Single Keyakizaka46 9th / Last Single [Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka?] (2020/08/21)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

All the songs are so good I want them all in the 9th Single

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    right 2 days before hitsuji anniversary :hehe:

3. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    If it's a love song...

bern.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Creative Creative x 3
  4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Nice song.... I'll wait to hear more before properly judging.
    The only thing I hope is that the single is actually coming....
    but honestly, if I was mngmnt I would put some song more in it than usual. It need to be worth the wait

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rev4

Rev4 Member

It's definitely away from their period with different shades of "cool" since 5th single. I personally think Keyaki was locked on that style for very long until ideas ran out for AkiP. Nothing wrong about 5th to 8th single, but they were lacking a group aura that 1st to 4th single had. They expressed different kind of style/genre when the group started. They could go from Sekai to Katuranara mirai wo. Or Fukyouwaon to W-Keya song. It was what I enjoyed with Keyaki and is basically the songs that still brings up for new members who join the group. 1st to 4th single and 1st album was a special moment for Keyaki.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Sorry if someone already said it before, but with this coronavirus threat, there's a possibility that the single release will be pushed back even further...

Yet we still don't have an official release date either...

7. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    but they sold millions afterward. Anyway keyaki is associated with cool now. It became their identity so I prefer them to keep it that way.

I'm more worried about their birthday live

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I like the keyaki before and will really love to see them continue with their cool concept. I can understand why ppl are against it but for me, it's totally refreshing. Take the comparison we often make here: SM & SekaiAi, Fukyouwaon & futari Saison. Cool & bright! We know them for their cool exterior so once we see their cute & bright side, I go like 'wow, they are so bright'. 'It' s rare to see this side of them'. That feeling is the same with idols who make cute songs and have some cool ones too, but different from what I feel with idols who make only cute & bright songs. They aren't only cool but cute, bright, melancholy & fun. When I say I haven't experienced an idol group like keyaki, I really mean this. They shld continue with this side of them because that is how the public knows them and are already adjusted to that. A little person will be happy here too if they do :hehe:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Correction: Fans on Keyaki forum are against it. I'm not the biggest fan of this main character and immovable center when it becomes official since 5th single if you ask AkiP. With Hirate being out from the group who basically represented the change of Kanji Keyaki since 5th single is the reason why Kanji went more dark than they did before. Many complained about why MV director was only focusing on Hirate, but she was the main character in these songs. Some loved it, some disliked it. It's not an opinion that Kanji turned more dark, you can just look at Hirate's solo dance tracks on Keyaki Republic 2018 and Tokyo Dome 2019 they are creepy.

And like fans on Hinata forum told me it wasn't the popularity of Keyaki being locked on only cool songs that boost their sales. Hiragana Keyaki's popular 2ki members joined around 5th single and helped Keyaki to blow up with 6th single. Sales on 9th single will give us a clear picture soon.

There is for a reason why Yukka said the group has getting stagnant. Are we going to ignore that? Yukka seems to share same opinion as mine about the group recently.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Well, fans are always not happy with results but these same fans enjoyed the singles released. And as much as it was true that hiragana helped in the sales, let's not forget that they were still keyaki then, so they didn't help. They participated. It is the same like having more members, like 2ki etc. Their sales may be affected but not because of their concept. And as much as we want to deny it, it was that cool concept which made them that popular. Calling their dance creepy and such is not new. They are not though. We only don't understand them. Moreover, when they are announced anywhere in Japan, whether on news or programs, we only hear, 'cool keyakizaka46', 'keyaki, an idol group known for their coolness'. It is there, that can't be changed. And I think Yuuka saying the group has been stagnant does not refer to that aspect but because of whatever's happening in the group.
    Lastly, no one is happy with an immovable center. It so happens keyaki had that but main characters are needed for the kinda songs they make and since Hirate was the center in all the singles, it so happens she was the MC.
    In short, some of us might not be happy, but that doesn't mean we are to totally condemn what they are known for. We need to see the girls view in all this and believe me or not, they are more into the keyaki concept than we are.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi

It would be great if for once, you'd state your opinions and not everything you read around. Every people had their own voice.
    Personally, I love the cool concept and I'm absolutely convinced they need to keep it to be differente from Nogi, Hinata and 48. Keyaki is something different and that is their strength. Having new members will give it some new shades but the soul needs to be Keyaki still.
    Also, I don't understand why fans are always so fast in erasing the coupling cute songs we had... god knows if Bathroom travel is my guilty pleasure.
    Calling Techi's dances creepy just show how little they are understood so, I'd just let it go, but I never saw so many people against mngmnt as now that the documentary news came out, so perhaps people finally understand that insulting a 16-17-18 year old girl wasn't the appropriate thing to do all these years.

