed" not "cancelled", so most likely there will be an event where people can spend their tickets. For those who cannot participate there will likely be refunds at some point some months away. As a reference, for SKE the refunds for 10/13 HS, cancelled due to typhoon were paid in the end of january.

7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'm sure I could get refunds if necessary, in any case with this sort of thing there's always a risk of last-minute cancellation due to typhoons or earthquakes - and as for illness, at one event I had tickets for 3 years ago there were no NGT48 members present due to an outbreak of food poisoning amongst the group. What I don't want to happen is that the CDs are shipped on 3/17, million-plus sales are announced on the release date 3/18, and then on 3/19 it's announced that all HS events are cancelled until further notice. I'm probably being way too cynical though about how the group's management might do things! :D

8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    But... it is? I'm not sure what the rest of your post even means.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    My problem is that I'm planning to book flights for Naochan's Shibuya solo live, but that's the only thing I'd be flying for and risking that kind of money for an event that might be cancelled is something I'll really need to consider before committing.

10. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    As I said my whole trip currently revolves around HS events which of course aren't as important as one-off non-repeatable concerts (such as Nao's gig and Miichan's gradcon) and indeed if the whole Coronavirus thing had erupted earlier I'd have almost certainly abandoned Japan for this year. However I've already made the commitment to HS tickets and to non-refundable air tickets. Well, all I can do is sit tight and wait for events to unfold. I suspect it'll turn out to be 'all or nothing', i.e. the virus situation improves and life in Japan returns to near-normality - or it'll get worse and both my flights and the HS events will be cancelled with full refunds, and I'll save my cash for another time. (but if things are still that bad in May then it could be 'sayonara' to the Olympics this year...)

EDIT - Just hearing news that Eunbi from IZ*ONE was unwell at today's fanmeet in Korea, hopefully (and probably) nothing much to worry about, just a little exhaustion - but it's difficult not to worry at the moment :(

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  11. yukizukky

yukizukky Kenkyuusei

bless everyone. for now the situation doesn’t look like it’s improving in any way. virus epidemics are bad for everyone, fans, companies, government all alike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

It is a virus though. It is even in its name: "2019 nCoV" = novel Corona Virus, now renamed to Covid-19 or SARS-CoV-2, respectively.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    CDC (USA) just put Japan on a Level 2 'Alert' status (sustained community transmission; enhanced precautions, especially for high-risk travelers).

I also heard Taiwan is putting Japan on alert as well for similar reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Sadly this thing is going to get much worse, and Japan + South Korea are going to be at the front line of the fight. Expect plenty of disruption going forward.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I was supposed to visit Japan for the first time ever on late April (22nd-27th, departing Seattle from the 21st). Should I be concerned? Am I kind of rolling the dice right now since it's a little bit far off (~two months)?

17. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Depends on what to be concerned about.
    Events being cancelled likely, catching covid-19 not so much yet IMO. Unless of course it really gets out of hand which could happen.

18. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Various travel news websites here in the UK are saying that visitors to Asian countries are currently reporting 'business as usual' with the only signs of any differences being more frequent invitations to use hand sanitisers. I think the next couple of weeks will be crucial while measures are taken to contain clusters of the virus in Japan, Korea and now Italy. If that's successful and the weather starts to turn warmer next month then it's likely that the global situation could improve quite quickly.

Meanwhile I've decided I'm going to apply for Mirurun's solocon on 4/28 which fits in well with my planned itinerary - who knows if it'll get cancelled but if I do get a ticket and it goes ahead then it'll help to make my trip worthwhile should the HS events get pulled.

19. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Maybe just peak time :( ... It not it self, but it after ills also high class :( . If you are good healt and < 65 years, there is higher possible that you get just new exp. But... be careful... AT HIGH priority at avoid animals (what wild, that... )!

(And 1990* that not even travel at from animals to "us" ... but... now it possible die at 2% (65 and over ) and younger must be look what do. )

Let´s see :(

20. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

In Italy in the region of Lombardy and Veneto, there are 7 confirmed deaths of the coronavirus, their ages are between 62 and 88 and affected per moment are 229 people. :(
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...0-infected-italy-europe-braces-covid-n1141466

So you no longer need to go to any country in the Orient, we already have it in Europe.

With these ages and the modus operandi it reminds me of a pneumonia and very strong.

It is advisable to clean your hands before eating, put on paper masks and put on a coat to avoid catching a cold.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1