One can hope....

but this means 9th single will come later. May?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    May be.

Not all fans are against their cool concept. It's just they need to distribute the focus between members more fairly. Aside from that, as long as the song is good, people would like it. I personally not too fond of their 6th and 7th single but I really like Kuroi Hitsuji. Hopefully, 9th would be a great song.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. kkitty

kkitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuriharasae
  14. outkastband

outkastband Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    i don't hear anything that mention hikaru as their new center.

15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi

except for the echo of Keyaki fans' hopes [hehe]
    We'll see...

16. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Hikaru's job on Kuroi Hitsuji was very impressive. But Pon is still the default center after Techi left...right?

17. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Artistic direction of new Keyakizaka has yet to be determined. 9th single didn't got delayed but postponed.

My prediction was a 2nd album last year until mngmt still wanted to milk off Hirate's current dark mood of insisting to release more singles until 2nd album. Now those plans have to be changed due to Hirate's withdrawal.

My guess is they are pushing for a 2nd album for this summer and ignore all backlash from fans now. Mngmt will milk the last off Hirate by putting her Kado wo magaru song in one of the album versions because it belongs to Seed & Flower. They have so many new songs lying around since Saijin and even unreleased 9th single. They will also record new songs with new 2ki members who were just assigned to the group.

2nd album will feature a clash between old Keyaki with Hirate and new Keyaki to determined their artistic direction.

9th single will be a perfect start for new Keyakizaka in the fall. Mngmt is more certain what direction they want to take Keyaki and future 3ki audition. But for now it's a mess in their game plan as they have always scheduled around Hirate and are not used to this.

Yukka got advice from Maiyan at Kouhaku (red and white battle) about encouraging individual work in the group and she should talk to all members about it. So it's both mngmt who has to throw away old rules and Keyaki members should focus more on themselves.

Keyaki mngmt has Konno-san if they need advice because he can send them on courses about individual work and how they push individuals in a group.

In what way was 1st to 4th single like Nogi, Hinata and 48? Manatsu Akimoto said since 1st single they were different from Nogi as she thought they were going to be the same.

Kanji started as cool but it's their dark route we have issues with because it was members who helped to achieve this that the group are now lacking. Hirate's low pitch voice, Dani's bass voice and even Mon's atmosphere are now gone.

There is nothing wrong about their dark direction since 5th single but it has to suit members too to make it work. All 1ki members were mysterious from the start but when Hirate changed after 4th single mngmt used her for this narrative. They saw other abilities in her rather than repeat the vein of 1st to 4th single. You can see a big change from Yamanotesen to Kado wo magaru. She changed, matured, more versatile. She is not only that bubbly girl, but a artistic soul who can reach the dark side other idols can't.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  18. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    That's what many fans want at least. But I dont think management share the same opinion. If they did maybe 9th single would be out already with her as a center. She's like Kyonko/Katoshi of the group: popular, always front line but never center. At least that's what I believe

19. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @Rev4 I never wrote that our first 4 singles were like Nogi's, but that I love the concept and Keyaki should keep their differences. Cool, Dark and Creepy are not the words I'd use constantly to define Keyaki anyway.

@techizaka I agree with you about Pon, but I would like to see her have the center, at least once. She's way more than the quiet pretty girl people expect her to be and if there's gonna be a sort of transition, I think she should be chosen.
    On the other hand, Hikaru stage presence is too strong to be put aside, so it wouldn't surprise me if mngmnt chose that road instead.

Either way.... I'm still waiting for our single :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Imagine if they're waiting for the 9th single cause they're finding a way to have TechiSUS in it.

Like, doing senbatsu annoncement, and for center position we gonna have a TechiSUS hologram and other members will have to bow down to it during video and performances. Gonna be fun to have something like that and seeing reactions.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1